• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair (as EvilLore pointed out), he hadn't been a mod for closer to a decade. Still, the fact he was a mod at any point makes this stand out even more so.

Also, that old FFXIII E3 meme should probably be forever put to bed.

I don't think that was amirox was it?

I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE is the new hot meme anyway.

kingocfs

Who was the other one? I don't remember that incident at all.

Also tbf Amirox hadn't been a moderator even when I started being active and he always seemed to have a troubled history to say the least. I'm going to guess he didn't really gone public about this stuff until recently either.

Opiate.

Don't think it's the mods' job to track individual members to that kind of detail. You guys act like mods go through some intensive background screening. They are just members tasked with keeping the forum in order. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren't police. They aren't publicly elected officials. Crazy that people are looking for some kind of conspiracy here.

What constructive discussion could possibly be had about this issue anymore?

I'm not talking consipracy, I'm talking about talking some responsibility and doing a bit of vetting for who is given the ability to moderate this very popular website.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Because the situation is resolved, there's nothing else to say about it besides saying how horrible it is. There's no discussion to be had. He should have never been a mod but it's not like they do extensive background checks for this stuff.

What constructive discussion could possibly be had about this issue anymore?

There are about 100 OT threads each day that aren't basis for any sort of constructive discussion but nobody cares. If there was a thread about this without him being a former gaf member nobody would close that thread. This has a direct link to gaf and a lot of people here knew the guy. I personally don't care that much if there will be a thread. I didn't knew the guy and have nothing to say, really.
But deleting that first thread without a comment lead to people speculating that the mods are, for some reason, deleting this guys old posts and are "protecting" him.

But this is OT anyway and frankly I don't want to waste any more time on this disgusting shit.

xanavi

Pretty damn soft from the staff. I can't say I'm surprised though, despite how they might try to distance themselves from him this is still really embarrassing. It's tough to let people talk about what kind of shitty people you've had as moderators when you own the site.

Man I step away from GAF to eat dinner and the forum is on fire. Can someone sum up what's going on? Mod got arrested for CP is what I'm deducing?

hamchan

Oh shit, really?

I've wondered why I haven't seen him in awhile.

I didn't know about him too. That he just vanished and that this Amirox thing only lasted like an hour before the OT looks seemingly wiped with no trace of the subject, with the majority of people probably never finding out, shows how effective the sweeping under the rug is.

Man I step away from GAF to eat dinner and the forum is on fire. Can someone sum up what's going on? Mod got arrested for CP is what I'm deducing?

Sort of. According to EvilLore, he was removed as a mod many years ago, due to getting into an argument with another user and then deleting previous posts that essentially showed he was lying in that argument. He was caught in the process of removing those posts. Until today, however, he was still a regular (non-mod) poster.

Opiate.

I'm not talking consipracy, I'm talking about talking some responsibility and doing a bit of vetting for who is given the ability to moderate this very popular website.

I don't think the ability to "vet" that an anonymous forum user you want to give moderator duties to won't be busted for a felony in 8 years exists.

No one could have known the depths of Amir0x's shittiness ahead of time, but it was readily apparent for a LONG time before any of this went down that the guy was an appalling piece of shit. It's a black mark against the forum that he was allowed to be an active poster for as long as he was, never mind the fact that he was a mod for so long.

To be fair (as EvilLore pointed out), he hadn't been a mod for closer to a decade. Still, the fact he was a mod at any point makes this stand out even more so.

I mean, if we had access to the desktops and search histories of every member of congress, every Fortune 500 CEO and every member of the Hollywood elite, you'd find that it's not unusual for sick people to be in positions of great power and influence. A mod on a gaming forum is small peanuts by comparison.

Hell, look at Jeffrey Epstein, a man who is quite literally a convicted pedophile and yet still is allowed to retain his immense wealth (American pedophile billionaire).

Man, that's some messed up stuff.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Friday the 13th stream tomorrow. I hope we get some funny rp out of it.

I've liked the streams I've seen of it from Kinda Funny. Greg had one where he escaped by boat (the boat escape method was in the map from the Quick Look). He escaped, but barely. Turns out, Jason is actually faster and deadlier in water. He'll pull you out of the boat into the lake, instantly killing you. It was seriously tense. Like escaping a shark, swimming right behind you. He was like inches from being caught.

Kimaka

I suppose this is why a thread on this would be useful because people are going to want to talk about it, but I guess there isn't much to say outside that he is a disgusting piece of shit that needs to be thrown under the jail.

Man, that's some messed up stuff.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Friday the 13th stream tomorrow. I hope we get some funny rp out of it.

Was this going to be a crosscoast stream?

In more lighthearted news, I got the preload going for the Crash N.Sane Trilogy. Hopefully that can tie me over till I get my August trifecta of games...

Just gotta get through July and the first week of August or so.

hamchan

I suppose this is why a thread on this would be useful because people are going to want to talk about it, but I guess there isn't much to say outside that he is a disgusting piece of shit that needs to be thrown under the jail.

Although I'll admit to having some morbid curiosity of just going through his past posts over the whole decade and thinking "fuuuck man" while reading it with the knowledge of what he is.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
no one here shared this with me and that makes me sad
0ub1G2W.jpg

In more lighthearted news, I got the preload going for the Crash N.Sane Trilogy. Hopefully that can tie me over till I get my August trifecta of games...

Just gotta get through July and the first week of August or so.

It's going to be fun being the dude going "no guys Crash Bandicoot was amazing, honest"

especially when I get to the entry on Cortex Strikes Back in my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom