• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I don't think Harley Quinn will appear since it interferes with the DCEU.
No, but we will probably get a proto of her, like we did Killer Croc, Joker and Solomon Grudge next season. I mean that's what they've been hinting toward for a long ass time now.

Ithil

The season went in circles a lot, particularly in the second half, but it was a strong season finale, probably the best they've done. Interesting to see they're moving towards Batman proper, timeline wise.

I can't see the show going past 5 seasons, so now I'm expecting Bruce to suit up as Batman in the series finale after a couple of seasons of proto-Bat vigilante stories.

One issue is it's hard to tell if death has any meaning on the show or only matters for minor characters. Butch was killed and then turned out to not be dead before the end of the same episode, and it's gotten to the point that I don't buy that Barbara is dead even though she was blatantly shown to be dead. There's no longer any way to tell a fakeout death from a real one on the show, so deaths don't really have any impact.

____

The season went in circles a lot, particularly in the second half, but it was a strong season finale, probably the best they've done. Interesting to see they're moving towards Batman proper, timeline wise.

I can't see the show going past 5 seasons, so now I'm expecting Bruce to suit up as Batman in the series finale after a couple of seasons of proto-Bat vigilante stories.

One issue is it's hard to tell if death has any meaning on the show or only matters for minor characters. Butch was killed and then turned out to not be dead before the end of the same episode, and it's gotten to the point that I don't buy that Barbara is dead even though she was blatantly shown to be dead. There's no longer any way to tell a fakeout death from a real one on the show, so deaths don't really have any impact.

Same with Fish. No way she's really dead.

That was fucking insane!!!

Barb dead (come on, we know this isn't going to stick, but who will be she come back as?), Fish dead, Riddler on ice, Selina getting the whip, Icebar(!) Solomon fucking Grundy, Ra's, Lazarus pit, ski mask Batman.

FUCK!

I was disappointed in how quickly they came up with an antidote and I would have liked to have seen more of the mayhem caused by the gas, but that old lady robbing the bank was a fantastic way to open the episode.

Totally agree Hex, I love this show!

That was a fantastic 2 hours. The casting of this show is just godly.

That final shot was great.

Yup, I cheered like hell at that last shot (and that whole last scene). Man, I loved that and I loved that they ended with a moment like that, I love that they've gotten this far.
I hope they do some more next season with his proto-Batman attempt.

Barbara is totally alive, and I'd bet she becomes Harley.
Fish I think she might be dead for good this time.

That said, it was a great finale. I had just really hoped Barbara would turn out to be Harley Quinn.

I could see this as one of the options (or a new cast member) ever since people mentioned it initially back during her scene in Arkham with Jerome/Joker. They totally had that vibe together in those brief scenes lol.

Kevin

Fantastic season and fantastic season finale.

I am pretty sure Barbara and Fish are dead. Nygma and Cyrus are if course still alive (well they will be back).

This show is just a ton of fun and I’m rarely bored. It’s a damn shame that more people are not watching this.

Turin

Banned
That has to be the first good finale this show's had.

Pretty good season. Maintained the good will season 2 earned.

MUnited83

For you.
Nobody in this series is ever really dead. Nobody.
I'd say Fish is dead for good. Felt like they don't really have any good idea what to do with her and I don't think they will go "Fish returns and takes back over the criminal underworld in about 2 seconds" again. I'm one of the 5 people that loves Fish but I don't think she will be coming back.
Fantastic season and fantastic season finale.

I am pretty sure Barbara and Fish are dead. Nygma and Cyrus are if course still alive (well they will be back).

This show is just a ton of fun and I’m rarely bored. It’s a damn shame that more people are not watching this.
If Butch can survive a bullet to the head, Barbara will totally survive a electrocution.

Turin

Banned
I was actually worried they'd off Tigress in favor of Barbara. Glad it went the other way. I hope she gets a meatier story next season.

I'm really gonna miss bad Lee. Morena Baccarin was awesome. *sniff* I was probably more interested in Jim's story than I've been through the entire show though.

I look forward to seeing David Mazouz continue growing into Bruce.

Bless Sean Pertwee. Best Alfred.

Kevin

I'd say Fish is dead for good. Felt like they don't really have any good idea what to do with her and I don't think they will go "Fish returns and takes back over the criminal underworld in about 2 seconds" again. I'm one of the 5 people that loves Fish but I don't think she will be coming back.

If Butch can survive a bullet to the head, Barbara will totally survive a electrocution.

My guess is Butch will be severely brain damaged. Maybe he didn’t completely die. Far fetched I know but I have a feeling there is more to it then we know. I’ll wait and see.

Barbara is toast though! lol

MUnited83

For you.
My guess is Butch will be severely brain damaged. Maybe he didn’t completely die. Far fetched I know but I have a feeling there is more to it then we know. I’ll wait and see.

Barbara is toast though! lol
Butch is of course alive, and will become Solomon Grundy eventually in Season 4.
I don't buy Barbara being dead. Not forever anyways, on a world a where the Lazarus Pit is a thing and a bunch of Joker obsessed weirdos can resscucitate dead people.

Pachimari

I'm still on cheering on Riddler and Barbara to take over Gotham. They're just that good.

Although I seriously hope they can come up with an actual plot for Tabitha cause she's been wasted ever since her brother died. They don't know what to do with her either. Don't just make her a mentor to Selina. Give her a real purpose to stay in Gotham. I know, Butch is still around but give her something really personal.

Wag

Yes but he's Cyrus Gold who is Solomon Grundy. Grundy is a zombie. Doctor Hugo Strange will probably be paying Butch a visit.

tolkir

Butch is of course alive, and will become Solomon Grundy eventually in Season 4.
I don't buy Barbara being dead. Not forever anyways, on a world a where the Lazarus Pit is a thing and a bunch of Joker obsessed weirdos can resscucitate dead people.

But Solomon Grundy is a zombie, so, Butch must be dead to become him.

Edit: Beaten

Eh, they're pretty separate universes. Just like Gotham and the CW universe are separate.

DC usually tries to avoid having their universes share characters as much as possible. I don't think anybody would confuse Batman Begins, The Batman, Teen Titans Go!, and Justice League Unlimited with each other, but they still couldn't share characters beyond Batman.

Harley Quinn wouldnt make sense. She becomes a doctor and she'd be roughly Bruces age.

They could do that Gnu 52 thing where the Harley we know is just the latest in a line of Harleys. It was stupid, but this show's already had stuff like Joker cutting his face off so whatever.

Pachimari

Harley Quinn is totally possible, as the producers have said themselves, they'll do a proto version of, and hopefully we'll get to see her next season. I want Barbara to wake up that fried brain, and be totally wack crazy slowly becoming someone like Harley. I mean, she's basically almost acted like her since Season 2. She would be perfect in this role. She also doesn't have to be Bruce's age, Gotham can do whatever they want, they've earned it at this point.

CryptiK

Harley Quinn is totally possible, as the producers have said themselves, they'll do a proto version of, and hopefully we'll get to see her next season. I want Barbara to wake up that fried brain, and be totally wack crazy slowly becoming someone like Harley. I mean, she's basically almost acted like her since Season 2. She would be perfect in this role. She also doesn't have to be Bruce's age, Gotham can do whatever they want, they've earned it at this point.
fuck no that'd be awful.

Finally got around to catching the finale. Amazing. Of all the finales this year, Gotham stuck it the hardest. Felt like it could've been a decent movie. Ras was perfect, they nailed the mystic part unlike with Arrow. Bruce wearing his crime fighting turtleneck at the last shot was hype.

Kuro

I'm done with this show after this awful season. I was fine when they jumped the shark in season 2 and loved the camp but this season has just been characters flipflopping left and right and no one proper dying. Not to mention how they've handled Bruce in the second half. Show is a hot mess.

Jag

I'm done with this show after this awful season. I was fine when they jumped the shark in season 2 and loved the camp but this season has just been characters flipflopping left and right and no one proper dying. Not to mention how they've handled Bruce in the second half. Show is a hot mess.

I watched the finale last night and I thought it was amazing and a fantastic end to another great season. Maybe the show isn't for you. People not dying is a well known comic book thing. Make no mistake though, this is a comic book show dressed up like a cop show.

Oh and I just love Dark Lee. She is even sexier as a goth chick.

Just watched it. Holy fuck. Oh wow. What great feelings coming out of that finale. The beginnings of Grundy. Tabitha positioned as a mentor for Selina. Butch being an origin for Solomon Grundy. The resolution of the relationship between Jim and Lee. And that fucking ending. I'm really glad this show got past its first season cornball stumbling block and found itself.

If only I didn't hate its version of the Joker.

Ruruja

Great finale.

That final shot was awesome, they really have nailed the look and atmosphere of Gotham - it's just a massive shame it's not set in the Batman timeframe.

ElRenoRaven

So just watch the finale finally. I just have to say I've enjoyed the show from day 1. That finale was nuts. I loved every damn moment of it. So many awesome setups. I really can't wait for next season. It's gonna be a long long wait.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh man the body count in that finale. i couldnt believe butch getting a headshot so close to the camera. it was all very exciting! definitely my favorite show right now.

So, I have only watched the first few episodes of this season, but did they really reveal that the League is behind the Court of Owls? Seems like a big mistake. The two groups are completely distinct and different in their goals and methods - the Court wants to control and own Gotham, the League are eco-terrorists that want to cleanse or destroy it. I see little reason to devolve the Court into mere stooges of the League.

It's also a bit of a shame that they can't really adapt Year One/Long Halloween/Dark Victory despite having a great, if still too young Bruce. Maroni is dead, Falcone is too old and they already dialed up the craziness in Gotham to prime-Batman levels. Penguin would fit right into that storyline.

have they really even been following the comic books that much at all? none of these stories are things I've ever seen in the Animated Series or heard about.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just finished the season. This show continues to surprise me with how they actually use Batman's villains in a way that makes sense.

VPhys

Awesome finale. I watched the last 3 episodes in tandem.

My guess is they are going to have to put this kid on a paleo diet during the off season.

Evil Lee was ridiculously hot. Gordon always gets the dimes in this show brehs

Fun finale but turning Butch into Grundy kinda sucks since he's not gonna be the same again

I like that they're setting up the iceberg lounge tho. And it's time this Bruce actor learns how to not look like a dork when he throws a punch because this is where I imagine his training begins

jelly

What a great season. Finale was superb, had my attention throughout. One nitpick, you could just go out the way you came instead of smashing through the ice wall. Love most of the actors in this, such a great cast. Love and hate Barbara! So glad I stuck out the first season, it's an amazing show. Penguin was on top form, Ed as well. Lee made me have flashbacks of Firefly bosoms. Ghul was interesting, I'm not terribly familiar with his character beyoung Arrow, Begins and Arkhan game, I liked the mystical take here. Selina getting the whip was cool. Bruce getting better, kid is still young but I like what they're going for, he will get there. Fish coming back makes me groan but then she was gone again, lol. Roll on next season and nobody stays dead it seems!

Oddduck

On a lighter note, someone created an art series of Gotham: The Animated Series.

Source: Rick Celis

Jim Gordon

DDg1BjGXsAELzlI.jpg

Oswald Cobblepot

Edward Nygma

Selina Kyle

Bruce Wayne

Jerome

TheOddOne

- ABC: 'Gotham' actor Donal Logue's daughter is 'safely back home,' rep says.
The teenage daughter of "Gotham" actor Donal Logue is "safely back home," a rep for the actor told ABC News on Saturday.

Logue's 16-year-old daughter Jade had been missing for more than a week after last being seen in New York City. Earlier this week, Logue's rep said in a statement to ABC News that Jade was "last seen leaving home Monday afternoon on the way to Barclays Center in Brooklyn."

The New York Police Department told ABC News that the transgender teen was found in North Carolina "safe and sound."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom