• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II League (GSL) November 2011 - Code S In Flux! Fancy New Format!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Code S ezpz
2t0cU.jpg

Zzoram

And ForGG makes it to Code S his first try 2-0 TvP, 2-0 TvT, 2-0 TvZ.

I don't see him losing to anyone but MVP in Code S either.

Zzoram

I can't wait to find out what the groups for Code S will be in January. I suspect that nobody will be picking ForGG early for their group.

Also, apparently in January GSL they're making group stage into Bo3s instead of Bo1s so better players have a chance to recover from something cheesy.

Aaron

If I'm remembering his rise in Broodwar correctly, it was pretty much the same way. He just laid waste to everyone in his path to victory, and then fell off when people figured him out.

Zzoram

Apparently both games he started a CC at 7 minutes, so these were pressure expand builds, not one-base true timing pushes.

Zzoram

Ganzi didn't deserve to win that game... but that is the power of terran! Winning games you don't deserve!

Naw, Lucky failed harder by not noticing the barracks being built just outside the vision of his natural hatchery. If Lucky scouted at all, he would've saw it.

Q8D3vil

Ganzi didn't deserve to win that game... but that is the power of terran! Winning games you don't deserve!
he deserve to win but only because lucky played worse than him.

Naw, Lucky failed harder by not noticing the barracks being built just outside the vision of his natural hatchery. If Lucky scouted at all, he would've saw it.
and he forgot to press the esc button to cancel the hatchery

Zzoram

Who are these boss newcomers!?

Fin (fOrGG) is the best in-shape Broodwar player to switch yet, better than MVP in terms of Broodwar skill. fOrGG won an MSL in 2008 and was ranked by KeSPA as the 16th best current Broodwar player in December 2010, just before he retired.

MVP was ranked 39th and fOrGG ranked 22nd in June 2010, and Nada was ranked 75th in July 2010 to put their Broodwar skills 1.5 years ago into perspective.

jersoc

this is the least exciting game in quite some time.

hopefully DRG and taega deliver. i thought nestea and asd would be a lot closer and exciting too. meh night so far.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I did think that tonight would be a bumper night of games, so far it has been a pretty one sided night and some sloppy games (Lucky/Ganzi Series).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Btw, it looked like forgg was manually targeting each volley from his hellions in the second game there. Don't think I've seen any other pros do that consistently.

Zzoram

fOrGG's marine micro was also better than standard stutter step, he was repositioning individual marines in the middle of it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Taeja's solid. Lots of manual targeting with siege tanks and marines vs banes, always good to see.

fOrGG's marine micro was also better than standard stutter step, he was repositioning individual marines in the middle of it.

Yep, that was super impressive, doing it in between stutter cycles. That's probably the most technical unit control we've seen thus far. MVP and MMA have their sick moments obviously, but forgg seems to be using everything to the utmost even when it's not absolutely critical that he does.

Zzoram

Damn Artosis teasing more BW pros playing SC2. I want them in the GSL now and raise the level of play.

I want to know how the big name BW players are doing in SC2 ladder during their two hours of free time not spent training for BW every day.

jersoc

ok, the pillows on the couch i get. cause my mom did that shit too and it was annoying as hell.

but seriously, more pillows for your bed? look man, at most you need 2 pairs(maybe tasteless needs 3) but anymore and you're just throwing them off. LIKE YOU DID THE COUCH!

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I feel that Taeja is a better player overall compared to Ganzi, at least in TvZ even though he lost that series against DRG.

I feel that Taeja is a better player overall compared to Ganzi, at least in TvZ even though he lost that series against DRG.

Yea I think that is fairly non-controversial. The only thing that Ganzi ever really had going for him was some great TvT

And DRG has some of, if not the, best ZvT in the world, no shame in losing to The Final Boss

they cast tomorrow wooo

what's this wcg i keep seeing about?

I'm not particularly looking forward to it but it does decide the final player for the blizzard cup. At the moment i think there is a pretty high chance that MVP will get another spot lol. It would be awesome to see him and MKP in the final again (looking at the field of players i don't think that result is all that unlikely).

Top Bottom