• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go! Go! Kokopolo (DSiWare) |OT| of Indie, Sprite-based, Hyperactive Awesomeness!!!

I hope it wins! :D

If there was a voting option (didn't see one :( ), I'd vote for it, even though I didn't play it yet. :(

Edit: Oh, and about the OP, I'd love to rehost everything, but I'm not in the best position to, probably in a day or so. :(

Did tinypic get banned? WTF? Could've sworn I uploaded there.

zigg

Best DSi/3DSWare Game

-3D Classics: Excitebike
-Go! Go! Kokopolo
-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
- Mighty Milky Way
-Pushmo

If there's justice, you'll do well. Excitebike is pretty but didn't age well, Four Swords took a great game and shitted it up with an awful single-player option and add-on levels that were markedly lower in quality than the originals, MMM is a neat concept and fun but just gets stupid in the later back half. Pushmo is the only real competition here.

(who am I kidding there's no justice in videogames)

tolkir

I should probably also mention that there is a
secret ending
in the game too...but it is so well hidden that I doubt anyone will ever find it!

I have seen two endings, normal ending and expert ending.

Is there other ending? I hope that don't be to complete time trials. :|

Edit: Congratulations for the nomination.

So I got this game recently, after reading the positive impressions.

It's a pretty good game. I like the art style and the main character. The animations are slick as well. The gameplay is tough but rewarding, though sometimes it can get frustrating. I think it would have benefitted from a more zoomed out view or a tad lower speed on the "normal" setting. Also I wish there were more powerups.

Overall, it is an addictive game with a lot of content, and seasoned gamers will find a lot to like here. I recommend it.

Celine

DSi/3DSWARE game of 2011 in the IGN awards-
Ctrl-f + "Ghost Trick"
eh IGN...

If there's justice, you'll do well. Excitebike is pretty but didn't age well, Four Swords took a great game and shitted it up with an awful single-player option and add-on levels that were markedly lower in quality than the originals, MMM is a neat concept and fun but just gets stupid in the later back half. Pushmo is the only real competition here.

(who am I kidding there's no justice in videogames)
Agrre, Pushmo is the more likely winner.

I have seen two endings, normal ending and expert ending.

Is there other ending? I hope that don't be to complete time trials. :|

Edit: Congratulations for the nomination.

Yep, there is a third "secret" ending...

and it's nothing to do with the time trials, so don't worry! :)

It's more to do with "how" you play the game...if that makes any sense...

(i'm not sure how to word it correctly without spoiling it outright)

Shiggy

A few questions I have:

Do you consider an iOS/Android port?
Do you need to pay the ratings yourself?

I'd be a bit concerned with that and wonder whether a DSi-only release would generate enough money to break even.

I'd definitely buy this title but I don't have a DSi/3DS :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
A few questions I have:

Do you consider an iOS/Android port?
Do you need to pay the ratings yourself?

I'd be a bit concerned with that and wonder whether a DSi-only release would generate enough money to break even.

I'd definitely buy this title but I don't have a DSi/3DS :/
I sincerely doubt the game would be playable with touch controls. Or at least, not the same game (like Street Fighter on iOS is not actually a street fighter, even though it looks like one).

wrowa

While the game looks awesome (the sprite work is breathtaking), I wouldn't have even clicked on this thread if it weren't for that Nintendo shop sales thread :/

The name "Go! Go! Kakopolo" has this unappealing shovelware sound to it...

I sincerely doubt the game would be playable with touch controls. Or at least, not the same game (like Street Fighter on iOS is not actually a street fighter, even though it looks like one).

That's the problem that I'm currently trying to solve...DSiWare Kokopolo uses the R shoulder button quite a lot, as well as the A and B button and the D-Pad. That means the player sometimes needs to be able to hold 3 buttons at once.
With the Virtual Touchpad on an iOS device or an Android, this might be tricky as the virtual button placement would be chaotic!

I am looking into other ways to make sure the controls work on an iPhone (tilt controls etc) but once I've sorted that out we should be good to go.

I am actually in talks with one of the major games publishers (think Konami, Namco etc) to get an iPhone release, as maybe their name behind it would help in the promotion! :) But it's still early days!

This is one of my favorite games from last year, I'm sad to hear that it sold so poorly. I'll definitely double dip on it if it gets a Steam release (though scaring the ghost enemies by yelling "BOO!" at them won't be nearly as awesome on the PC)

Hello Everyone! :)

I need to sell 32 more copies by the end of March in order to reach a specific milestone!

I wonder if I could tempt anyone else to buy the game in order to help me reach this goal?

Thanks in advance everyone, and HAPPY SCRATCHINGS!!!!

I need to sell 32 more copies by the end of March in order to reach a specific milestone!

I wonder if I could tempt anyone else to buy the game in order to help me reach this goal?

Why does it have to be by the end of March? Does Nintendo still do that thing where they don't pay the developers if a game doesn't sell enough copies after a certain amount of time?

Why does it have to be by the end of March? Does Nintendo still do that thing where they don't pay the developers if a game doesn't sell enough copies after a certain amount of time?

Nah, it's nothing like that (thank god!) ...it's just really a personal goal that I set myself! :)

I have a feeling though Nintendo still has payment thresholds with WiiWare ....or at least they used to!

Nah, it's nothing like that (thank god!) ...it's just really a personal goal that I set myself! :)

I have a feeling though Nintendo still has payment thresholds with WiiWare ....or at least they used to!

Can you buy DSiWare games on 3DS with the 3DS card? I was planning on getting it and Dillion's Rolling Western. Money's tight, but I'll see if I can squeeze it in (no promises :(, my budget's pretty much fixed on Xenoblade).

I'll need to grab a DSi Points card, but I think I can do that and grab this, finally.

Now all I need to do is find another 1200 points of DSiWare to buy now that the eShop is in full swing.

Tyeforce

I'll need to grab a DSi Points card, but I think I can do that and grab this, finally.

Now all I need to do is find another 1200 points of DSiWare to buy now that the eShop is in full swing.
Aura-Aura Climber
Cave Story

Bam.

On the subject of Kokopolo...I really need to get around to finishing the game... ._. Along with a lot of other DSiWare games, lol.

zigg

On the subject of Kokopolo...I really need to get around to finishing the game... ._. Along with a lot of other DSiWare games, lol.
Yeah, DSiWare really got too good there for awhile. Another one I haven't played near enough of: Picdun.

(Good recommendations, btw.)

Huzzah!!! :)

Thanks everybody, I managed to reach it in time!!!!!!!! :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Bumping this thread to let people know that this game is being released on the JP store next week (May 30) by Arc System Works, so those of you with a JP 3DS/DSi can get in on the action, too.

Naeval

A) I have the wallpaper of 8-bits japanese games in all the computers I use.
B) The game looks very nice. Are you planning to release it on other systems? (I have 3Ds, so I'm not asking for my interest :D)

alright so i put some time into this game today and managed to beat the boss of World A!

Pretty fun so far but i wonder: How do you guys play this game? Do you try and ALWAYS get a chain of ALL enemies in each level before you make it to the plant or do you slowly get them to the plant one by one or perhaps two by two at a time?

I find that if i try to make a chain of em ALL it's EXTREMELY time consuming and i get frustrated easily... but isn't that how you're "supposed" to play this game? i feel like i am doing it wrong by taking on so few enemies at a time :(

Can you solve the NeoGaf / Kokopolo April Fools riddle (part F)?

USA = 30
USA = 4G
USA = TC

EUR = LC
EUR = TY
EUR = 2H

(Good luck ;) !)

Top Bottom