• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

deepbrown said:
Where'd you get that from Goldy? Is that the confirmed list?
I said in the post you quoted what it is. The tracks from GT4, TT, GT5P and announcements.
I have no idea how to get 70 variations from 20 tracks. Most tracks don't even have a reverse option.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Surprising there are only about 10 pages since last night, but then there wasn't much announced to fap over. Mostly its people venting frustrations about not being able to play it in December, which is understandable.

I guess this reinforces my plan to buy prologue and GTPSP.

Is the timing still fine to not have much detail about track listings etc? For a March release, when would detailed info (not just random bullet points like today) expect to be announced - January?

I'm hoping for a WW release for easter. Big sales time for games and I'm expecting the localisation to be pretty done - probably only a few months left of work which might be AI/damage/whatever but hopefully not text or speech which should be fairly locked. The only reason they say ' March 2010 Japan' is because its the TOKYO game show.

I am a bit disappointed there aren't more hands-ons from the floor but maybe thats because its pretty much a redo of the gamescom demo?

-Amon-

So here whe are after the "news" :/

Release date: This is ugly in a lot of ways. I could stand a March worldwide release. But japan March release ? This shows that for us it's really a lot of time to wait. On top of that nowadays the norm is for simultaneous worldwide release.

MGS4 got worldwide simultaneous release, did i remember well ? And that's a game with massive quantity of content to be translated in written and spoken form. A game like GT5 has much less work to do. Unacceptable imho for today's standards.

On top of that there is no new big feature shown. No weather. No night / day settings.

As already pointed out by many in this thread Yamauchi hinted to new features that are nowhere to be seen.

Are we 100 % sure that all the gt5 related talk at TGS is over ?

Just import it. I have every version of GT in Japanese and I don't speak a word of Japanese. I can understand the odd word like Replay, Save, Load etc, but literally nothing else. I completed all GT games with any problems.

It's easy, even the tuning side of things.

Xater

Hold on! I know they said MArch 2010 for Japan, but didn't PD say earlier that they will do a WW release? Don#t you guys jump to conclusions? I'm pretty sure they only mentioned Japan because this is a japanese event.

thuway

Xater said:
Hold on! I know they said MArch 2010 for Japan, but didn't PD say earlier that they will do a WW release? Don#t you guys jump to conclusions? I'm pretty sure they only mentioned Japan because this is a japanese event.

Even if it were delayed. I think in this and age its safe to assume that the only possible reason for the delay would be to add features that time could not foresee.

KY- and co. have a big task on their hands. They have to do justice to Nascar, WRC, the super cars, the classics, the museum-collectors, and the hardcore racers. There's a reason they are hiring right now.

Angst

Xater said:
Kaz has been reported as saying that they would be aiming for a WW release. He's also said that GT5 would release sooner than we think. I guess it's just a matter of perception... :-(

Xater

thuway said:
Even if it were delayed. I think in this and age its safe to assume that the only possible reason for the delay would be to add features that time could not foresee.

KY- and co. have a big task on their hands. They have to do justice to Nascar, WRC, the super cars, the classics, the museum-collectors, and the hardcore racers. There's a reason they are hiring right now.

I don't understand why you quoted me. :lol

thuway

Xater said:
I don't understand why you quoted me. :lol

I was referring to - IF it were delayed further for the US and Europe (which I highly doubt)- and wanted to mention that a delay for those territories could only mean good things for the final product.

jorma

is now taking requests
Xater said:

So in theory this could still be a 2009 title in EU/US? Leaving it for 2010 only makes sense for japan due to FF, imo. While a GT5 release for christmas in EU would be huge.

hirokazu

thuway said:

Who knows... I'm all for a more polished game, but I wouldn't make assumptions to justify the "delay". Thing is, it was more us taking some statements and then projecting a release date before they announced one, rather than PD delaying the game.

I wouldn't bet on any surprise additional features between now and release, I think it's safer to chalk it up to the fact that the game simply isn't done. Meaning the known features are still being worked on.

What happened to head-tracking though, BTW?

hirokazu

jorma said:
So in theory this could still be a 2009 title in EU/US? Leaving it for 2010 only makes sense for japan due to FF, imo. While a GT5 release for christmas in EU would be huge.
In theory, yes. But there's not a lot of time left to make a surprise announcement that the game would make it for 2009 anywhere.

thuway

@ Blim

What are your personal thoughts on the game's presentation? What is the general consensus on the show floor about the game? How are people responding to it?

hirokazu said:
Who knows... I'm all for a more polished game, but I wouldn't make assumptions to justify the "delay". Thing is, it was more us taking some statements and then projecting a release date before they announced one, rather than PD delaying the game.

I wouldn't bet on any surprise additional features between now and release, I think it's safer to chalk it up to the fact that the game simply isn't done. Meaning the known features are still being worked on.

What happened to head-tracking though, BTW?

I'm sure its all there. I think KY and Co. thought they could get away with just introducing another GT that was similar to other mainline entries. E3 than comes along, and well, everything is history. I'm sure those guys are working their asses off, and I'm sure the final product will have us salivating for more.

squall211

I genuinely feel bad for the hardcore GT fans who were expecting this in time for the holidays. But really, from Oct.-March there is so much stuff coming out that I can't believe you guys won't be able to find something fun to play in the meantime.

Damodar

Have we got any further confirmation/denyitudichosity of damage to production cars yet?

There have been hints here and there- "Ferrari damage", the pic of the dented SLR, but have we got any proper visual confirmation? Everyone has been driving so sensibly in the video I've seen from TGS :lol

Zep said:
That track in Blim's video looks familiar? Seattle?

Haven't played a GT title since 3, so Im probably wrong.

Japan, I believe

Xater

jorma said:

No,no,no no. All I am saying is that it will probably be released world wide in March. Some poeple here think it might be out in the west like 6 monthas later.

Dead Man

idahoblue said:
I still say March 2010. Either I'll be right, which is rare so that will make me happy, or I'll be wrong, and playing GT5 which will make me happier. Unless they release it later than March, which I really can't see.
Bugger. Oh well, at least I was right! (Assuming a WW release is still planned...)

-Amon-

hirokazu said:
There is NO mention of March 2010 being Japan only, except people jumping to conclusions.

There is really no reason to be optimistic here. If they had a wordwide release, it would be their best interest to say so. If they say japan release, it means that it comes out before there, and after japan in the rest of the world. We can argue what could be the delay for the rest of the world, but not think that it's going to be worldwide simultaneous release.

And about importing: I did that with Gt1 and 2. And i agree that once the menu translations come out it's not a big problem. But we have online and probably DLC here, it's a different ballpark. We don't know if online will be region locked or what.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
-Amon- said:
There is really no reason to be optimistic here. If they had a wordwide release, it would be their best interest to say so. If they say japan release, it means that it comes out before there, and after japan in the rest of the world. We can argue what could be the delay for the rest of the world, but not think that it's going to be worldwide simultaneous release.

And about importing: I did that with Gt1 and 2. And i agree that once the menu translations come out it's not a big problem. But we have online and probably DLC here, it's a different ballpark. We don't know if online will be region locked or what.

its a Japanese game show. Different territories can follow up with their own media briefings as needed.

Iknos

iamcool388 said:
Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube.

New physics tells us that PD is turning this into a GT6 in some ways.

Those are all great features too.

But the release date is just too much for me to bear right now. That's 6 months assuming it's late March.

Judging from the quality of the screens we've seen so far of the Ferrari I think the wait will be worth it as long as they get everything right. ie. online play

If they can make it so it all works as advertised the wait will be worth it.

In some ways the wait would be more bearable if they did release all of the game's details instead of being secretive about it.

For years we've never had a concrete date so in a way I'm sort of relieved here.

If you really want a sim fix this fall on the PS3 there is Supercar Challenge and to a lesser extent NFS: Shift.

AranhaHunter said:
I feel violated. March 2010. FUCK.

Also GoW III comes out the same fucking month. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

It's a good thing you didn't make that ban bet huh?

Blim is here yet again with the goods. Great quality vids. Makes the wait harder actually.

I really wasn't expecting improved physics.

My personal preference would be to have this game with all of its features but with half the cars and 3/4 the tracks and released this year...with cars and tracks sold as DLC in the future.

Getting nearly 1000 incredibly detailed cars for only $70 seems obscene.

There's no reason to get overly negative and to diss PD. I don't agree with their decisions but in 6 months I'll be so content that the current disappointment will just be a memory.

The only reason why I feel stung is because I duped myself into thinking it would be this year. And I was expecting a blowout of media.

jorma said:

I can see where you guys are coming from but this is how I duped myself in the first place.

klier

So no December release....Oh well :( March isn't that far away, and they'll have some more time to polish things up, if that's even possible...This game is the most realistic lookin game ever made on any hardware.

