• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmunk

Also purchased Picross and Stardew this past week, enjoying both greatly.

GF has played the switch more in the last two days than the time I've owned it.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait.... Did you use transparency or is the Switch dark background happen to be exactly the same color as the Gaf dark background?

xqxo9yl.png

Bacon

No but seriously when you’re craving a candy bar at the checkout aisle has anyone in the world ever reached for the butterfinger?

y'all have that reeses cup with the reeses pieces in it yet? its good.

I finally said screw it and hooked my switch up to my computer monitor rather than my TV. Loving it so far, but annoyingly my monitor's color settings don't really look great when I play my switch. so I have to change settings ever time I swap inputs.

Jintor

real question is what nut mix/trail mix bar you take

i'm pretty into these uncle tobies trail mix bars, but i dunno if they go beyond the au

Playing DKC after beating Mario World on the SNES Mini finally makes me understand why Miyamoto sort of resented it. This is my first meaningful play of DKC since I was a kid and man it's janky as fuck. Mediocre trial and error level design. Jank controls and unforgiving/unpredictable physics. The graphics really did make that game.

BTA

real question is what nut mix/trail mix bar you take

i'm pretty into these uncle tobies trail mix bars, but i dunno if they go beyond the au

There was a snack mix I ate a lot in Japan and now I'm realizing I should just look up what it was in case I can get it here somehow.

Playing DKC after beating Mario World on the SNES Mini finally makes me understand why Miyamoto sort of resented it. This is my first meaningful play of DKC since I was a kid and man it's janky as fuck. Mediocre trial and error level design. Jank controls and unforgiving/unpredictable physics. The graphics really did make that game.

Even back then I didn’t like how the DKC games looked, or those with a similar style like Toy Story.

DKCReturns on the Wii was the first good Donkey Kong Country game.

oti

Banned
I still can't believe that there's an R-rated cut of a fucking Hobbit movie.

Such a bewildering trilogy. It's like they looked back on every successful decision they made in adapting Lord of the Rings and said "okay but what if we did the exact opposite"
In the making of they basically admit they ran out of time but didn't get an extension by the film house. So they basically just recorded while coming up with the script on the fly.

Peter Jackson seemed super down on the whole thing. I'm too. These movies are bad.

But watch the free making of on YouTube. It's excellent.

daveo42

Banned
I eat more snack cakes than candy bars. I do love Snickers or those Oreo candy bars we got in the US a few months ago. Bitter (>= 50% cacao) chocolate bars are also good.

how are halo top ice cream pints only 360 calories

Orphan tears are surprisingly delicious.

Jintor

i'll say this for shadows of war, the orcs are very, very entertaining

i don't know what they did quite exactly with the animations thought but they really don't pack as much of a 'punch' as batman. Like, bats every hit felt super impactful, but here not so much. I think I just don't like swords as much.

Nerokis

Rorie nooo! I can't think about that...

Is this in reference to Rorie's admission that he considered applying to Blizzard? Because, yeah, the thought of him leaving is devastating. He's irreplaceable.

Also, that was a very good GBW Playdate. I like watching Ben and Brad play co-op games together.

demidar

i'll say this for shadows of war, the orcs are very, very entertaining

i don't know what they did quite exactly with the animations thought but they really don't pack as much of a 'punch' as batman. Like, bats every hit felt super impactful, but here not so much. I think I just don't like swords as much.

Just from what I've seen on the QL, the sword swing animation feels like the sword weighs nothing (changes directional momentum far too quickly), lack of a smooth, wide arc on swings and the anemic sword hit sounds I feel contributes to the feeling of attacking being lackluster..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom