• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
kKPsZV9.png

Vinny: Did they show a trailer for 6 at all?
Alex: I don't think we want to look that far ahead yet though, I think we wanna save as much as that for ourselves as we can.

CPgM3YW.png

dan went and read all the wikis didnt he

As someone who plays a lot of these dumb word scramble games on my phone, this UPF might be the first time I've been 'angry' watching them play a game when Brad couldn't figure out 'respool.'

Like I've said previously, I just want them to play games they enjoy, which is part of the reason UPF is so hit and miss, watching them get frustrated, bored or just completely ignore the game being played because it's so bad isn't that enjoyable to me.

Excited Brad is the best.

So much this, nothing kills the mood of a video more than it being very apparent that the group isn't feeling the game.

hamchan

They can bring anything they want to play on UPF. If they're getting bored or not enjoying themselves that's pretty much on them tbh.

Harpuia

We're two episodes in and I'm starting to see why people hate it. Some parts are good but the game feels at odds with itself. The camera is really shitty, for one. I guess world design goes a long way for me personally. I still love everything about the overworld and Isle Delfino.

We're two episodes in and I'm starting to see why people hate it. Some parts are good but the game feels at odds with itself. The camera is really shitty, for one. I guess world design goes a long way for me personally. I still love everything about the overworld and Isle Delfino.

Dude, we haven't even really gotten to the actual bad game design yet.

Harpuia

Dude, we haven't even really gotten to the actual bad game design yet.

It's important to note that by design I mean the setting of isle Delfino not game design. Pianta Village is a cool place but every shine in that level is some varying level of Hell.

Corona Mountain is going to fucking BREAK everyone. I'm calling it now that takes them two full episodes to complete.

It's important to note that by design I mean the setting of isle Delfino not game design. Pianta Village is a cool place but every shine in that level is some varying level of Hell.

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that we haven't gotten to the actual reasons why people hate this game yet. The camera's been the worst of it, but so far we've been seeing the "better" shines.

Chucksters, pachinko, sand bird, and watermelons are still to come.

I really don't like the shade Alex throws at Dark Water.

Fortnight is an innovative horde mode game that's built around loot box mechanics. I feel like it could have really took the L4D spot if it wasn't for the price model.

I"m sure Kiwami will have been underway

And Alex will be playing

and he'll be like 'No dan you sucked. You think Super Mario Sunshine controls fine after all!'

mintyice

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that we haven't gotten to the actual reasons why people hate this game yet. The camera's been the worst of it, but so far we've been seeing the "better" shines.

Chucksters, pachinko, sand bird, and watermelons are still to come.

sand bird and pachinko aren't hard. watermelons sucks though. no one remembers the hotel level which is very bad.

I know the guys seemed down on The End Is Nigh, but I actually think I like it better than Super Meat Boy. I much prefer the seamless structure of the game and the fact that it's not timed.

I think a good Dan feature would him showing us how he beat a game like DMC or NG at the highest difficulty. I don't doubt him, just it would be interesting to see why he's willing to adapt to certain action games when he doesn't make the effort for others.

Fireblend

Banned
I want to see Alex play the rhythm minigame in Splatoon. It's good and ridiculously hard. Dare I say it's the Dark Souls of rhythm minigames.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think a good Dan feature would him showing us how he beat a game like DMC or NG at the highest difficulty. I don't doubt him, just it would be interesting to see why he's willing to adapt to certain action games when he doesn't make the effort for others.

DmC is nothing like yakuza though.

Horizon is pretty dull to me, there's no sense of location. There's meaningless terrain, Far Cry side-quests and a decent story, but the location means nothing because it's all pretty much jungle. Compare it to something like Deus Ex where every location has meaning and you can approach tasks in the way that you see fit. Or compare it to something like Bloodline which actually does an amazing job at creating a meaningful world withing really limited maps. Are there any games out there that focus on making a handcrafted believable environment over boring scope?

DmC is nothing like yakuza though.

I feel like I need a step by step of how Yakuza combat works.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
He's right in that the new hire thread is an uncontrolled dumpster fire, like most of reddit.

Yeah that sounds like reddit to me. Probably the same people responsible for making jeff's wife the top search term on Google when you look for 'jeff gerstmann'

oh god it is.

Weren't they the ones being weird about Dan's wife that she stopped posting there?

what?

Vinny bought a Switch

i don't know how to feel about this

i know exactly how to feel about this

Today is the anniversary of giantbomb.com :O

hapeee burfdai

Vinny said splatoon is bad

where's the lie?

Ben was totally wrong with his Steve Miller Band take and I appreciate Jason putting him on the spot.

i have it on right now... i... i dont.......ben isn't wrong...

but he also isnt right

nothing is right

abra

abracadabra

I want to see Alex play the rhythm minigame in Splatoon. It's good and ridiculously hard. Dare I say it's the Dark Souls of rhythm minigames.

I absolutely love the idea of having an in-game jukebox that has a rhythm game to go along with every track, but the decision to not actually give you a final score or to even stop the song before it loops is... strangely frustrating, lol. Like they took it 95% of the way to being a fully-fledged minigame and then just dropped it before the finish line. Still neat, though.

Also re: Spla2n, the problem with all the current platforms having capture buttons is that I just spend all of my frigging time taking pictures of shit:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Horizon is fucking garbage, there's no sense of location. There's meaningless terrain, Far Cry side-quests and a decent story, but the location means nothing because it's all pretty much jungle. Compare it to something like Deus Ex where every location has meaning and you can approach tasks in the way that you see fit. Or compare it to something like Bloodline which actually does an amazing job at creating a meaningful world withing really limited maps. Are there any games out there that focus on making a handcrafted believable environment over boring scope?

I feel like I need a step by step of how Yakuza combat works.

The main difference for them to me is this. Yakuza is all about basic normal strings with not much variation to it in order to build up meter for specials for a cinematic finish. Dmc meanwhile is all about complex normal strings to build up meter for even more complex special strings.

Also i dunno how 0 plays because i haven't touched it but Yakuza's movement what's felt clunkier to me than your dmc or Bayonetta.

That said Dan is totally underutilising the combat system, even just from a basic Yakuza level, but comparing the 2 games is a false dichotomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom