• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 10-14-2014 |

I'm not very into Destiny, but i don't mind hearing about it. What sucks about an hour long Destiny discussion though, is that it was an hour when Dan and Jason really didn't get to talk. At least Brad should have given Jason a chance to express his feelings on Mordor if he's gonna go on about Destiny for the umpteenth episode in a row.

It was a really good episode though. I couldn't agree with Brad more on the solidarity front. Don't be afraid to spread some positivity into the cosmos.

Also, new Prince albums are awesome. At least listen to Art Official Age, even though both are really short and will make for good music for Destiny grinding.

Are you guys just shit talking destiny because you played it and disliked it? Or because Jeff? Seriously odd reading its quality or lack thereof become some sort of meme here. Why is it weird that brad enjoys it? Lots of people are enjoying it.. This comes off as mass trolling to me. Sorry I'm drunkish.

Because the game is absolutely boring and the only thing more boring than actually playing the game is hearing the same exact conversation every week about how boring it is.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I know that Destiny is kind of right up Brad's metaphorical alley, but it feels like such an odd disconnect to hear Brad express his love-hate relationship for Destiny....again.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I didn't hate the Destiny discussion this week (Jeff's varying perspective helped, as it meshed a lot more with mine). Hopefully it dies out a bit after this, though.

Yeah, it is sort of weird that Jason got cut off by the damn host leading straight into Destiny Hour.

That was pretty lame, yah.

Because the game is absolutely boring and the only thing more boring than actually playing the game is hearing the same exact conversation every week about how boring it is.

You do understand that this is subjective? Not a fact?

I too wish that entertainment media would depict every woman as sexually as possible. Having Thelma & Louise, Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor have curvy figures with little to no clothing would make those films much better. Anna Karenina would be even better if we got a description of her as having big round breasts and a nice bum!

It's fine to want sexy characters, but again it's weird to have it universally.

I get that, but nobody forces you to play Destiny this way. I do not grind or go on raids, and have a lot of fun with the PVP aspect of it. There isn't that much content, but it is very fun to play and challenging. Anyway! Uhh

KissVibes

Banned
I dunno how Brad can think RAGE looks better than The Evil Within unless he's REALLY knocking The Evil Within for it's framerate issues.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Or the souls series!
right-on-the-nose.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are you guys just shit talking destiny because you played it and disliked it? Or because Jeff? Seriously odd reading its quality or lack thereof become some sort of meme here. Why is it weird that brad enjoys it? Lots of people are enjoying it.. This comes off as mass trolling to me. Sorry I'm drunkish.

They've done about 20 hours of Destiny coverage on the site, and it's all redundant after any 15 minute chunk.

JayEH

I couldn't help but laugh during the Unity dev section. The part about him taking minor shots at Shadow of Mordor and how their lighting was better than Infamous was just funny to me. I believe what he says about the resolution but it was just funny him basically sending an ad for the game in the email as well.

REV 09

My goodness this Borderlands talk is a snoozefest... seems to be dragging on forever.
Jeff didn't play much at all. I got an upgraded Oz tank 1 hour in. Even if your tank depletes, your health barely ticks down...so I don't see anyone ever dying from lack of oxygen. It's mainly there to think about as a trade-off when using the glide jump or ground slam.

I couldn't help but laugh during the Unity dev section. The part about him taking minor shots at Shadow of Mordor and how their lighting was better than Infamous was just funny to me. I believe what he says about the resolution but it was just funny him basically sending an ad for the game in the email as well.

I think he was full of crap. The idea that Microsoft's SDK updates have given back so much GPU and CPU time that there is only a very small performance differential now is patently false.

Myggen

....that doesn't make a difference. He's saying they keep spending an hour talking about Destiny when they can talk about something else.

It was 25 minutes I think ;)

And man, all this Destiny talk since the game came out has really lessened my excitement for the GOTY podcasts. I've played about 80 hours of the game and I've gotten to the point where I'm just completely sick of seeing and hearing about it. I feel like it's literally gonna be only Jeff and Brad arguing hours upon hours about this game in every category the game sees fit and that super bums me out.
I would actually be in favor of that.

