• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan just on a run to try and piss everyone off all at once? He just casually drops the "Everything LOTR is shit except the Shadow series" on the beastcast waiting for a reaction.

Of course everyone just ignored him because, I mean, why wouldn't they?

And that D&D talk. From someone who spent over 20 hours raiding with five others.

LotR is some pretty boring shit

oti

Banned
Dan just on a run to try and piss everyone off all at once? He just casually drops the "Everything LOTR is shit except the Shadow series" on the beastcast waiting for a reaction.

Of course everyone just ignored him because, I mean, why wouldn't they?

And that D&D talk. From someone who spent over 20 hours raiding with five others.

whoah

Ashby

I would love if everyone just ignored Dan's bait on all Giant Bomb content. He would shrivel up to the size of a peanut.

Man, this is the first time I'm seeing the aftermath of the fires in California

I0ZLEvX.gif

Insanely sad. Hope they can make progress in containing it

Oakinn

I0ZLEvX.gif

Freaking hell. That's awful. The mail truck just driving around looking to deliver mail just adds to the WTF nature of the entire scene.

Dany

Banned
I'm turning on Abby real quick. First the beattles, then bladerunner and now fucking fireworks?!

Damn millennials

why do you think I'm saying it's boring

The theatrical cuts are mostly OK, but DAMN are the extended cuts some masturbatory fanboy bullshit.

Source: I grew up in a family of 3 other brothers who were all obsessed with the damn thing. All the way down to the extended commentaries.

I'm turning on Abby real quick. First the beattles, then bladerunner and now fucking fireworks?!

Damn millennials

SHE SAID IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE. It is a good movie. And fireworks are kinda eh unless you're the one shooting them off or you're at some sort of insane laser-light Disney show.

The beatles, well there's no defending that.

Mr. F

Banned
Dan is his best when he's being himself. I think he should remember that, seems like he's forgetting that a lot lately.

This is why I've been enjoying Vinny/Abby content a lot lately, super chill and less reliant on bits and throwing out wild statements/questions at every turn. They've been a great pairing.

LiK

This is why I've been enjoying Vinny/Abby content a lot lately, super chill and less reliant on bits and throwing out wild statements/questions at every turn. They've been a great pairing.

It’s the most fun when they’re just being themselves and not trying to play up to the camera. Sometimes I think they forget simple things like that.

imBask

Banned
Abby said she liked the visuals in Blade Runner but wasn't blown away

she literally described what Blade Runner is and some of you are taking it like she said the movie was trash

Ashby

In the not too distant future we may be looking back at chicken vagina as the moment GBE jumped the shark.

Hindl

I0ZLEvX.gif

Shit I thought that was Fallout 4 for a second and you were being cheeky. That's awful
The theatrical cuts are mostly OK, but DAMN are the extended cuts some masturbatory fanboy bullshit.

Source: I grew up in a family of 3 other brothers who were all obsessed with the damn thing. All the way down to the extended commentaries.

SHE SAID IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE. It is a good movie. And fireworks are kinda eh unless you're the one shooting them off or you're at some sort of insane laser-light Disney show.

The beatles, well there's no defending that.
It wasn't masturbatory, it was filling in all the stuff the movies had to leave out for the theatrical cuts. They contextualize a lot of stuff that are skipped over in the normal versions
When did Abby say something about the Beatles? I don't remember this.
Last Murder Island. She said the Beatles and Beach Boys are overrated

Kaibutsu

Also while on the subject of Dan, I dread hearing him talk because there is more than a 50% chance it will turn into some sort of body horror about how he has destroyed his body over the years...

LiK

Also while on the subject of Dan, I dread hearing him talk because there is more than a 50% chance it will turn into some sort of body horror about how he has destroyed his body over the years...

I only worry about his food opinions and thoughts. It’s like listening to an alien talk about human food. I’m fascinated by everything else.

I love all of it. The more alienating the better.

It wasn't masturbatory, it was filling in all the stuff the movies had to leave out for the theatrical cuts. They contextualize a lot of stuff that are skipped over in the normal versions

I know the argument, and I'll agree masturbatory is hyperbole on my part, but, as far as pacing goes, the theatrical cuts themselves almost go for too long (especially so with ROTK). The extended cuts, while appealing to people who've read the books and want more lore, just feel unnecessary because that stuff will be better rendered in the book than in the movie anyway.

But I'm also petty and mean-spirited having grown up with one television in the house and LOTR playing constantly.

Watching the Waypoint stream of Wardor made me realise I miss Giant Bomb's Quick Looks focusing on... you know, the game. Not so much in comparison to their Wardor QL, but in general they've really embraced the bit when on QL duty, which kinda defeats their purpose.

What I'm saying is... QLs should be edutainment.
You can download the best music of the year for free.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aaaca/pauline/index.html

WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T TELL THEM
Oh wow. This has made my day! Thanks oti.

The URL mentions Pauline. I guess this confirms she sings it. Mayor and superstar.

Agreed. Can understand not being a fan but a lot of the extended added some good stuff.

If you want BS look at the hobbit movies. Still can't believe how badly they messed those up :(

daveo42

Banned

I love this. I want Dan to tell more body horror stories or just straight life stories related to how he never knew a thing was a thing until well after everyone else learned it. Makes me feel like a mostly well-adjusted adult.

Scizzy

There's an inherent risk in the Vinny-as-host/Dan dynamic. Vinny will always indulge his lunacy for 2-3 minutes, which sometimes leads to comedy gold and sometimes brutal cringe. Brad would give him, like, 20 seconds, which offered a ton of great one liners, but fewer memorable moments.

Dineren

Banned

I'm kind of bummed Vinny has stopped Dan from talking about a couple of those stories. I can't get enough of them.

TraBuch

Banned
Watching the Waypoint stream of Wardor made me realise I miss Giant Bomb's Quick Looks focusing on... you know, the game. Not so much in comparison to their Wardor QL, but in general they've really embraced the bit when on QL duty, which kinda defeats their purpose.

What I'm saying is... QLs should be edutainment.
You'd think so, but Dan would rather talk about anything but the game in quick looks. And it seems like the rest of the crew followed his lead.

There's an inherent risk in the Vinny-as-host/Dan dynamic. Vinny will always indulge his lunacy for 2-3 minutes, which sometimes leads to comedy gold and sometimes brutal cringe. Brad would give him, like, 20 seconds, which offered a ton of great one liners, but fewer memorable moments.

Brad indulged him far more than that.

Hindl

She ain't wrong. Also keep in mind they're blown up to a ridiculous degree.
I'm comfortable saying she's wrong with those opinions. Not liking something isn't the same as them being overrated, and people conflate the two too much. Regardless of whether or not you like the Beatles or the Beach Boys, their impact on modern music cannot be overstated.
I love all of it. The more alienating the better.

I know the argument, and I'll agree masturbatory is hyperbole on my part, but, as far as pacing goes, the theatrical cuts themselves almost go for too long (especially so with ROTK). The extended cuts, while appealing to people who've read the books and want more lore, just feel unnecessary because that stuff will be better rendered in the book than in the movie anyway.

But I'm also petty and mean-spirited having grown up with one television in the house and LOTR playing constantly.
Well yeah, that's what the extended cuts are for right? The people who want more information and are already sold on the story are going to want the extended cuts. If you're not into that I'm not sure why you'd watch the extended cuts

Kaibutsu

I'm kind of bummed Vinny has stopped Dan from talking about a couple of those stories. I can't get enough of them.

From Dan requiring surgery for his hemorrhoids to 70% of his teeth having crowns to he purposely destroying his eyes & feet, I think we have heard enough of the Saw like saga that is his body lol. Oh yeah, did i mention that he has bladder issues from all the soda and caffeine he drank hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom