• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

I noticed something about Season 3. It feels like the writers are quickly moving chips into place in case Season 4 (next season) ends up being the final season.

You have Bruce training. Nygma is now The Riddler. Kid Ivy is now Adult Ivy. Selina is beginning her transformation into Catwoman. Penguin and Ivy are building an army of freaks with Mr. Freeze and Firefly.

It feels like the show's writers are preparing for the end.

Hyun Sai

This episode could be resumed in one gif

896wXqT.gif

Goddamn Tabitha...

Almost getting funny how many time Lee has had a go at Jim. He's straight up not even acknowledging it now. How did Penguin get the freeze suit?

mm04

Almost getting funny how many time Lee has had a go at Jim. He's straight up not even acknowledging it now. How did Penguin get the freeze suit?

He's just tuning her out, like any good ex-boyfriend would do. Actually, I do like that Jim is more shady than Bullock now. Character development, baby.

Pachimari

I hope we're getting that proto-type Harley Quinn in Season 4, as they have been talking about.

Anyway, I'm glad it got renewed. Here's to catching up with the latest two episodes today.

And bring Harley in to it.
No please,
1. I really don't want a Harley older than Bruce, it would change Harley's dynamic too much.
2. If she is crazy before being a doctor it kind of ruins it

I would like to see
1. Lady Shiva
2. Gray Ghost(in any fashion)
3. Kate Kane, Bruce's cousin(Batwoman)
4. Montoya's niece(a better Montoya)
5. Barbara Gordon(the actual Barbara)
6. Deadshot
7. More Red Hood Gang
8. Bane
9. Black Mask
10. Hush(slowly develop)

This list is missing my actual #1 which has been announced for this season already...

Symphonia

Banned
No please,
1. I really don't want a Harley older than Bruce, it would change Harley's dynamic too much.
2. If she is crazy before being a doctor it kind of ruins it
They could introduce her in S04E01 and have her slowly transform from Harleen in to Harley as she begins to fall in love with Jerome/The Joker.

Phyranion

They could introduce her in S04E01 and have her slowly transform from Harleen in to Harley as she begins to fall in love with Jerome/The Joker.
I'd like that. Despite all her appearances in recent media, we've never seen her descent into madness described in detail.

Glad the show got another season, btw. I still think it's the best comic book show (although AoS has been really good this season).

Harley at this point should be at most early elementary school age.
She can be whatever age the writers want. This isn't the comicverse, or TASverse, or DCCU.

They should bring her to the show as someone to help with the psychiatric side of catching criminals, but borrow the "Slept her way through university" backstory so really she not qualified and faking it.

iosefe

even sleeping her way up would take time. she'd be at least 25 by the time she is licensed. and maybe gets the Arkham gig within a year or so.

coincidentally, the perfect age to start headlining a CW tv show

Zaverious

I'd like it if they expanded on the Tommy Elliot stuff from season 1 next season beyond him just being a bully to Bruce and they develop as friends.

She can be whatever age the writers want. This isn't the comicverse, or TASverse, or DCCU.

They should bring her to the show as someone to help with the psychiatric side of catching criminals, but borrow the "Slept her way through university" backstory so really she not qualified and faking it.

It really just loses too much of the character imo.
The best part of a good Harley is that weird young innocence she kinda has.

It really just loses to much of the character imo.
The best part of a good Harley is that weird young innocence she kinda has.
And the show can give us that.

We likely aren't gonna see these characters after 5 years from now so it doesn't matter how things might end up when Bruce is in his 30s, is why they can do whatever now, it doesn't need match a future image because we'll never see that image.

Penguin and Poison Ivy is the new best dynamic of this show. Loving their scenes so far. When he was being a prick to her when they first met that was hilarious

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 18 "Light the Wick"

Gordon discovers the weapon the Court of Owls will use to destroy Gotham, which leads him on a dangerous path as he tracks it down. Meanwhile, Kathryn (guest star Leslie Hendrix) and Temple Shaman (guest star Raymond J. Barry) reveal their next move to Bruce, and Ivy comes to Selina’s aid.
- Promo for this week's episode.

j-wood

I'm liking the season, but jesus the court of owls is fucking dumb to me.

I just cannot take it even remotely serious when they all sit around the table where those stupid masks.

Or another one of their assassins more likely? But Bruce obvious gonna take the training and use it for his own values.
I thought about that, but there's no reason to use Bruce Wayne. They already have Talon, as well as Hugo Strange's cadre of crazies from Indian Hill. And Jim Gordon—or so they think. They would all make more sense to use than Bruce.

I thought about that, but there's no reason to use Bruce Wayne. They already have Talon, as well as Hugo Strange's cadre of crazies from Indian Hill. And Jim Gordon—or so they think. They would all make more sense to use than Bruce.
They have A Talon. They'll need another one someday. As for "why Bruce," well, getting Wayne Enterprises firmly under their thumb again would be a nice upside. An indoctrinated Bruce does that for them too.

Because he is a Wayne and owns the company that can run Gotham.

They have A Talon. They'll need another one someday. As for "why Bruce," well, getting Wayne Enterprises firmly under their thumb again would be a nice upside. An indoctrinated Bruce does that for them too.
Because he is a Wayne and owns the company that can run Gotham.
I mean, I get that, but I don't see why they'd also want to train him to be a Talon-level (or better) assassin. The puppet/figurehead should never be given the power to take out its puppet masters.

Parch

I'm liking the season, but jesus the court of owls is fucking dumb to me.
I just cannot take it even remotely serious when they all sit around the table where those stupid masks.
Yeah, it's a bit too much focus on the mob scene like in season one. Owls the new tough guys in town. Not sure what Jim has planned, but I don't really care.

I much prefer the focus on the villains. I'm so glad they didn't really kill off Penguin and brought him back immediately. Now he's putting together a team for some bad guy antics. Seeing the Riddler emerge is great. Same for Catwoman. Joker and Scarecrow waiting in the wings. The interaction between these villains and Gotham should be a lot more interesting than boring Owls.

I mean, I get that, but I don't see why they'd also want to train him to be a Talon-level (or better) assassin. The puppet/figurehead should never be given the power to take out its puppet masters.

The Court is institutionally arrogant like that, honestly. It's gotten a lot of them killed in the comics.

____

I like this plot path for the most part but shit like Jim being a new member and being allowed to just waltz around the Court of Owls headquarters is kinda like :|

Unless I'm jumping the gun and they're watching him or have been manipulating him this whole time.

Tamanon

Banned
I like this plot path for the most part but shit like Jim being a new member and being allowed to just waltz around the Court of Owls headquarters is kinda like :|

Unless I'm jumping the gun and they're watching him or have been manipulating him this whole time.

I'm leaning towards manipulation. But he was pretty dumb leaving the drawer open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom