• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League 2012 - GSL Season 3 Finals Thread - Lasers Woo Hoo!

Quadratic

Tastosis is avoiding taking about the size of the crowd. They always mention how packed wherever they are. Maybe GSTL will be more packed tomorrow.

Sliver

Haha they lowered the camera as to not show the crowd.

I'm so fucking hyped for the GSTL finals tomorrow, though. Go Leenock.

Jokab

Tastosis is avoiding taking about the size of the crowd. They always mention how packed wherever they are. Maybe GSTL will be more packed tomorrow.

Mr. Chae said that more people will show up later when it gets darker, it's still "kind of" early.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BO win, lets go next game.

3lXXP.jpg

Zen

Banned
Mr. Chae said that more people will show up later when it gets darker, it's still "kind of" early.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who are attending the event are still walking around. It looks about half full right now.

Striek

BO win, lets go next game.
Not so sure.

Going to try and figure through that game. First I'm going to assume that MC knew that gas was a fake - it was waaaay too late (especially since Seed knew MC took his early and MC knew Seed knew) and made after the probe entered the base (seconds before the probe saw it) and MC saw probe counts, chrono etc. I guessed as an observer the moment the probe went to make that gas it was going to be cancelled, MC had pretty much the same information. One gas is 4 gate or expand, always.

Second, MC went for a quick robo bay, I'm going to assume for an immortal drop. This opening deals with both four gate and quick expansion pretty well.

Third, Seed sniping the pylon and supply blocking MC was a huge deal.

Lastly I feel that if MC immediately takes his two sentries, two zealots, immortal and a bunch of probes he can hold the first warpin probably and be in ok shape. His reaction was too slow/indecisive.

So basically PvP.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not so sure.

Going to try and figure through that game. First I'm going to assume that MC knew that gas was a fake - it was waaaay too late (especially since Seed knew MC took his early and MC knew Seed knew) and made after the probe entered the base (seconds before the probe saw it) and MC saw probe counts, chrono etc. I guessed as an observer the moment the probe went to make that gas it was going to be cancelled, MC had pretty much the same information. One gas is 4 gate or expand, always.

Second, MC went for a quick robo bay, I'm going to assume for an immortal drop. This opening deals with both four gate and quick expansion pretty well.

Third, Seed sniping the pylon and supply blocking MC was a huge deal.

Lastly I feel that if MC immediately takes his two sentries, two zealots, immortal and a bunch of probes he can hold the first warpin probably and be in ok shape. His reaction was too slow/indecisive.

So basically PvP.
That's fair. The way he played it out made it look that way.

The pylon falling was brutal as you said the slow probe reaction. If he trapped Seed's units with FF (So they couldn't attack anything) he couldn't have warped and picked up at the same time, then could have surrounded and gotten his immortal count to 2.

Been a while since I did pick at builds.

30 minutes until I have to leave :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Work finished + computer problems solved :D Did I make it before the games?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game number 2 is being played now.
Excellent! Thank you!

edit: Hazaro, I've formatted my comnputer... can you give me the GOM-settings to make it look better?

Zen

Banned
Jeez, I wonder if we'll see another slight variation on the all in in game 3 :x

Man, MC is dripping sweat in the booth (literally)

Yoshichan

Zen

Banned
This is the worst GSL finals since the last time we had a PvP finals ever.

Serious question, is this really the worst finals ever thus far? Let's assume that game 4 goes very much the same way.

Top Bottom