• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

The Praiseworthy said:
Playing trough Titan now to get my Platinum.... Hades battle is so annoying I just keep getting killed -_-"

Keep at it. That part isn't too bad.

However, the Hades Cerebus + Satyrs...

Nizz

The Praiseworthy said:
Playing trough Titan now to get my Platinum.... Hades battle is so annoying I just keep getting killed -_-"
And that's still kind of early. I wanted to throw my controller through the wall during the
giant Scorpion battle.

I never thought I'd be able to beat the game on Titan. But being patient was key for me beating it. I'm still proud, this is the only game so far I have a platinum for. :)

Marleyman

Banned
Ri'Orius said:
814155141_3dnYd-L.jpg

Spoiler alert :)

Hixx

Boombloxer said:

I didn't think they were too bad - the first time you meet the Satyr's in that small corridor gave me more trouble on Titan, I was actually raging! I died a couple of times on the cerebus + satyrs fight and then I thought I was going to be in for a real slog at that part but I think on my 5th try I got through it.

The only trophy I missed was the secret one where you had to get through a certain section without dying and I didn't have any saves just before it and I wasn't going through the game a third time just for a platinum trophy.

OSHAN

God of War 3 on Titan was awesome. I didn't find it completely bullshit hard, though I did say "BULLSHIT!" quite often.

It really made each encounter serious business.

AAK

Boombloxer said:

That in chaos mode was hard...

I was freiking pissed when I beat the game in chaos mode with no reward. No trophy/costume/fmv NOTHING! I will NEVER forget SSM!

Marleyman said:
I don't really understand where they can go with the story?
I mean, he killed every fucking god there was and even the Titans. Who else is there?
Not really
Aphrodite is still alive :p
I want to say that GOW3 was my most anticipated game of all time. I never anticipate games since i play very few games, and i am not hardcore gamer.

Never really played a GoW game, but the new MK kind of makes me want to start. Should I play the first two or will I be okay climbing directly in to this one?

Zen

Banned
Did they ever release the pre order challenge bonuses as DLC? I know they put up all of the games unlockable costumes as DLC.

OSHAN

_dementia said:
Never really played a GoW game, but the new MK kind of makes me want to start. Should I play the first two or will I be okay climbing directly in to this one?

You'll be okay climbing into this one, but the first two are great. I picked up the collection when it came out, even after having played the first two, and I was surprised by how well they held up. It's just fun to kill shit as Kratos.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_dementia said:
really??

wow, never would've guess this.

_dementia said:
GOW3 starts where the second ends. You should play them all. It is a great franchise.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
really??

wow, never would've guess this.
I played the demo for the first game several years ago, but I didn't find it too compelling in light of other character action games at the time.
I guess I'll start from the beginning if they aren't too long.

DONE!!

wow can't believe I killed that @%$&..... but now I'm more scared for the upcoming bosses ;_;

_dementia said:

If you climbed directly to this you won't understand a thing at all because it starts right after the ending of the 2nd one.... get the collection and this one and enjoy one of the most epic trilogies ever... you should be able to get all the three of them in a very good price now.

GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Cerberus
fight is driving me CRAZYYYYYY.... got all the other trophies and only few minutes till I beat the game on Titan mode and get the Platinum.... then THIS HAPPENED!!

WTF? it's soooooo annoying and feels like ST is hating me..... what a stupid battle like all the fights in the game wasn't enough they had to add this!!!!!!!!

protonion

The Praiseworthy said:
GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Cerberus
fight is driving me CRAZYYYYYY.... got all the other trophies and only few minutes till I beat the game on Titan mode and get the Platinum.... then THIS HAPPENED!!

WTF? it's soooooo annoying and feels like ST is hating me..... what a stupid battle like all the fights in the game wasn't enough they had to add this!!!!!!!!

Here's what I did. Blades at max level.

Part 1 Blades only,easy.
Part 2 Rage
Part 3 Army of Sparta. It will kill him. Finish the rest with the bow.

protonion said:
Here's what I did. Blades at max level.

Part 1 Blades only,easy.
Part 2 Rage
Part 3 Army of Sparta. It will kill him. Finish the rest with the bow.

I will keep trying to do so with other things I've seen in videos, can't wait till I'm done with Platinuming this game :mad:

AAK

The Praiseworthy said:
GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Cerberus

LOL, Titan mode. You haven't seen Chaos mode.

How I beat it in Chaos mode: Equip Nestus:

Keep dodging and stay on it's side. And then pummel it to death while dodging the stupid dogs as much as you can. When you destroy it's first head, the first Satyr comes.

Then: Equip blades of chaos and bow & arrow. Keep running and keep your distance away from the satyr by using both the arrows and the blades of chaos. When a dog comes running at you, grab it and kick it to the Cerebrus. Keep doing this CAREFULLY without getting hit until cerebrus gets stunned and you can rip off it's 2nd head.

Now the 2nd Satyr comes.

Equip Baldes of Chaos, and use Level 3 Army of Sparta sheild and arrow attack continuously while mashing O as much as you can so you can maximize the falling arrow damage on both the satyrs and cerebrus. If you really did hit the cerebrus with everything you had, he should get the prompt to finally kill him off.

And now for the Satyres, they should be pretty low in health but they can still be deadly. carefully beat one of them, and for the last one, just grab it to death. AFter that the rest of the game shouldn't be that hard, even Zeus once you get his attack patterns down.

Yes, I know that fight was annoying. On Chaos mode, 2 hits will always kill you. sometimes even one when the cerebrus smashes the ground with his paw. Still pissed I got nothing for beating!

The Praiseworthy said:
GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Cerberus

3 headed cerberus: Just keep your distance while firing the bow and kicking the expoding dogs back at the cerberus. Dodge if necessary and get in a few extra hits with the Blades if you can.
2 headed cerberus + satyr: Switch to your claws of hades and summon the gorgon serpent to petrify the satyr (the claws need to be upgraded to level 3) and quickly break him. Cut off another cerberus head with the same strategy you used in the first part.
Cerberus + 2 satyrs: If you've collected all the phoenix feathers I think you should be able to use the gorgon serpent twice more on the satyrs then you can just focus on the cerberus. If you don't have enough magic for a third gorgon you could just use up the rest of it on Army of Sparta and enter Rage mode to finish them off.

Got my 14th Platinum.... not a hard one and yet not an easy one, it was a great experience replaying the game on Titan mode.... god some boss fights and levels drove me NUTS!!

but in the end it was all worth it... 11 hours ans 45 minutes .

Kinyou

Recently finished the game on Chaos mode just to notice that there is no trophy for doing it.
lol, was still fun though.

Kinyou said:
Recently finished the game on Chaos mode just to notice that there is no trophy for doing it.

Ouch! That's why the first thing I always always do when I buy a new game is to check the Trophy list..... anyway how hard was it?

Kinyou said:
How did you defeat the cerberus with his two goat friends? I made it all the way up to there in chaos mode, and gave it up.

Dries

Gonna buy this one soon. I've played God of war 1 and 2 some time ago, but have completely forgot the story. Would it suffice if I just recap the story on wikipedia?

AAK

Dries said:
Gonna buy this one soon. I've played God of war 1 and 2 some time ago, but have completely forgot the story. Would it suffice if I just recap the story on wikipedia?

GOW3 Intro will refresh your memories. Besides, it's pretty self explanatory.

protonion

Dries said:
So I'm gonna start this one today. Will I miss any important patches, because PSN is still down?

There was a patch but most of us finished it before with no problems. What was that patch anyway?

Tailzo

^I was promted to download a patch for wipeout HD (I've had the demo unplayed for a long while) a few days ago when PSN was down. Weird, I know. But maybe it's the same with GoW3?

Chris_C

Game patching still works despite MP gaming and the Store being down (info is stored on separate servers, which is why you're logged off whenever a new patch needs to be downloaded.)

In short, you should be fine to download the patch.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I bought this a week back and finally got to play some now that PSN is down and Portal 2 and Motorstorm is unavailable online. First reaction: damn, this is some good looking shit. Awesome visual design. This is the same God of War as before, but somehow it feels like such a sequel, and I haven't even played for 3 hours yet. Something about it screams all style and no substance. Will know more later on, I guess.

Dries

So I started out on Titan mode (hard), but couldn't beat the first boss (the horse of posiedon at the beginning) so I switched it to normal and beat him in one try. Now I'm worried that the game will be too easy. What should I do?

Dries

Holy shit... Beautiful graphics are beautiful. Really up there with Uncharted 2. I've just entered Hades Palace after 3 hours. Accidentally, I read that that voice coming from those statues is actually
Pandora
. Is that a big spoiler? Hope not :-/

Epcott

Traded a friend for Castlevania LOS. It starts out epic, but I see myself trying to finish it just to get it out of the way. Some QTE and objectives just throw you in there with nary an explanation. I'm crawling around on
Cronos with no idea where to go. When I finally realize to climb his fingers, make my way to who knows where, and he finally swallows me. I really hate resorting to faq and walkthrough, but this climbing situation and stomach acid is driving me up the wall.

So my question is, does the ending make it all worth it? I've been told it's a downer. Or should I just pop this game out and not bother?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Dries said:
Holy shit... Beautiful graphics are beautiful. Really up there with Uncharted 2. I've just entered Hades Palace after 3 hours. Accidentally, I read that that voice coming from those statues is actually
Pandora
. Is that a big spoiler? Hope not :-/

My memory might be bad, but I don't think it's very long before she reveals her identity. Not much of a spoiler.

dramatis

Just finished this (on easy XD) today. (Still a terrible player...)

I think it's actually a rather strange game, but I suppose since it's the first GoW game I've finished maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the series.

The flight sections were absolutely groan-inducing. Not sure if I'll ever play the next God of War (or something), but I hope they remove the silly flying/falling parts.

Flavius

Playing through this for the first time now, and absolutely loving it. I wish the script was up to par with the beautiful visuals (delivery, for the most part, is solid), but overall, a really enjoyable experience.

Sony SM did a fantastic job with the pacing, too.

When will we see this engine again?

Tailzo

So I finished the game in almost one sitting. (I booted it up to check it out, let a pal try it a bit then turned it off. The next day I played through the whole game). It was very cinematic. I showed
the sex minigame to my wife, she thought it was funny, but really didn't like anything else about the game.

test_account

XP-39C²
I finished God of War 3 again myself some days ago. I was missing 2 trophies and though i could take the time to get them now that PSN is down. Got the platinum trophy now :D

Tailzo said:
So I finished the game in almost one sitting. (I booted it up to check it out, let a pal try it a bit then turned it off. The next day I played through the whole game). It was very cinematic. I showed
the sex minigame to my wife, she thought it was funny, but really didn't like anything else about the game.
Check out the same thing in Ghost of Sparta if you have a PSP (or on YouTube). That game has the best/funniest
sex minigame in my opinion hehe :)

Dries

Help me out, GAF. Is it better to spend all my orbs on one weapon or should I level all my weapons evenly? I always am terrible when it comes down to this shit.

Top Bottom