• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
uKuBunO_medium.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm... I think today is the day I finally go back and try Horizon again... I played a bit when it came out and then go sidetracked by Zelda and never went back to it... At this point I think I'll just start a new game.

LiK

Hmm... I think today is the day I finally go back and try Horizon again... I played a bit when it came out and then go sidetracked by Zelda and never went back to it... At this point I think I'll just start a new game.

Damn right you will. One of the best games this year.

Yeah, Horizon is pretty cool. I hated the combat and game until I recently had a fight with a big ass robo bird that lasted 30mins. Was incredibly intense and hard! I shit my pants when I turned around and saw like three more of them flying in the distance. I started to like the game a ton more once I started using traps and all the items available.

Wunder

I dropped off too, but it did get pretty fun once I reached the final(?) tier of weapons. I feel like they could've done a better job with introducing some core weapons to use, instead of making everything available from the start. The tutorial challenges were good but I pretty much used the normal bow the entire time I was playing

LiK

I dropped off too, but it did get pretty fun once I reached the final(?) tier of weapons. I feel like they could've done a better job with introducing some core weapons to use, instead of making everything available from the start. The tutorial challenges were good but I pretty much used the normal bow the entire time I was playing

Why? If you get the other bows, you can use other types of arrows.

I finally subbed to PlayStation Now, now that PS4 games are available (it started today). Having been in the beta and having done the 7-day trial, I already knew it worked well enough for me. I always wanted to subscribe, but the $20 option was always a tough pill to swallow, but when I heard PS4 games were coming, I planned on finally subbing (especially with that coupled with the PS Now app for PC). And I stuck to that plan! The list of PS4 games is alright, I guess. Some neat options. I wonder how often they'll add to it. I feel like playing PS4 games on PS Now will be more like renting new games, whereas PS3 games would be like replaying old favorites (and in some cases never played games). I don't know, but PS4 games on PS Now makes it so much more appealing to me. However, I don't see them adding the big exclusives any time soon. Killzone: Shadow Fall is there, and that didn't exactly set the world on fire. I could see inFAMOUS: Second Son be added soon. Maybe The Order: 1886 (that'd be a perfect PS Now game).

Wunder

Why? If you get the other bows, you can use other types of arrows.

idk, i just wanted to do damage. I bought the sling and trapcaster but they didn't really click with me. Once I got the higher tier longbow and bow though combat was more fun

Megasoum

Banned
HAHAHA. Yeah. Might've been the hair or the face. She was supposed to be six or something like that during those moments of the game. That was no six year old!

Yeah it's like an adult (or at least late teen) head on a kid body... Really weird. Something doesn't quite fit

I finally subbed to PlayStation Now, now that PS4 games are available (it started today). Having been in the beta and having done the 7-day trial, I already knew it worked well enough for me. I always wanted to subscribe, but the $20 option was always a tough pill to swallow, but when I heard PS4 games were coming, I planned on finally subbing (especially with that coupled with the PS Now app for PC). And I stuck to that plan! The list of PS4 games is alright, I guess. Some neat options. I wonder how often they'll add to it. I feel like playing PS4 games on PS Now will be more like renting new games, whereas PS3 games would be like replaying old favorites (and in some cases never played games). I don't know, but PS4 games on PS Now makes it so much more appealing to me. However, I don't see them adding the big exclusives any time soon. Killzone: Shadow Fall is there, and that didn't exactly set the world on fire. I could see inFAMOUS: Second Son be added soon. Maybe The Order: 1886 (that'd be a perfect PS Now game).

How's it running for you?

How's it running for you?

I was literally just about to post that. Oddly enough, on my PC the latency was quite noticeable. However, I switched to PS4 and the performance was much improved (more like my previous experiences). Both my PC and PS4 are connected to ethernet via powerline adapters. My PC gets around 30Mb/s and my PS4 (well, a bit less, as it's PSN ;p). On PS4, I tried God of War III: Remastered. Honestly, I did not feel any slowdown whatsoever. It was buttery smooth. As for the game itself, man the game has not aged well these past seven years. I guess seeing the new one really makes the old one look, well, old. I tried Nidhogg (a game I own on PS4) and that was smooth. Then I quit out of Nidhogg and realized the PS4's main menu was on the Nidhogg icon of the downloaded version. So, I'm not sure if I was playing the PS Now version or if it automatically launched my local version. If it was the PS Now version, it was great.

Edit- A quick check on PS4, shows I'm getting over 20Mb/s.

Yeah it's like an adult (or at least late teen) head on a kid body... Really weird. Something doesn't quite fit

Exactly. Also the voice work didn't seem to match the age either.

Salarians

I'm watching the RDR playdate from last year; Alex brought up McCree from Overwatch, and Deadlock and Talon and such, and Vinny's giggling at the name "Doomfist" ☺️

Anjin M

PUBG winning falls in line with the last two years where the game that provided the most content that year won GOTY so I can see it happening, even if it is still in Early Access.

Playerunknown's Battleground content on site: 16 hours, 52 minutes, 52 seconds
Yakuza 0's content on site: 41 hours, 57 minutes, 38 seconds

Checkmate. Yakuza 0 is GOTY.

Hindl

Playerunknown's Battleground content on site: 16 hours, 52 minutes, 52 seconds
Yakuza 0's content on site: 41 hours, 57 minutes, 38 seconds

Checkmate. Yakuza 0 is GOTY.
Counterpoint.
2015 had a lot more mgs5 content than Mario maker content. Single team playthroughs don't count (Everyone played Hitman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom