• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 10-14-2014 |

inky

More resolution talk? What silly things does Brad say now...

What was it that he said last time? "Marginal difference" or such, right?

You'd think someone like Brad, who is regularly complaining about performance and doesn't hesitate to point out the minor framerate hitch might be inclined to at least admit it's not really a minor thing for some. I get the idea of not perpetuating the console wars forum mentality, but I think it some cases there's merit to this shit.

Sayers

I think people are just perturbed that he rarely plays mainstream video games. And they really shouldn't. Sometimes he picks stinkers on unprofessional fridays but man him and Vinny and those flight videos are some of the best content on the site. He's a dude everyone in here would have a beer with and feel guilty about complaining about him within five seconds of meeting him :).

Drew brought us the Pacalove segment. As far as I am concerned, he can bring nothing else 'til the end of time and his presence will have been justified.

Not a fan of Drew on the bombcast. He'd be great for a board games podcast or a people who go out do things podcast. But a video games podcast with a bit of nonsense/ a nonsense podcast with a bit of video game talk? Nah no thanks.

Agreed. He'd also be great for a military podcast.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of Drew on the bombcast. He'd be great for a board games podcast or a people who go out do things podcast. But a video games podcast with a bit of nonsense/ a nonsense podcast with a bit of video game talk? Nah no thanks.

How can you not like Drew?

danm999

Drew's awesome. He's usually the stealth MVP for me because of all the little dumb jokes and references he makes. Like his recent 'Look's like Monoliths back on the menu boys' when discussing Shadow of Mordor.

shwimpy

Drew's awesome. He's usually the stealth MVP for me because of all the little dumb jokes and references he makes. Like his recent 'Look's like Monoliths back on the menu boys' when discussing Shadow of Mordor.
It was a shame none of them understood the joke. =P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...I kinda agree about Drew :(

at least when it comes to the non-games (or no games!) he plays. I know its funny to say that the bombcast isnt about videogames... but it is really, and he seems to know next to zero about videogames :/

as a person he's awesome tho

Alfredo

Listening to Brad talk about how your resources to kill guys are limited in the beginning of Evil Within, and then saying he didn't know why you would burn hay was kind of funny.

Bacon

Dan seemed pretty adamant last week about not wanting to talk about destiny anymore, and they did it again to him!

#teamdan

LiK

dat Raid analysis. I love Jeff.

also, Dan loves Bayo 2. he gets a pass for anything else he hates that i like FOREVER.

Vire

I agree with literally almost everything Jeff said about Destiny, and yet I still love the game.

The actual moment to moment gameplay is just too enjoyable, as he said, the enemy hit reactions, feeling of guns, environments are what keep me playing.

Gotta say, despite (and possibly because) it was recorded before the main shitshow - the "people are assholes on the internet" discussion on this week's episode is some of the wisest critique of both online movements themselves, and the most common way people react to them.

As much as Brad is incredibly vehement about it, I'll say he knows more about resolutions than the IGN folks. What a group of people that seem to fail to get their audience and act elitist. smh

I think people are just perturbed that he rarely plays mainstream video games. And they really shouldn't. Sometimes he picks stinkers on unprofessional fridays but man him and Vinny and those flight videos are some of the best fnord on the site. He's a dude everyone in here would have a beer with and feel guilty about complaining about him within five seconds of meeting him :).

This reminds me we need more Flight Club. Any new Flight Sims come out lately?

Gotta say, despite (and possibly because) it was recorded before the main shitshow - the "people are assholes on the internet" discussion on this week's episode is some of the wisest critique of both online movements themselves, and the most common way people react to them.

What was the main shitshow?

destiny sounds like a giant waste of time

Pretty much. I was waiting to hear their impressions of the raid before I sold it.

Vire

I hope they don't go deeper into the whole gamer gate issue later. I play video games to escape the real world and have fun, I really don't wont to hear about that horrible shit.

K.Sabot

Jeff's been around the pond enough times to know that there are people that do see the "person on the other side" is a human being and they just don't care.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does brad not know that borderlands 2 also has rare weapons that comes from raids or rare spawns?

It's not a destiny exclusive thing.

I got a shotgun that flies around shooting people before exploding in their face when I reloaded it.

Danomeon

Neo Member
Do you guys think anything crazy is going to go down over the "Most Disappointing Game" category at GOTY? Jeff has openly stated his vote is in for Destiny unless something worse farts onto the scene, but some of the weird groans Brad started making when that discussion flared up has me wondering if that's gonna happen.

I'm hoping Destiny doesn't become the new Dota 2 for Brad. There just isn't enough content for it to justify becoming that sort of an obsession. Once you beat the hard mode raid, you've seen it all. It's not like there's some crazy number of variables like the characters in a Dota match. I really hope Brad's sticking to his word and not putting talk about it on every forthcoming podcast.

Vire

What was the last game Jeff liked?...

Borderlands Presequel, Drive Club, Destiny, Pix the cat, ho hum on Mordor.

Even games that he liked (Horizon 2), he liked the previous game more.

Ploid 3.0

Not a direct quote but it amounted to "Why should 180 lines of resolution matter to the average consumer and is that enough for Ubisoft to care?"

Sad that he doesn't know or remember it's not just "180" lines but a whole other 1920 since 1080p is only one side and is only used as the abbreviation of the resolution.

Pretty sure he knows that.

It's a way to make it seem like no big thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Plus there's really not much he can contribute to the destiny thing.

Also really hope that this is the end of the destiny talk till the expansions.

I really wonder how many people's minds are being blown by the very concept of "raids." I guess console-exclusive players have missed out on the whole MMO thing for quite a while...

The correct question is, does it ever end?

In five years when the Destiny franchise can no longer be artifically propped up by immense marketing campaigns.

Sayers

Do you guys think anything crazy is going to go down over the "Most Disappointing Game" category at GOTY? Jeff has openly stated his vote is in for Destiny unless something worse farts onto the scene, but some of the weird groans Brad started making when that discussion flared up has me wondering if that's gonna happen.

I'm hoping Destiny doesn't become the new Dota 2 for Brad. There just isn't enough content for it to justify becoming that sort of an obsession. Once you beat the hard mode raid, you've seen it all. It's not like there's some crazy number of variables like the characters in a Dota match. I really hope Brad's sticking to his word and not putting talk about it on every forthcoming podcast.

Probably depends on how Patrick, Vinny and Alex feel about it.

I think the bigger question is will Brad be able to filibuster Destiny into the #10 spot on the overall list like he did with Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom