• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

B.O.O.M

haha just read a bit about serpents in Greek mythology over at wiki and...that snake like thing we saw could be just a part of the thigh of Typhon 0_o And apparently (first I'm hearing this too) Ophion was a snake that ruled the world (with another goddess) before the rise of the Titans

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I wasn't really impressed by the teaser. It lacks the spectacle which I associate with GOW3. But then again, the first showing of GOW3 weren't all that impressive either, and the final game blew my fucking brains out. I am hoping for the best.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So, as we get ready to close our multiplayer beta early next week, the time has come to focus on where Ascension and its story will take you this March.

ZaCH3000

Oh yeah, if the pacing in the E3 Demo is an indication of how the pacing in the final product is, then we should prepare ourselves for the best God of War yet. The multiplayer is going to be a breakthrough as well, I believe. My hype is at maximum.

Well, that trailer reminded me of how badass The Witcher 2 was, and how dated this game looks.

Alright, since this is in here. I'm going to have to say, GAF way overhypes the Witcher 2 visuals, it has some really nice looking effects, but overall I am not impressed by it at all visually... I don't get it. Utilizing every aspect of your computer to produce as much VISUALS as possible doesn't make it look "incredible"...

ZaCH3000

Alright, since this is in here. I'm going to have to say, GAF way overhypes the Witcher 2 visuals, it has some really nice looking effects, but overall I am not impressed by it at all visually... I don't get it. Utilizing every aspect of your computer to produce as much VISUALS as possible doesn't make it look "incredible"...

Kratos' character model is better than Geralt's.

Honestly, I don't care if you come from the PC or from the future, God of War: Ascension is impressive and naysayers be damned, they are just trolling or attention seeking.

Shayan

Banned
god

and i only thought UC 3 was the best we could get on consoles!!!

SONY abandoning Cell for next gen is a big blunder

Sn4ke_911

Cool that the singleplayer demo will be coming soon to more people in February. But hey, if anyone wants the singleplayer demo like, right now, PM me.

Just for anyone who thinks this is bullshit.

I'm downloading the SP demo right now!

Thanks again, Seventy_X_Seven.

High quality version of trailer posted at gamersyde.

http://gamersyde.com/news_kratos_teases_himself-13717_en.html
Just downloaded this to my PS3 to watch on my TV, so good.

about the sp demo:

-the water looks like crap >_>
-i'm gonna miss enemy grab + dash

Agreed, water could look better. Also enemy grab + dash is in the demo. When a white halo appears above an enemy use the tether and there you go. Not sure how you get the white halo to appear but it's happened a few times for me. EDIT: Figured out how to get the white halo, when you pick up a world weapon like the sword, throw it at the enemy with L1+Circle.

High quality version of trailer posted at gamersyde.

http://gamersyde.com/news_kratos_teases_himself-13717_en.html

apcfr2.gif

jett

D-Member
jesus christ o_O

---------------

about the sp demo:

-the water looks like crap >_>
-i'm gonna miss enemy grab + dash

You know what, I do miss crashing into enemies with the long range grab from GOW3, it was a pretty cool addition not the series but the entire genre, even DmC borrowed it. Too bad it's gone here. In the demo I feel you don't have too many options for moving around the battlefield.

also in the SP demo, the part where he pushes the civilian out of the way of an incoming spear, Kratos says "move! now!". i feel it would've been a much nicer touch to have Kratos not say anything at all at that moment, and just do the pushing.

That deep water scene looks awesome but the only way it's going to scare the crap out of me is if you're swimming with the charybdis nowhere in sight and stumble upon it.

Also the lack of Icarus wings really suck. Been spoiled with them for a game and a half, feels weird without them at my disposal. They were fun for both movement and combos. Just more reasons why a sequel would of been better than a prequel.

also in the SP demo, the part where he pushes the civilian out of the way of an incoming spear, Kratos says "move! now!". i feel it would've been a much nicer touch to have Kratos not say anything at all at that moment, and just do the pushing.

This isn't GOW3 Kratos (though of course, GOW3 Kratos would of just let him die). He hasn't lost everything he's ever cared about yet and thus isn't completely consumed by anger and rage. He still has some of his emotions in tact, they did the scene right in my opinion.

This isn't GOW3 Kratos (though of course, GOW3 Kratos would of just let him die). He hasn't lost everything he's ever cared about yet and thus isn't completely consumed by anger and rage. He still has some of his emotions in tact, they did the scene right in my opinion.

no i know all that, i'm saying he should still save the guy, but not say the 'move! now!' because its just redundant to his action.

ZaCH3000

This teaser should be the TV commercial they play. It's short, describes the story's premise, teases epic set pieces, and will look incredible at 1080p in the family living room.

Sony tries way too hard to sell the brand when their focus should be on selling the game. You don't want to be the Kevin Butler station Sony, you want to be the PlayStation, the station where you play games, quality games that look awesome and fun with a cool sounding story behind it.

Sn4ke_911

This teaser should be the TV commercial they play. It's short, describes the story's premise, teases epic set pieces, and will look incredible at 1080p in the family living room.

Sony tries way too hard to sell the brand when their focus should be on selling the game. You don't want to be the Kevin Butler station Sony, you want to be the PlayStation, the station where you play games, quality games that look awesome and fun with a cool sounding story behind it.

This IS actually the first TV commercial. Just_Tank confirmed it.

Yeah I get what you're saying, but in my opinion him actually speaking the words shows that he cares more, even if it is redundant.

i don't want him to care that much >_>

i think making him care too much would be a mistake, his character was never the nice guy type. he loved war and conquest. maybe the loss of his family makes him soft for a while, but i hope they don't go overboard.

------

i wonder if Athena makes an appearance this game. would be crazy (and make sense) to have a section where its you and her taking on another creature or boss. Like Kratos and Gaea taking on Poseidon.

Top Bottom