• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

i don't want him to care that much >_>

i think making him care too much would be a mistake, his character was never the nice guy type. he loved war and conquest. maybe the loss of his family makes him soft for a while, but i hope they don't go overboard.
Well what if those people were Spartans? Kratos was the leader of Sparta at one point, and even when he was hellbent in GOW2 he still showed the capacity to care when he met the last surviving Spartan. I'm not saying Kratos should be soft by any means, but definitely slightly less crazy than any other GOW game.

Well what if those people were Spartans? Kratos was the leader of Sparta at one point, and even when he was hellbent in GOW2 he still showed the capacity to care when he met the last surviving Spartan. I'm not saying Kratos should be soft by any means, but definitely slightly less crazy than any other GOW game.

yeah if it was spartans it would be acceptable.

Sid

untitled-1jzj3j.gif

Looks amazing.
Dayum!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's often maybe 2 or 3 (in GOW:3's case it was the first freakin level) levels into a God of War title that I get cozy with Kratos's character again and settle into his mind set of "I am rage beast. Hear me fuck your earhole with a 10 pound blade." and i love every second of it.

Even other games with anti hero or "bad boy" characters that star in some capacity as the protag of the game or part of the main characters team have the obligatory redemption scene where you learn that deep down they harbor real feelings and genuine sadness/regret/love/compassion for one thing or another that redeems them as a more human and kind character with a gruff and rough exterior through necessity.

Kratos aint having none of that shit. And that's why i love it. It gets so good in 3 because he's reached a certain pinnacle of his power and is just stomping his way through Olympus but at EVERY FUCKING POINT where he has to interact with the gods once again they underestimate his anger/dedication/strength and treat him once again like a lowly sub human demi-god who can just be swatted away and summarily ignored. Then he tears their legs off to get at their boots.
It's a fantastic show of the character that you can quite honestly call him a genuine "bad guy" if you look at the game from the perspective of almost ANY other major player. I don't know if i can really trust someone who has played a majority of the GOW games and went into 3 and came out the other side calling his character flat or boring or uninspired or predictable or whatever.
And it's not because their opinion has no merit... it's because at that point in the game - holding the dual shock in my hands with my jaw on the floor staring at my big screen I AM Kratos. I get fucking INTO these games.. i have time and thought invested in this character. And when it comes time to take off someones head so i can get my mits on an all natural lite brite... you can bet your ass I am fuckin AMPED when i pull it off with my bare hands.

GOW gets you angry and aggressive and psyched to murder gods. Just like Kratos. I love every second of it.

Day1 for surely.

Exactly! For me, God of War 3 was the release of years of frustration and rage on my part. I could not wait to finally get my hands on Zeus after all the shit that went down in God of War 2. I really wanted Kratos to knock that smug smirk off of Zeus' face. That final battle between Kratos and Zeus in GoW3 was just amazing catharsis for me. I didn't mind that GoW3 took place in just Olympus, because over the course of GoW1, 2, and Chains of Olympus (Ghost of Sparta released after GoW3, of course), I felt like I had already gone on this grand adventure, and it was all culminating to this one moment. Storming Olympus, and tearing it down piece by piece. LOVED IT.

So there's been some talk that this guy might be Janus, the Roman god of beginnings/transitions as well as the namesake for the month we are currently in. He would definitely be an appropriate god for Ascension however as mentioned, he's a Roman god and I don't think there is a Greek equivalent. Not that that really matters, God of War isn't trying to be mythologically accurate.

Endo Punk

It seems like the environments may be more diverse in this game. Im hoping for it to feel like an adventure similar to GOWII.

That's exactly what GOWA will be; an adventure like GOWII. Kratos is on a journey to break his bonds from Olympus while being pursued by the Furies.

RPGCrazied

Geeze, they weren't kidding when they said "teaser"! Kind of hard to build excitement off of that. I'd rather watch a CG trailer than this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SSM twitter

@SonySantaMonica when are we going to see new info being unleashed about GOW Ascension!??? #singleplayerormultiplayer

@XDani3l Zeus predicts lots of rain and lightning this week, a lot of it

Hype!

So there's been some talk that this guy might be Janus, the Roman god of beginnings/transitions as well as the namesake for the month we are currently in. He would definitely be an appropriate god for Ascension however as mentioned, he's a Roman god and I don't think there is a Greek equivalent. Not that that really matters, God of War isn't trying to be mythologically accurate.

Then again Janus had two faces on one head, not two heads on one body iirc. Nevertheless would be a good addition to the universe, especially with the theming of transitions/beginnings. He had relations with Juno/Hera so maybe they could tie something to that.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Good, because to be honest the trailers thus far have done a terrible job at hyping up this game.

They need a trailer like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMUbcBbIXIA

I actually think that trailer was too good. Most of the game wasn't as exciting as that trailer is. And goddamn if I wasn't looking forward to that wall run + grapple move.

I want any and all trailers to contain real, final gameplay footage.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I seriously am having withdrawals after playing that Total Recall demo like for the umpteenth time

Why is it so delicious!

My body has been Ready!, I just need, nay want it!

I got the CE coming to me

So HYPED!

Captain N

I'm kind of glad I've pretty much have only seen Multiplayer stuff. Can't wait to dive into the Single Player before getting into Multiplayer.

Top Bottom