I highly doubt it. The only categories it really fits is the Most Dissapointing one and GOTY. From how Brad speaks about the game he isn't fighting for the game to get high on the GOTY list, or on the list at all. He even gave up on getting Dota 2 very high on the list last year! He's not unreasonable when literally no one else liked the game, and he sees the flaws himself. Most dissapointed might be more of a fight.

Blablurn

That was a good podcast once again. I love how rational Jeff is. Regarding those Twitch chats or the whole Gamersgate thing, I also don't understand why people just keep on being so negative or annoying on the web. What's the fucking point :(

It ended up being better than last week's subpar podcast, though I still wish it wasn't just the Jeff&Bradcast. That 4th seat is cursed, whoever sits in it in Drew's place is doomed to be excluded from talking.

Ill have this podcast on the backburner until later in the week.

Someone want to give me the deets of the AC Unity resolution anonymous Ubi email. Sounds dumb.

Myggen

It ended up being better than last week's subpar podcast, though I still wish it wasn't just the Jeff&Bradcast. That 4th seat is cursed, whoever sits in it in Drew's place is doomed to be excluded from talking.

I think it has a lot to do with who's in that fourth chair. Jason is obviously not used to being on the Bombcast, so he gets drowned out. But when someone like Drake, Danny or Lang is on, they're very much part of almost every conversation. I imagine that if Jason is on semi-regularly he'll talk more.

megalowho

Art Official Age is a pretty solid Prince album that sounds a bit like his pre-Revolution days in places. Best he's put out in a while. The other one with the rock band is a lot more skippable and some of the lyrics are corny as hell, haven't listend as much but not really a fan.

Good show but I wish Brad gave Jason and Dan the floor a bit more, felt like they got shut out of a few conversations. It's more entertaining when more folks have a say on a topic.

Nah, because I don't think anyone but Dan will play it this year.

I mean everyone was pretty high on the original Bayonetta when that came out, so i'd be surprised to see it get completely shut out. The delay of a lot of stuff out of the 4th quarter should give some time for catch up as well.

ArjanN

The Destiny talk was at least relevant this time because of the raid.

I mean everyone was pretty high on the original Bayonetta when that came out, so i'd be surprised to see it get completely shut out. The delay of a lot of stuff out of the 4th quarter should give some time for catch up as well.

I'm guessing most of them will only beat a couple more games before they have to start working on the GOTY stuff already.

LiK

Even if Bayo 2 doesn't get the overall GOTY, I'm gonna totally think it'll be in Dan's personal GOTY list and that's pretty good too.

I bet Destiny is top 5 come GOTY time. Right alongside Bayonetta 2, Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein and some other random 5th (South Park? Forza Horizon 2? Divinity? Smash Wii U?)

I bet Destiny is top 5 come GOTY time. Right alongside Bayonetta 2, Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein and some other random 5th (South Park? Forza Horizon 2? Divinity? Smash Wii U?)

Jeff would have a coronary. Probably Dan too from his tone when talking about this game.

KarmaCow

What have Vinny, Patrick, and Alex thought about Destiny? I don't know if there is anyone who cares besides Brad, much less willing to fight for it against Jeff.

LiK

I think depending on the expansion pass, Brad might try to argue for Destiny or accept its DESTINY.

What have Vinny, Patrick and Alex thought about Destiny? I don't know if there is anyone who cares besides Brad, much less willing to fight for it against Jeff.

I don't know what they thought about Destiny, but I do recall how neutered Alex was in last year's GOTY discussion. Not being in the room to present their case doesn't do them any favors.

Fox318

Nobody else feels the same way Brad does about Destiny.

Hell even when Brad defends it he talks about it like its a life threatening addiction he can't stop.

Nobody else feels the same way Brad does about Destiny.

Hell even when Brad defends it he talks about it like its a life threatening addiction he can't stop.

Who cares what everyone else thinks, when one guy has Brad's filibustering ability? I really look forward to seeing how Dan changes the dynamic.

Trevelyon

Did I hear Brad right? VoG chest/boss drops no longer are once off weekly things. So, we can hit them up whenever, forever, amen?

Nibel

Brad, in TEW you can burn enemies on the ground with the torch if you aim and hit them.

Also, you just need to burn enemies that you didn't kill with a critica shot. If they die and drop items, they are dead for good.

Top Bottom