• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GomTV Starcraft II (GSL) Tournament - Season 3 - Thread of white people in Korea

Mairu

Hazaro said:
Now all they need to do is double the ads to make it free, and make the HQ stream HD!
This.

Haven't decided whether I'm going to buy HQ again for this year. If they improve the quality of the HQ stream, maybe, but it was OK in 2010 as they kept improving the quality with each season, I'm just worried that what we got is all we're going to get. All these extra leagues in 2010 that had no English casting also kind of soured me :(

Maybe if they had a special year-long GSL pass that gave a discount instead of paying each month I'd consider it.

Deadman

Gisado is doing another tournament similar to the one last week. The winners of each season got to choose the other 4, but i dont know whether they face other teams or each other. All i know so far is this:

teamliquid said:
season 1, on the 29th: (Z)FruitDealer, (P)Pippi, (Z)Losira, (P)Smart, (Z)RevivaL
season 2, on the 30th: (Z)ZergBong, (T)Maka, (T)MarineKing, (P)HongUn, (T)MVP
season 3, on the 31st: (P)MC, (P)InCa, (T)TOP, (Z)Leenock, (T)Jinro

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Deadman said:
Gisado is doing another tournament similar to the one last week. The winners of each season got to choose the other 4, but i dont know whether they face other teams or each other. All i know so far is this:
Why is Jinro so close to new years, goddamit :lol

The discount is nice but not gonna bite until they fix the streaming(and VODs) for people who don't live in the US. Payed for both Season 2&3 and couldn't use the HQ stream or even watch the vods without tons of lagging and pausing.

I just got an email about the sponsorship thingy. So it's $9.99 for the entire Season? Wasn't it more than that for each pre-season? How long is the season? I am very tempted by the price if it's going to get me a lot of content.

Mairu

No one watching the Kaspersky SC2 Invitational?

All the EU groupstage players got eliminated by the GSL invitees :lol

Ret's win today was pretty satisfying, too bad I was asleep for Zenio & MC's games

Trickster

What's up with fruitdealers choices for players? Only player I recognize is Losira, mainly for loosing to TLO I think it was.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'M BACK.

So glad to see GOM taking the complaints of their being no smaller tournaments all over the place to keep people busy (players and fans)

Need to wait for my new bank card to come in the mail to pay for season 1.. Which I won't get to watch as I'll be camping :lol :lol :lol

Hazaro you OK to make the thread? or does some one else want to, I would and don't mind taking over in s2 if it's too much, but as I shant be here I wont be able to update.

on the weekend maybe I'll whip up some things (just a nice format ) that can be used for each season.. as it's going to be as confusing as all hell

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
I need barney to teach me what im paying for here.

So Im paying to see Code S tournament and a Code A tournament?

This is indeed my understanding.

and the Up and Down matches (the games to get from Code A to Code S)

I do not know what will happen with the Code B to Code A games.

Vaporak

Some sort of Team battle with the season 1-3 champions as the team captains is starting up on GOM.

- Season 1 team : TSL_FruitDealer,PipiJung,IMLosirA,TSL_Pooh,TSL_Pretty
- Season 2 team : IMNestea,MakaPrime.WE,MarineKingPrime.WE,HongUnPrime.WE,IMMvp
- Season 3 team :, oGsMC,Liquid_Jinro,oGsInca,oGsTop,LeenockfOu

Team 1 vs Team 2 should be starting now.

Deadman

A large number of ravens ends up being almost invincible, especially with the upgrades hes getting. Interested to see this play out.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Well it is effective that is for sure. The first game was good to watch, the second not so much.

V_Arnold

Vaporak said:
Ugh, ZvT just looks so broken. :(

Thanks to Foxer, all Terrans have this sudden urge to finish the game on the early game phase. They had the same urge though when Reapers were broken also, but that disappeared. After a mule nerf (IF), they will find another way to try and finish games as soon as possible.

Deadman

Idra said:
im stuck with z for the time being cuz of gsl in january. ill probably stay with it regardless just cuz ive invested so much time in it and i would like the way the race plays a lot if it were stronger, but im playing a lot of protoss as well right now.

Id love for him to switch. If not for a gsl then for an mlg/other small event.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im happy everytime i see the 2rax allin, the more pervasive it gets accross all skill levels, the quicker the hammer will fall.

Top Bottom