• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

evalue said:
great op. great job.

btw, why is Kratos skin white ?

You need to play the first GOW to know that. But if you want to know it right now :

It's the ashes from his wife and daughter he killed by mistake.

Simo

The official site now has a feature for anyone who hasn't played God of War I & II to catch up on the story called 'Path to Olympus'
http://www.godofwar.com/pathtoolympus/index.html

Artwork and videos including the CG cutscenes from the 2 games, it's a good refresher for those without the time to play or get the collection. Also did anybody happen to get the guide today? GameStop and Amazon have it as being released today but my GS had no idea about it.

Great job on the OP BTW! :D

EDIT: ^^LOL

Corran Horn said:
gow3.gif

or
gow32.gif

Should be midterm studying...lol damn GAF

Mine. Thanks a lot.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Some people have no manners.

Truespeed

Will the missing epilogue appear as free DLC? Stay tuned.

God Of War III senior producer Steve Caterson has revealed that the development team was forced to cut a planned epilogue section from the game.

Speaking to Gametrailers, Caterson said that the epilogue had to be dropped due to time constraints, but it could be made available "later" as downloadable content.

"The hardest cut was we had a whole epilogue at the end planned that we just didn't get done," he said.

nib95

Banned
Absolutely stunning OP. Beat the game last night, will post impressions shortly! For the record, it took me just under 12 and a half hours

nib95 said:
Absolutely stunning OP. Beat the game last night, will post impressions shortly! For the record, it took me just under 12 and a half hours
what difficulty? i play different so add 4 more hours to that :lol.

To refresh story, I'm watching GoW/GoW II cutscenes. Hearing trademark epic GoW music, gave me chill. It's one of the best part of the game.

This will be awesome.

WilyRook

Corran Horn said:
Some random avatars I made
butlergow.gif

If I may...

So I have enough for either GoW3 or FF13 and I decided on GoW (...forgot about that Gamestop trade promotion that's still in effect). I have so many jrpgs on backlog I can go to if I need to scratch that itch. And now that I've put this in writing, I shan't go back on my word.

diddlyD

Banned
pre-ordered, but i'm cheap and chose slow shipping so i probably won't have it till the 22nd or so.

with this and ff13 out this month, it finally feels to me like this generation is underway for some silly reason.

Althoran

Nice OP. I am really looking forward to this game. Too bad I will be on holiday from next week till the beginning of April.
But when I get back this game will be waiting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just watched the Kevin Butler ad over at the PS Blog. "Regional Manager of War". :lol

Awesome OP, btw. So pumped!

dragonflys545 said:
Oh, I thought you meant there were no parents in NYC.
-rolleyes

Obviously you mean Stores, and by "What the hell are you talking about?", I was wondering what made you think such a thing - that there aren't any M&P stores out here. They can be found anywhere. Not every store is part of a major chain, ya know. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Revolutionary said:
Oh, I thought you meant there were no parents in NYC.
-rolleyes

Obviously you mean Stores, and by "What the hell are you talking about?", I was wondering what made you think such a thing - that there aren't any M&P stores out here. They can be found anywhere. Not every store is part of a major chain, ya know. :lol

The average person wouldn't know that. The average person just goes to the easiest to find store with the biggest sign, which is never the mom & pop shop.

nib95

Banned
Well, it certainly is interesting to read some of the reviews now that that I've completed the game myself. I will eventually post impressions up, but I feel I might need to go in a second play through before making a fair assessment, since I did basically slam through the entire thing in two days, which is not exactly fair lol.

There are good and bad points to the game. Thankfully the good are not so much good, as instead, mind bogglingly spectacular. The game often has you doing things you only ever imagined gaming would have you do. The scale is simply unprecedented.

With that said, there are still some lull periods, and the third act of the game does leave you wanting more. Throwing away the build ups to insane boss battles for more puzzle segments and controlled fight arena's. Which, compared to the rest of the game can feel a bit slow and lethargic. But the funny thing is, even GOW3's less compelling moments have you fighting hordes of enemies atop insanely sized platforms, fighting off a gigantic scorpion etc.

I'm honestly feeling so damn lazy I'm not even sure I can be bothered to do a long write up lol. I might just instead record the damn review (podcast style) and you guys can hear it instead.

I'm playing through Chains of Olympus now and holy fuck it's so uncomfortable to play with the PSP. My hands keep cramping up.

That game also made me realize how much I was under utilizing Kratos' various combos. The game got extra fun for me and after playing through the GOWIII demo, I'm salivating.

After CoO, I got GOW Collection to go through. I'm scared I might get burnt out but I don't think I can afford GOW3 day 1 anyways :(

thetrin

I have GoW1 and 2 on PS2 already. Does the collection offer anything extra besides crisper visuals? Any extra commentary dvds, or behind the scenes stuff?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
nib95 said:
Well, it certainly is interesting to read some of the reviews now that that I've completed the game myself. I will eventually post impressions up, but I feel I might need to go in a second play through before making a fair assessment, since I did basically slam through the entire thing in two days, which is not exactly fair lol.

There are good and bad points to the game. Thankfully the good are not so much good, as instead, mind bogglingly spectacular. The game often has you doing things you only ever imagined gaming would have you do. The scale is simply unprecedented.

With that said, there are still some lull periods, and the third act of the game does leave you wanting more. Throwing away the build ups to insane boss battles for more puzzle segments and controlled fight arena's. Which, compared to the rest of the game can feel a bit slow and lethargic. But the funny thing is, even GOW3's less compelling moments have you fighting hordes of enemies atop insanely sized platforms, fighting off a gigantic scorpion etc.

I'm honestly feeling so damn lazy I'm not even sure I can be bothered to do a long write up lol. I might just instead record the damn review (podcast style) and you guys can hear it instead.
so was it realy 7 hours long?

Top Bottom