• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
I really can not say enough good things about this show.
FUCK I love it.

Robin Lord Taylor.
Not enough good things can be said about him. He is a fucking joy to watch work, I literally feel like I have to say thank you every week to the Gotham powers for finding this man.

Sean Pertwee . so amazing as Alfred. I can BELIEVE in him. I can believe that this guy sees Bruce through everything that comes.

Erin Richards....going to miss the hell out of her. Gorgeous, and a force of nature to behold.

Donal Logue..... everyone has their perfect role, this is his. He has come so far, believably so and we have been along for the ride. He is everyman in the best of ways.

Ben McKenzie ..so good. He shows the weight of the job, he relays that weight and sells it to us. Plus the mother fucker is with Morena Baccarin IRL.....how f''ing amazing did she look with that Lilly Munster thing going on?

The kids, David and Carmen...everyone else.
I just fucking love this show.
I WILL NOT start having thoughts about Selena and Tabitha....I won't....

Seriously though I love this show

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just so glad none of the Harley rumors were true. I never want to see a Harleen Quinzel on this show unless she's 5 years old and treated as a wink to the audience in some one off thing like the Graysons were.

Dunno how they're gonna revive Butch to be Grundy. Need some Professor Strange voodoo here I guess. Offing Fish and Babs though, pretty good, hope they stick with it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like this show kind of set itself up for a time skip.

Nothing major like 10 years, but maybe 3 or 4 years.
They can't really do that due to the actors for Bruce and Selena. They can't play 18-20 year olds yet as they're still really baby faced. Re-casting them would be a huge waste.

EDIT - Jeez, I didn't realize Camren was born in 1999. She just turned 18 in May, haha. David was born in 2001 and turned 16 in February. They both totally don't look their age.

Hex

Banned
What? No mention of the odd color scarf that Lee was wearing when she left?
The show loves red herrings

-Deimos

anigif_enhanced-22755-1412624347-6.gif

Scum

Really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show after some scepticism, but I haven't seen any of Season 3. I guess it's time to binge!

strafer

Neat finale.

Also the actor playing Bruce is growing up fast, he's going to be Batman by season 5 if he keeps growing.

How old is he suppose to be in the show?

Daemul

dhMeAzK.gif

Absolutely phenomenal finale!

It had a dodgy first season, but Gotham has transformed into by far the best Superhero show on TV. It's certainly better than that CW trash.

They actually said it's been three years since the death of Bruce's parents in today's episode. He was 12 when they died, so he's around 15 now.

What age did he become batman? It would be awesome if this show ran long enough that it continued into a live action Batman show.

Sir Doom

I doubt Barbara and Fish are dead. No one dies in the show. With the introduction of Lazarus Pit.
The finale went places. Bruce no hesitation stabbing Alfred. Gordon blood draining Mad Hatter.
The best Ra's casting I've seen so far. I wish Bruce joined Ra's for the finale so when the show returned. Bruce had some training

Yes yes I just need one thing.
- Strange
Perfect delivery

MUnited83

For you.
I doubt Barbara and Fish are dead. No one dies in the show. With the introduction of Lazarus Pit.
The finale went places. Bruce no hesitation stabbing Alfred. Gordon blood draining Mad Hatter.
The best Ra's casting I've seen so far. I wish Bruce joined Ra's for the finale so when the show returned. Bruce had some training

Yes yes I just need one thing.
- Strange
Perfect delivery
Barbara is totally alive, and I'd bet she becomes Harley.
Fish I think she might be dead for good this time.

mm04

I have to say again, I never thought this show would make it past the first season because I wasn't sure a show where James Gordon is the "lead" would be interesting enough. Well, the real leads are the villains and for the most part, they absolutely nailed the casting for them. It's so pulpy and written like a comic book, for once a comic book show truly embraces its roots and not try and make it high drama (or high school drama...), and I love it. People who didn't stick around are really missing out. A very strong season and a crazy action packed finale. Next season should be even crazier. What's Jim Gordon's body count? Haha he's a damn villain too, dressed up as a cop.

Cirion

Banned
So, I have only watched the first few episodes of this season, but did they really reveal that the League is behind the Court of Owls? Seems like a big mistake. The two groups are completely distinct and different in their goals and methods - the Court wants to control and own Gotham, the League are eco-terrorists that want to cleanse or destroy it. I see little reason to devolve the Court into mere stooges of the League.

It's also a bit of a shame that they can't really adapt Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory despite having a great, if still too young Bruce. Maroni is dead, Falcone is too old and they already dialed up the craziness in Gotham to prime-Batman levels. Penguin would fit right into that storyline.

CryptiK

This is where I saw the series actually ending. This needs a timeskip otherwise they will have to completely wash over the fact that Bruce is pretty much starting year 1 of Batman, but they'd need to replace the actors. I guess they could do flash backs to fill the gap and keep the actors on but I doubt it.

Sölf

Man, what a ride. Best season finale so far, all those bodies though, holy shit.

Man, I need S4 now. The wait is going to kill me.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What age did he become batman? It would be awesome if this show ran long enough that it continued into a live action Batman show.
I believe in Batman: Year One, he returns to Gotham at 24 after having spent 7 years traveling the world. In my head cannon Batman debuts when Bruce is 25, which also helps line up with a ton of other side character arcs and ages.

They could realistically continue the show through season 5 until Bruce is 18 and decides to leave Gotham to train for real. Their series finale stinger could be a flash forward of 7-8 years with him on the rooftop in the Batsuit about to stop a crime. I'd be totally ok with that.

mm04

I believe in Batman: Year One, he returns to Gotham at 24 after having spent 7 years traveling the world. In my head cannon Batman debuts when Bruce is 25, which also helps line up with a ton of other side character arcs and ages.

They could realistically continue the show through season 5 until Bruce is 18 and decides to leave Gotham to train for real. Their series finale stinger could be a flash forward of 7-8 years with him on the rooftop in the Batsuit about to stop a crime. I'd be totally ok with that.

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

So, I have only watched the first few episodes of this season, but did they really reveal that the League is behind the Court of Owls? Seems like a big mistake. The two groups are completely distinct and different in their goals and methods - the Court wants to control and own Gotham, the League are eco-terrorists that want to cleanse or destroy it. I see little reason to devolve the Court into mere stooges of the League.

The head of the Court was or became a follower of Ra's al Ghul.
We don't really know what the League wants at this point because Ra's was completely fine with
Bruce breaking the mind control the Court leader had him in.
And that the League showed up to get the cure from Strange.
We just know Ra's wants a true heir.

Trojan X

Banned

It's also a bit of a shame that they can't really adapt Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory despite having a great, if still too young Bruce. Maroni is dead, Falcone is too old and they already dialed up the craziness in Gotham to prime-Batman levels. Penguin would fit right into that storyline.

You don't know? The court will rise again. They were the bridge for the bats whenhe was young and the thorn in bat's side when he is older.

Trojan X

Banned
The head of the Court was or became a follower of Ra's al Ghul.
We don't really know what the League wants at this point because Ra's was completely fine with
Bruce breaking the mind control the Court leader had him in.
And that the League showed up to get the cure from Strange.
We just know Ra's wants a true heir.
Ra al ghul said that bruce is fulfilling the prophecy when bruce broke mind control, so it was from that moment ghul realised that wasn't the right tine to take bruce. Little does he know that when he take bruce (or rather bruce goes to him) later and train him, he won't be training ghul's future hier, he would be training the bats and unlike oliver queen, thr bats is truly beyond anything he imagined. Like damn, even the dc gods respect batman.

Pachimari

Watched the first half of the finale and it's solid. Finally Mooney is dead. And Jim with he virus is much more interesting. I wasn't shocked by the Alfred death as I had seen it a long time coming with the whole water of resurrection. And some of those ninja fights were bad. Hopefully my favorites in Riddler and Barbara survives this shit going down. Oh and Rha's looks cool enough, just hate how he pronounces his own name.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well...that was something. I watched Ep 20, 21, and 22 all together last night. Felt like there were a couple things going on here. The last few scenes seemed like something that would be written if they were unsure about their renewal prospects. Set every character on an acceptable enough path. The rest felt like they just exhausted all the storylines.

The Riddler vs Penguin thing went nowhere. Riddler's frozen because there isn't a good reason for Penguin to keep him alive but they don't want to commit to these characters killing each other. I thought during Penguin's speech at the docks that he was going to reveal that they haven't killed each other yet because that's how they know how to express their "love."

Also, not a big fan of clandestine organization #1 with ninja henchmen being traded off for clandestine organization #2 with ninja henchmen. That plus Lee having very little growth, and not even being able to choose to take the cure with Jim and leaving (again!) is just meh. I think Selina's character beats were the only ones I liked. The Tabs vs Babs fight was pretty dope though. And the Fish Mooney ex machina was very weird. Penguin didn't really need motivation to take over Gotham cause that's all he's done before, I'm not really sure why Fish saved him, and I don't think anyone would've cared if she just had never come back.

Pachimari

WHERE WAS HARLEY QUINN?

That was what I looked forward to the most. And now they captured my favorite character in Riddler and killed Barbara!? I did NOT like this development.

Bruce's evolvement is interesting though but I have no idea where they're gonna take these characters next. We got Selina Kyle obviously, and they could pit her up against Ivy the gang.

I wonder if we will get Harley Quinn next season then? Since the showrunners said in an interview earlier that we would get her in either end of Season 3 or Season 4.

Also Lee leaving again is bullshit, this shit again, are they serious?

That said, it was a great finale. I had just really hoped Barbara would turn out to be Harley Quinn.

PS: Who is Solomon Grundy? I think that skipped over my head completely?

Looking even further down the pike, Stephens said a “forerunner” to Harley Quinn could surface on the series at some point, though he seemed to rule out a Season 3 debut for the proto version of the villainess played by Margot Robbie in Suicide Squad.
So we might see Harley Quinn or a proto of her in Season 4. During the same event the producers teased protos of Killer Croc and Solomon Grundy for Season 3 which was what we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom