• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Deadman said:
Id love for him to switch. If not for a gsl then for an mlg/other small event.
IdrA said:
zerg is fucking awful
clearly weakest, least reliable options early game. any viable pressure is nearly a complete allin, besides light roach aggression which is easily nullified. both t and p have lots of ways to put game ending pressure on z early and half of them arent even close to allin, and most are unscoutable and have different counters.

and the idea that z is somehow the strongest late game race is fuckin absurd. hive units are nearly useless and horribly cost inefficient unless broodlords catch them off guard. ya, you can insta remax if you're allowed to get a giant econ, but remaxing on lair units vs collosus or tank based armies hardly matters when you can trade 200/200 for a tenth of their army.

if z guesses, and guessing is required if t and p dont show a ridiculously early expansion, correctly and hits drone timings perfectly then they have a mid game advantage, but its not an advantage that can be used very well. its very easy for t or p to make themselves unkillable and head for that invincible late game army. z gets to use their unit advantage to tech towards hive, which can be nullified, or to expand a bunch so they can throw away a few extra 200/200 armies before getting rolled.

zerg is failing massively in just about every statistic besides gsl first places. the race is fucking awful. i honestly have no idea how so many people dont acknowledge it yet. zergs performance in the foreign scene is very nearly non existent. i think morrow has won one viking cup and otherwise 0 z wins since i won mlg dc. and a pitiful number of titles before that.

Also only 47 of the top 200 Koreans are Zerg, and check the number of Terrans in the top 10-20 :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was really worried for MVP, but it looked like he put his faith in his economy and ability to scan (and snipe obs) with his vikings and ghost cloak for EMP.

Protoss with Collosi, storm, and a good spread is scary.

Whew.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zerg is OP is they guess correctly and play really well and the opponent never puts pressure on them.

Woah.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I was hoping that Pippi would win this game just so that we see some different players.

I like MVP but he is just a machine lately.

Deadman

In 33 minutes the semi finals of the kapersky event will be on.

* oGsMC v Liquid`Ret
* oGsTop v oGsZenio

Hopefully the tournaments will sync up and both can be watched one after the other.

Deadman said:
In 33 minutes the semi finals of the kapersky event will be on.

* oGsMC v Liquid`Ret
* oGsTop v oGsZenio

Hopefully the tournaments will sync up and both can be watched one after the other.
Fuck !!

So much Starcraft its starting to crash with each other !!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Goddam Losira.
Doing everything I fear as a Terran vs Zerg (Minus infestor). Backstabs everywhere. Nicely handled by MVP.

bbyybb

Great game to watch.

Lots of aggression from Los, shame about those banes. Kept losing too many Muta's as well.

Zerg is insanely hard in the late game against Terran, at least for me, but I think it has less to do with Zerg needing a buff but more to do with exploiting the Zerg arsenal more thoroughly. I mean, for fucks sake, if we play our cards right, we have vision of the ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD.

Now, I know IdrA probably play a whole lot more and on a far higher level than me, but so far I don't think I've lost due to (the lack of) balancing.

msv

Ehh, it won't start up the stream. Is it over already? If not, can someone check the link to paste in the gomplayer?

edit: nvm, tried Opera instead of Chrome and it worked

bbyybb

Pooh played a good game there.

I like the conspiracy theory from Hazaro. We have seen players make mistakes before.

MVP is a badass but that Protoss was really good too. Except that he didn't feedback the Medivacs and didn't build cannons in his main to defend the drops. MVP did make some ghosts in the lategame, when he saw the HTs but it wasn't enough.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
bbyybb said:
That was a quick second game for MVP.

Edit:

Zenio also just crushed Top.
I thought the transition and follow up was really nice. Just over produced on the marauders... a tad.

bbyybb

Kaspersky New Year's StarCraft II Invitational

Recommend that you watch the second Zenio vs Top game.

Zenio takes game two against Top.

wow that was bad all around

let the mutas kill all of your tanks while your marines stand there then lose all your mutas and THEN unsiege at the worst possible time :lol

I miss MVP's play style already.

I believe you should use whatever is effective in a competitive environment and you'd be stupid not to, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching it for the 832th time.

TheThunder said:
I miss MVP's play style already.

I believe you should use whatever is effective in a competitive environment and you'd be stupid not to, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching it for the 832th time.
Yeah.. Bunker rush into cloaked banshee into mass Marine/Tank is not very entertaining, especially when not executed very well.

MC vs Ret! And Ret disconnects. Great D:

Top Bottom