• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Man...that Exquisite Corps episode went to shit real fast thanks to some real poor placement by Dan and his need to keep his character alive above all others. Also, rushing the survivor like he did was a real bad idea all around.
Never forget Dan's motto (ok he never actually said this, but my point stands):
AnzDWuJ.png
Unfortunately Alex's chin very obviously clipped into his armour in that pose, so I had to use Vinny instead.

KingKong

just remember as long as you keep buying Nintendos overpriced nostalgia grabs they'll never make a proper on demand classics service

BTA

Rushed to a physical store and got a preorder.

Happy I legitimately completely coincidentally worked from home today.

Even if I have to eat lunch while I work now because I spent what would have been my break doing that.

kiguel182

I’m not doing it but part of me has entertained the idea of getting an Xbox for PUBG. I hate exclusives so much.

I need to get a PC next year. Despite hating how much types of hardware there are, there are so much more games there.

I’m not doing it but part of me has entertained the idea of getting an Xbox for PUBG. I hate exclusives so much.

I need to get a PC next year. Despite hating how much types of hardware there are, there are so much more games there.

PUBG with a controller sounds like a miserable experience even if everyone is using one, at least the way the game works at this moment. Also it's a good game but not THAT good. Get a PC imo. They're useful for all kindsa stuff and games and things

oti

Banned

How cheap is an Xbox in Portugal? It just reached 150 Euros including Gorizon 3 in Switzerland a few days ago.

kiguel182

PUBG with a controller sounds like a miserable experience even if everyone is using one, at least the way the game works at this moment. Also it's a good game but not THAT good. Get a PC imo. They're useful for all kindsa stuff and games and things

Thing is I’m a MacBook person so I would buy a desktop just for games (not even all games since indie stuff is playable on the Mac I want to buy) and it feels a bit wasteful.

I still might do it after I upgrade my Macbook

How cheap is an Xbox in Portugal? It just reached 150 Euros including Gorizon 3 in Switzerland a few days ago.

Really?

Here it’s still 279 with a game. Which isn’t bad but I just bought a Switch so another console is definetly out of the question.

Buying a gaming PC is probably what I’m going to do once the PS5 or whatever is announced. I’m not sure I’m into another console cycle.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
First person who tells me how much a polar bear weighs can have my Gigantic Starter Bundle Friend key I just got from the devs. I THINK it's for PC only.

15 KG

Prove to me there isn't a Polar Bear out there right now that weighs exactly 15 KG
Prove it

I don't want the key tho, but thanks :)

This SNES Classic preorder stuff is just sad and depressing how well it's working for Nintendo and how people are just falling all over themselves to get one. Those threads are just insane.

sirap

Few games have settings as forgettable as Saints Row 3 and 4. I love those games, but that's one of the areas where they're most lacking.

I read your post and then spent a good 15 minutes trying to remember one area from SR3's map.

Jesus, you weren't wrong.

Valtýr

ExCorps and Murder Island are a really interesting lens into the mind of Dan and his (in)ability to work for the betterment of the team.

Fantastapotamus

Give it to me straight:
Should I get excited for FF XV on PC when I typically don't really care for jRPGs?
I feel like I heard a lot of praise for the game right after it came out followed by a lot of grumbling a week later.

Omfg Dan, just watched XCom. What a disaster.

I remember when people (mostly ME) were like "Abby was bad and Alex was too cautious and kinda boring, but Dan will probably do fine though since he played XCOM last year!"

Give it to me straight:
Should I get excited for FF XV on PC when I typically don't really care for jRPGs?
I feel like I heard a lot of praise for the game right after it came out followed by a lot of grumbling a week later.

It's hard to predict whether you would like it or not knowing you don't like jRPGs. I feel like recommending FFXV requires a whole conversation first to be certain lol. I will say it was my GotY last year because I think it is an incredibly beautiful, interesting, and flawed package.

Give it to me straight:

If you don't like jRPGs already, you'll HATE FF15. It's utter garbage. For me it was unplayable.

Meguro

Banned
It's hard to predict whether you would like it or not knowing you don't like jRPGs. I feel like recommending FFXV requires a whole conversation first to be certain lol. I will say it was my GotY last year because I think it is an incredibly beautiful, interesting, and flawed package.

This is about where I'm at.
I think FF15 is really fascinating and flawed and one of my favorite Final Fantasies.
I'd say it depends on why you aren't into JRPGs.

Fantastapotamus

This is about where I'm at.
I think FF15 is really fascinating and flawed and one of my favorite Final Fantasies.
I'd say it depends on why you aren't into JRPGs.

Kinda hard to tell tbh.
I think I just hated the writing and characters in most jRPGs I've seen and then my inner Dan took over and led me to a dark "ALL JRPGS SUCK" path.
I also hate grinding

oti

Banned
Give it to me straight:

What don't you like about JRPGs in particular?

Turn-bassd combat? FF XV has a real time-ish combat. In the beginning it's a mess. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty enjoyable and fun.

Bad stories and characters? Sorry, FF XV is full of drama and some characters are really bad. It could be worse though.

Linear gameplay? FF XV is open world. It's a weird open world, but it's still open world.

Give it to me straight:

I liked it. It starts out strong and ends even stronger with the middle part being a nosedive to WTF land, also the post credit cutscene is the best executed cutscene in the entire game. The only strongest consistent thing about the game was the soundtrack. It was also my first Final Fantasy game(solely because I hate turn-based JRPG's except for Pokemon and even then I fell off that as well)

Damn, sounds like a mess.

Meguro

Banned
Kinda hard to tell tbh.
I think I just hated the writing and characters in most jRPGs I've seen and then my inner Dan took over and led me to a dark "ALL JRPGS SUCK" path.
I also hate grinding

The writing is pretty standard JRPG fare in FF15 but I really liked the 4 main dudes and grew attached to them.
But if you're into good writing I would say your JRPG stance makes perfect sense lol.

Fantastapotamus

What don't you like about JRPGs in particular?

Turn-bassd combat? FF XV has a real time-ish combat. In the beginning it's a mess. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty enjoyable and fun.

Bad stories and characters? Sorry, FF XV is full of drama and some characters are really bad. It could be worse though.

Linear gameplay? FF XV is open world. It's a weird open world, but it's still open world.

I don't mind turn based combat and right now I would probably prefer a linear game over another open world game. If I'm playing a 50+ hour game I need a good story and good characters tho.

So far I'm getting a "wait for a steep discount" vibe

in case anyone needed a reminder of how slimy Gamestop is

Let's buy that MegaMan helmet for Alex.
Don't worry I can take the dumb SNES classic that nobody wants

Just watching the Murder Island stream... Is Dan only going for loot part of his "character act" or is he really just a bad team-mate... I don't know where one begins and the other ends...

Either way, personally, it doesn't seem fun for his team-mates or the stream :/

Just watching the Murder Island stream... Is Dan only going for loot part of his "character act" or is he really just a bad team-mate... I don't know where one begins and the other ends...

I think he legitimately zones out going through houses and doesn't listen to what his teammates are saying or what's going on around him.

The crate thing is probably 50/50, he likes going for crates genuinely, but he also recognizes that it's part of his gimmick at this point.

I think it's a little column A, a little column b.

oti

Banned
in case anyone needed a reminder of how slimy Gamestop is
Wow. That's awful.
I don't mind turn based combat and right now I would probably prefer a linear game over another open world game. If I'm playing a 50+ hour game I need a good story and good characters tho.

So far I'm getting a "wait for a steep discount" vibe
Waiting for a discount is always great advice.
When it comes to FF XV and story... you basically have to watch the movie and the anime in order to really get what the hell is going on.

Top Bottom