• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of war: Ascension - SP TEASER

gadwn

Holy fuck @ Underwater boss/kraken. Will scare me to death lol.

Looks amazing though. CLEAN is a perfect word to describe the visuals.

B.O.O.M

I need to see more of the flying beast. Not sure if i like his design.

That´s not a character. That´s mother fucking Kratos :p

Well it's this guy

gowa-game-informer-cover.jpg

Looks badass to me. Like a cross over between a bat, lion and a dragon

I think all trailers should end with the main character saying "only on playstion"

omonimo

Banned
Holy shit....the story, gameplay, bosses. SSM did a fantastic teaser trailer with this. God damn man it looks AMAZING! 0_0

I absolutely loved how "only on playstation" bit was said by Kratos haha ....that should be the norm!

O_O Did you have seen all those things in this teaser?

Jawmuncher

It's a prequel so any excitement that stems from this goes back to meh. Same with GearsJ. Something about games being prequels just kills my interest or hype. Even with stuff I love like MGS or RE.

ohlawd

fucking hype and that was only like 10 seconds of actual gameplay.

imagine if it was like 100 seconds. my pants would be obliterated.

M.D

They said this game will be even more violent, right? it will be weird watching Kratos acting less insane, but doing crazier shit then he did in GOW3.

Keasar

Well, they will make the game look nice as usual at least. I just wonder if the combat has been improved at all or if its the same as the old games.

meta4

No one does scale better than SSM. I know the game is going to be awesome but the million dollar question now is can this top GOW3's opening. Is it even fathomable.

elbourreau

The pic is not showing up.

On a second thought, this looks great.

The thing with that kind of monster is that it nedds to be seen in motion... It can ruins everything or trancend it. Knowing how talented SSM animators are...........................

Damned! I'm wet...........

I don't believe there was any gameplay shown actually.

No difference between gameplay and cinematics. GoD of War, baby!... GOD of WAR!!!

Holy shit at gaming in the next few months.

Between:

God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
GTA V
The Last of US
Bioshock Infinite
and maybe Dead Space 3

My PS3 is going to get a fuckton of playtime.

Derrick01

Banned
Huh? Chains of Olympus and GOW3 were definitely shorter than 1.

Took me about 10 hours, personally.

If you don't get stuck on the puzzles you can finish 1 in about 6 or 7 hours. It's a very short game. Chains of Olympus is also really really short but I was mostly talking about the legit games of the series, the big console ones.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Holy shit at gaming in the next few months.

Between:

God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
GTA V
The Last of US
Bioshock Infinite
and maybe Dead Space 3

My PS3 is going to get a fuckton of playtime.

fuck, this and I need to save for ps4

my body is not ready

OSHAN

If you don't get stuck on the puzzles you can finish 1 in about 6 or 7 hours. It's a very short game. Chains of Olympus is also really really short but I was mostly talking about the legit games of the series, the big console ones.

Even less, really. There is a trophy for beating it in less than 5 hours. I remember my first time playing through it was around 7 hours, but it was my first GoW game as well.

Chains is short. Around 5-6 hours. 2 is easily the longest. I didn't find GoW3 to be all that short, but I only played through on Titan, so perhaps on Normal you can cruise through it no problem.

COO and GOS are as legit as GOW:A, and the rest. They are all cannon.

Vire

The thing that worries me about this game is that the bosses just won't have the same impact as GOW3.

Sure fighting a god damn Kraken is cool, but is it as cool as fighting the Gods themselves? Hades/Poseidon etc.

It's like, how do you top that?

Top Bottom