-Amon-

mrklaw said:
its a Japanese game show. Different territories can follow up with their own media briefings as needed.

In my opinion this is just as saying that SCEJ thinks that nobody from outside Japan is following TGS and waiting for info about GT5.

Ploid 3.0

You know, about PD, it's probably just the way Japanese companies do things. Looking at Square-Enix and how they are so tight lipped on some of everything that they work on I guess it goes with the territory. For example FFXI the online mmorpg, SE won't answer or fix anything. They are very hands off with the community, then you see Blizzard and how they answer, explain, and fix things in it's mmo. I should have typed this in the other thread but American devs have community managers that are down on ground level with the fans. Sharing with them, talking with them, and taking feedback. We just have to deal with the silent PD, and we don't speak Japanese lol :(. SE don't seem to talk to the Japanese community anyway, outside of GM's favoring them.

Hydrargyrus

hirokazu said:
There is NO mention of March 2010 being Japan only, except people jumping to conclusions.

Seriously... Calm down, bitches!

Seriously, if they want to say worldwide release date instead of Japan only... they would have said: WORLDWIDE RELEASE!!!!!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Hydrargyrus said:
Seriously, if they want to say worldwide release date instead of Japan only... they would have said: WORLDWIDE RELEASE!!!!!

Yep. I agree. It's definitely going to arrive later for the rest of the world... I wonder if the US/Euro version will offer more content.

Ploid 3.0

I'll make sure I don't forget my JP PSN account after getting the GT5 demo this time (if it's releasing later for other countries). I don't understand why they took the GT5:p demo down.

Amir0x

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Whoa...You like GT?

yeah, Gran Turismo 4 is tied with F-Zero GX for my 5th favorite game of all time.

And I played GT1, 2 and 3 religiously for hundreds and hundreds of hours over the years.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Right guys. Tell me about the Logitech G25 wheel.

logitech-g25-racing-wheel.jpg

Do you guys use 'em. Are there better wheels and are there any issues with PC/PS3 compatibility as I plan to get some PC racing games as well.
And any recommendations where to shop for one in the UK would be useful?

Vlightray

cyberheater said:
Right guys. Tell me about the Logitech G25 wheel.

logitech-g25-racing-wheel.jpg

Do you guys use 'em. Are there better wheels and are there any issues with PC/PS3 compatibility as I plan to get some PC racing games as well.
And any recommendations where to shop for one in the UK would be useful?

Of Course we use'em best wheel.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UK you just missed play.com doing it for £99.

They come highly recommended by pretty much everybody. So does the driving force GT which is about half the price but has the same wheel dynamics.

I would recommend a stand like the rennsport stand or wheelstandpro to hold it down (or a cockpit if you have the space/money).

Angst

cyberheater said:
Great. Any issues with any PS3 or PC games that you know of?
The clutch doesn't work in all games. I'm not sure if that's an issue for you though. Otherwise it works really good in the game you would want to use a wheel - GT5P, NFS Shift, GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, Rfactor, Liveforspeed et al. It doesn't work so good in Midnight Club (weird FF IMO) and Burnout Paradise (not made to be played with a wheel).

cyberheater said:
Great. Any issues with any PS3 or PC games that you know of?

Issues in terms of what? Not being compatible with games? If so, then no there's no issue with that. Logitech wheels are generally supported across the board as they're the most popular ones out there.

Bobo

cyberheater said:
any recommendations where to shop for one in the UK would be useful?
Play.com had the G25 for £99 a few weeks ago, £129 now but it's probably best to wait until the G27 comes out for a good price for the G25.

cyberheater

Bobo said:
Play.com had the G25 for £99 a few weeks ago, £129 now but it's probably best to wait until the G27 comes out for a good price for the G25.

I think I'll do that... Thanks.

hirokazu

-Amon- said:
In my opinion this is just as saying that SCEJ thinks that nobody from outside Japan is following TGS and waiting for info about GT5.

Hydrargyrus said:
Uh, there's heaps of games where they only announce the North American release date during a US-specific release date, but somehow that's normal, and this is not? Yes, that includes games with pretty simultaneous worldwide release, or simultaneous North America and PAL region release.

Vlightray

What I really would like to see from Gt5 is the WRC Rally stuff not much off that has been seen if at all the tracks the dust ,cars getting dirty etc?

skybaby

Did AranhaHunter kill himself already?

Anyway, can someone post a list of features confirmed? Only thing I caught was the amount of tracks. Eurogamer says out of the 1000 cars only 170 have cockpits?
No weather, night? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom