• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Angst said:
The clutch doesn't work in all games. I'm not sure if that's an issue for you though. Otherwise it works really good in the game you would want to use a wheel - GT5P, NFS Shift, GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, Rfactor, Liveforspeed et al. It doesn't work so good in Midnight Club (weird FF IMO) and Burnout Paradise (not made to be played with a wheel).

Great info. I'll wait until I can pick it up for around the £99 quid mark just before the G27 comes out.

Damodar

skybaby said:
Did AranhaHunter kill himself already?

Anyway, can someone post a list of features confirmed? Only thing I caught was the amount of tracks. Eurogamer says out of the 1000 cars only 170 have cockpits?
No weather, night? :(

I think all KazYam said during the media event wasssssss...

1:40 Cars: Over 950.
1:40 Over 20 locations and 70 tracks.
1:40 Physics: new physics, damage, movable objects on the track, and the newest hybrid and electric cars.
1:41 Arcade Mode: Single Player, split-screen two player
1:41 GT Mode: World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Championship Race, and License Test.
1:42 Online: Open Lobby, Text/Voice Chat, Private Room, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, and you can export replays to YouTube.
1:42 YouTube!
1:42 Photo Mode: Photo Drive, Photo Stage
1:43 GT TV: Improved UI, export of videos to PSP, and progressive downloading.

No mention of weather, night etc, but no real detail was gone in to on that, so it's still possible. As for the 170 cockpits, I doubt it. We already went through all that during gamescom. Prologue already has about 80 cockpits anyway and if they aren't going to do them all, doing cockpits for cars like the suzuki cappuccino would be an extra slap in the face :p

Goldrusher

skybaby said:
Anyway, can someone post a list of features confirmed? Only thing I caught was the amount of tracks. Eurogamer says out of the 1000 cars only 170 have cockpits?

cars:
• more than 950 cars
○ confirmed new brands: Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Tesla
○ confirmed new series: NASCAR, WRC

tracks:
• 20 locations ?, 70 tracks (these numbers are still vague)
○ confirmed new race circuits: Top Gear Test Track, Daytona, Indianapolis
○ confirmed new road circuits: London, Eiger, Madrid, Tuscany
○confirmed new rally circuits: Tuscany

offline features:
• single race, 2 player splitscreen
• time trial
• garage, car wash, oil change
• licence test, championships
• photo mode (circuit & locations)
• museum
• GTTV (compatible with PSP)

online features:
• private rooms, lobbies
• text & voice chat
• photo and replay album
• YouTube replay output
• time trial rankings

other details:
• car tuning
• damage, affects handling, roll overs
• PlayStation Eye head tracking
• up to 1080p 60fps
• up to Dolby 7.1
• custom soundtracks

release date:
• March 2010

menu:
• Arcade, Online, Dealer, GT mode, Status, Theatre, Options, Manual​

119qej6.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
skybaby said:
Did AranhaHunter kill himself already?

the eurogamer report was a bit difficult to read, it seemed to merge info from today's event with the speculation from previously into one package that all read like it was revealed at TGS

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... any true gameplay footage that isnt a shaky cam ?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
My God, this game is ridiculous.

I was scrolling through the first few pages and at one point (what I presume are real) rally pics got posted. And for a second, I had to actually try and distinguish what's real from what's CG.

fuck the world if this game doesn't sell a gazillion.

Goldrusher

Wax Free Vanilla said:
2009 it is :D

Japan gets Final Fantasy, the West gets a chopped down GT5 with a free download waiting in the wings to bring it up the standard of the Japanese release in March. It's Prologue reversed.

:(
Why not ? It makes sense.

Prologue released in Japan without online, splitscreen, with only 35 cars.
Then it release in Europe, with online, splitscreen and 70 cars. And I believe they added the High Speed Ring then too. Japan got a free update.

I'd pay full price for all they have at the moment, then download a patch in March. No problem. No sir.

Kaz said during TGS that the reason it's coming out in March is so that they can achieve a suitable scale and quality. So while it's possible that it could come out before it's released in Japan, it's definitely not going to be this year.

Crackers

Neo Member
Goldrusher said:

Prologue released in Japan without online, splitscreen, with only 35 cars.
Then it release in Europe, with online, splitscreen and 70 cars. And I believe they added the High Speed Ring then too. Japan got a free update.

I'd pay full price for all they have at the moment, then download a patch in March. No problem. No sir.

I think it was the Fuji speedway. **edit** Nope, it was High Speed Ring. Fuzzy memory!

Anyway, this works for me too. Something in December would be fantastic, we're just dreaming though. :(

I wonder if that 70 tracks mean all different tracks or does that include variations of same tracks (reverse and such).

They did a cool trick there though. First they announced cross-compatibility and then release date of GT5... See what's happening there?

Angst

Router said:
Race cars only. Production cars remain damage free.
Nothing confirmed as far as I know. Speculation is as you say, but nothing confirmed from God
of waiting forever /Kaz

-Amon-

Goldrusher said:

No, because if you plan to patch it via network you're leaving out all the people with ps3 not connected to the internet. There are a lot of them... i don't think they'll do this.

( But i'm here praying for it of course )

Goldrusher

-Amon- said:
No, because if you plan to patch it via network you're leaving out all the people with ps3 not connected to the internet. There are a lot of them... i don't think they'll do this.

( But i'm here praying for it of course )
Make it the world's first "early adopter edition" instead of another bullshit "collector's edition" or "special edition" that goes on sale after a month.

Besides, they did the same with Prologue. Various patches and updates, including the big Spec II and spec III content packs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
surely there are Gaffers or others at TGS that can drive the Ferrari around crashing into things to see if it gets damaged? How can they have had a full day of TGS (albeit press only) and all we have is a crappy phone cam job of possible damage?

jett

D-Member
ChackanKun said:
Damn those main menu icons are ugly :| Nowhere near as stylish as Prologue's icons.

Yeah they're like GTPSP's menu...really ugly and even worse in motion. They pop-up as if this was a child's game.

Tideas

Banned
thuway said:
GT-age should quit bitching and look at the positive side of this situation.

Judging from the demo at Gamescom the game is still in need of some work. (personal opinion coming) The damage was criticized from all corners of the fence, the awkward collision problems didn't help, and the lack of weather was a little disappointing (THIS IS ALL TO ME)

IF NOT THAT, than releasing it at the same time as Forza would be a disaster. Sony does not have the revenue to combat Microsoft in a marketing war for racers. The last thing I want to see is 10 Forza 3 commercials for every one GT5 commercial.

AND IF NOT THAT Gran Turismo would be crucified by the media / fanboys if PD released a product that was even remotely inferior to any other racer on the market. The time its been under development, the level of perfection that is expected, and the significance it has is not to be undermined.

That said- Fall 2010, damage done right, weather done right, rewind mode, replay mode, and something that you've never seen before. BERIEVE.

they're released on different consoles though...one would not eat the sales of other. And in most cases, it'll be GT eating sales

Angst

Goldrusher said:
Make it the world's first "early adopter edition" instead of another bullshit "collector's edition" or "special edition" that goes on sale after a month.

Besides, they did the same with Prologue. Various patches and updates, including the big Spec II and spec III content packs.
As much as I'd like that it's probably a bad idea review-wise. Reviewers won't re-rereview after updates which will reflect poorly upon the game. If that makes sense:D

Xater

mrklaw said:
surely there are Gaffers or others at TGS that can drive the Ferrari around crashing into things to see if it gets damaged? How can they have had a full day of TGS (albeit press only) and all we have is a crappy phone cam job of possible damage?

I hope Garnett will deliver news in the podacast today....

Stillmatic

The first thing i noticed watching the new Gamersyde footage is the improvement in lighting over GT5:p, the difference is huge, especially the shadows.

PD communication department is just catastrophic. I mean, it's TGS. It's their event. Their country. We should have a media blow-out at the moment. But still, we don't know the exact features, if it will have damages on all models, etc.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LordPhoque said:
PD communication department is just catastrophic. I mean, it's TGS. It's their event. Their country. We should have a media blow-out at the moment. But still, we don't know the exact features, if it will have damages on all models, etc.

Yeah. I'm sick of seeing cars running on the same old tracks over and over again. It's like watching a slightly different GT5: Prologue. With tearing and all still there.

jett

D-Member
bud said:
i think us westerners are in for a long ass wait.

if it was going to be a simultaneous worldwide release, they would've said so.

I find it immensely stupid to make the japanese release a priority, tbh.

bud said:
i think us westerners are in for a long ass wait.

if it was going to be a simultaneous worldwide release, they would've said so.

Well, not set in stone, but it seems to be their plan to release it simultaneously:

MultiPlayer: GT5 Release?

KY: ”The game is still under development but its release is not too far, it will be after the PSP GT release and, very probably, it will be a simultaneous world release”

http://www.gtplanet.net/worldwide-release-for-gran-turismo-5-probably/

StuBurns

Banned
Well Sony do have GoW3 slated for March, so it makes sense to separate them a little. HR will probably ship around that time too, and FFXIII, although that's not so much of an issue.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Valkyr Junkie said:
I'm not digging the shadows being cast from the tree cover :/

thats what I initially thought when I saw them, then I realised they'll be flying past at 100mph so you won't notice in the actual game

-Amon-

Goldrusher said:

You're right about that. but they should make 2 releases ... 1 for the early adopters, and the 2nd when all the content is available no ?

Dunno about that, really.

Xater

stuburns said:
Well Sony do have GoW3 slated for March, so it makes sense to separate them a little. HR will probably ship around that time too, and FFXIII, although that's not so much of an issue.

Because those games all fit the same demographic....

Firewire

Banned
Glad to see that most people have calmed down now.

mrklaw said:

Well the damage report on the Ferrari came from a guy at TGS and he's there for GTPlanet. If he screwed that up they would crucify him.

jett

D-Member
Firewire said:
Glad to see that most people have calmed down now.

Well the damage report on the Ferrari came from a guy at TGS and he's there for GTPlanet. If he screwed that up they would crucify him.

I think he's gonna get crucified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom