• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

danm999

The storytelling, worldbuilding, characterisation and pacing in FFXV is a train wreck.

It's actually impressive how they got almost nothing right.

oti

Banned
I thought a few tracks from FFXV were great but overall I just can't remember a lot of it.

It sure ain't like Nier where I love nearly everything or even Kingdom Hearts' OST.

Well, orchestrated Kingdom Hearts is on another level. Like Phoenix Wright meets Orchestra.

What's your fave Nier track.

The storytelling, worldbuilding, characterisation and pacing in FFXV is a train wreck.

It's actually impressive how they got almost nothing right.

I don't think it got anything right. Even the impressive animations in battle made the game feel like it was playing itself. It's easily the worst mainline entry in the series for me.

Hasney

That's Samuses arm Cannon not a Buster.

NOT A TRUE FAN

I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to bundle two separate games. MAH BAD.

Want to see the worst part though?

5stRB9K.png

SOLDOUT.jpg

5stRB9K.png

SOLDOUT.jpg

And the sad thing is 75% of those purchases are probably scalpers who will still sell the SNES for $300-400 and sell the other items off for $30-$50 make their money back.

danm999

I don't think it got anything right. Even the impressive animations in battle made the game feel like it was playing itself. It's easily the worst mainline entry in the series for me.

No Prompto
you are the clones.

5stRB9K.png

SOLDOUT.jpg

Do Nintendo just not know wtf they're doing with stock levels? Australian preorders went for days did they allocate us too many compared to the US or something?

Hasney

Do Nintendo just not know wtf they're doing with stock levels? Australian preorders went for days did they allocate us too many compared to the US or something?

UK pre-orders lasted longer than the US, but video game stuff always seems to take longer to sell in Australia. I assume it's the conversion rate.

I would say that XV's is pretty impressive but would agree that as a whole not the most memorable score. I think that is largely due to how it is implemented in the game though more than anything. You could say the same about BotW except I just am so uninterested in BotW's soundtrack.

XIII trilogy music kills. I'm also enjoying XII's soundtrack right now and I wish I didn't temporarily sell my PS4 so I could keep playing it.
Gamestop gave me $180 bucks for it though

August 29th

This... is... Sparta!
Win 100 ranked matches.

Damn, I'm good!
Win 10 ranked matches in a row.

OH FUCK YOU

Did they send all those trophies through a meme generator? Also yeah Ill probably play less than 10 matches online and will mostly be doing local play so I guess no platinum for me.

I like coop games.
Can’t be worse that PP.

Fair enough. It might be fun with friends...maybe? I'm a big MGS fan but what I've seen of Survive does absolutely nothing for me.
I don't think it will be better than TPP for me, though. All of its faults considered, I still really enjoyed that game.

Hasney

Fair enough. It might be fun with friends...maybe? I'm a big MGS fan but what I've seen of Survive does absolutely nothing for me.
I don't think it will be better than TPP for me, though. All of its faults considered, I still really enjoyed that game.

Same, TPP is one of my favourite playing games this generation. I doubt Survive will come close to that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

NOA is completely incompetent and they seemingly don't know what supply chain management is.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Catching up on Murder Island....Dan just announcing 'level 2 helmet' while everyone is in a fire fight.

Jeff put it best; "Fucking what?"

Catching up on Murder Island....Dan just announcing 'level 2 helmet' while everyone is in a fire fight.

Jeff put it best; "Fucking what?"

Jeff when he's legitimately irritated or pissed off is fucking hilarious to me. He's usually so happy and low-key that when he goes off the handle you know it's real (but funny).

oti

Banned
My dad has no idea what those games are but jams the soundtrack regularly after hearing me play one of them a million years ago on ds. Super good

I remember when the first game came out on DS. Amazingly polished, great cutscenes, great puzzles, amazing soundtrack. I loved it. One of the reasons why the DS might be my favourite console of all time.

BTA

I'm even more annoyed about the SNES preordering nonsense now as my mom also really wants one and is (semi-jokingly) annoyed I couldn't find get one for her too. With things as they are it's impossible for anyone who isn't super clued in to get their hands on one without a lot of trouble.

I feel bad for at least not directly passing along the physical store tip (I'd just told my sister to tell her since I didn't realize how badly she wanted one), but I don't think even that would have worked anyway, since it's not like the allotment changed much per store and where she is decently more populated.

Salarians

my brother, who really wanted a NES classic but never could get one, was eventually able to get an order through on Target

I just hope he actually gets it

Top Bottom