• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

Ridley327

To me ascension sounds like ascension to become a god, aka rise to become the god of war. But uh, that was GoW1. So who knows.

Maybe this is a remake of GoW1, lol.

They finally found a way to fix the blade towers AND charge fans $60 for it!

Gsak

Looks like the game will be telling the story of Kratos killing his family and forsaking Ares.

It makes sense being a prequel. They probably want to save God Of War IV (and therefore, a new trilogy) for the PS4.

I still am a little disappointed though. I expected a sequel.

AAK

I really wish they introduced another main character.

Kratos' uber emo constant rage mode is starting to wear it's welcome.

All of his dialogue will include him yelling...at something. With rage.

Playing GOW for the dialogue is like playing Devil May Cry for 3 to listen to the music.

You play GOW for the awesome boss fights, the grand adventure elements, and Sony Santa Monica showing off what it can do with 512 MB RAM.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, GoW3 seemed to try and make you feel bad for Kratos with Pandora...it just failed terribly.

It fails terribly in every game. The guy kills all of the innocent and the guilty alike in his reckless rampages. He is a colossal asshole, and one of the biggest selfish pricks in any video game. He has no regard for the consequences of his actions and is sympathetic to no one.

Every time he starts to cry about his family it's the most disingenuous bullshit. You cannot make this character sympathetic. He's a psychopath.

Look, I'm not saying they need to make Kratos a sunshine and lollipops kind of character. In fact, being a giant asshole selfish prick can be fun. But don't give me a reckless psychomatic murdering maniac and try to sell me that he's misunderstood or his actions are justifiable or something. That's stupid.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AHAUHAUHAUHAUHUAHAUA MR. YOSHIDA

inMTBmplc9Wwp.jpg

Maybe Ready at Dawn are at the helm and SSM are only helping out while they work on something more worth there time?

If it is from SSM maybe its time they start threatening sony to let them do something else or key staff will walk.

Seemed to work for Naughty Dog since they get to make the last of us.

I still say its some kind of semi sequel set after 3. Kratos is trapped in some messed up afterlife and is reliving his memories before his "ascension" to the after life.

After 3 main games and 2 side stories there really isnt any crazy untold story from Kratos's past. His brother's story was the only one and it got filled in with the last psp game.

AHAUHAUHAUHAUHUAHAUA MR. YOSHIDA

inMTBmplc9Wwp.jpg

I know the feel Mr Yashida....

jett

D-Member
Before the leak I thought this might be a GOW1 remake, but it seemed too crazy. It's only been seven years man. Why revisit that game again so soon?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It would be like if Nintendo decided to stop making Mario games with Mario in them. It just wouldn't work. Kratos is basically the Mario of Playstation.

It's not the same. Mario has no background to rely on anything different. God of War is basically a mythological game, and that's what attracts most people.

It's not the same. Mario has no background to rely on anything different. God of War is basically a mythological game, and that's what attracts most people.

Kratos is a big factor in GoW's popularity. You can look anywhere outside of this forum and he's ridiculously popular.

injurai

Banned
I almost feel bad for perpetuating the leak, they must work so hard to keep things tight lipped. It's always inevitable somehow leading up to E3.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Kratos is a big factor in GoW's popularity. You can look anywhere outside of this forum and he's ridiculously popular.

Agreed, which is why they're still focusing on him. I'm just saying it's not impossible to make a God of War game without Kratos. It's definitely not like Mario.

Darknight

It fails terribly in every game. The guy kills all of the innocent and the guilty alike in his reckless rampages. He is a colossal asshole, and one of the biggest selfish pricks in any video game. He has no regard for the consequences of his actions and is sympathetic to no one.

Every time he starts to cry about his family it's the most disingenuous bullshit. You cannot make this character sympathetic. He's a psychopath.

Look, I'm not saying they need to make Kratos a sunshine and lollipops kind of character. In fact, being a giant asshole selfish prick can be fun. But don't give me a reckless psychomatic murdering maniac and try to sell me that he's misunderstood or his actions are justifiable or something. That's stupid.

Skip the game? Not sure WHO is forcing you to play these games. Like someone posted, this franchise is like on crack with the crazy boss fights running at a smooth frame rate with 512mb or less AND be technically a beast.

Bring it Sony.

Derrick01

Banned
No SSM mention or logo is definitely worrying though. We need more info regarding this.

Yeah if it's ready at dawn or anyone but SSM then I'm definitely out. This has already done enough to make me not that interested but based on the PSP games I don't trust anyone else to make a god of war game that's any better than "ok".

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, a complete brute can certainly work, but Kratos is basically borderline retarded. Everything that happened to him after the first game as all of his fault in the first place, it goes beyond being a complete badass that doesn't give a fuck to him literally sabotaging himself and fucking up the entire world for no reason. It's just boring and having a prequel when they already elaborated on him enough just seems pointless.

Skip the game? Not sure WHO is forcing you to play these games. Like someone posted, this franchise is like on crack with the crazy boss fights running at a smooth frame rate with 512mb or less AND be technically a beast.

Bring it Sony.

Usually devlopers try and find ways to keep franchises fresh. Imagine sending off the PS3 with an amazing looking God of War game with a new character, still completely brutal and crazy, but in a new beautiful Norse world. But to continue the series, you need a PS4. It'd be smart from multiple angles to keep people interested. Similar to 1-2 leading into 3 but stopping on the PS2.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Bring it Sony.

When did I ever say the franchise was horrible or anything of the like?

I've played and enjoyed all five entries. But Kratos is a stupid, stupid character and he is terribly written.

Top Bottom