• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

-x.Red.x-

So...

no way in hell for a europe/usa 2009 release right?

damn but what happen with those rumors and stuff?
I really did not expect a march date

Firewire

Banned
anddo0 said:
I'd put money on it. June release maybe.

Sounds about right. This isn't a Japanese RPG that takes a year of localization to make it to Europe or N.A, the vast majority of GT is text and I'm sure they can get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

SolidSnakex said:
rjmihj.gif

14bq4x3.gif

Vid link?

Pallaris

hmm, guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for a proper blow out. Liking what i'm seeing with the ferrari and mercedes clips... really looks phenomenal.

but, someone seriously needs to raise the issue of tearing and framerate with Kaz if anyone's planning any interviews... it's still present with the TGS build. Not acceptable IMO, unless 720p mode makes it all go away.

They need to get this right - the competition right now seems to be running flawlessly (I know it's further along). It's worrying that GT5 prologue had this problem, and now the PSP version, so they seem to be going down the line of thinking it's an acceptable trade off which it is not. wipeout HD all over. fuck that.

GT3 had phenomenal framerate - v-sync plus never dropped frames from what I can remember. So would be a shame if this was a backward step. All the pretty lighting and cars won't mean shit to me if they flop with the performance again.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Isn't it obvious? They've delayed the game to add full damage modeling to every single car in the game, in response to all the bitching about that. Believe!

jett

D-Member
thuway said:
WHERE IS THE TGS TRAILER.... sorry I've been up all night wanting to see those 'sparks' :D.

Here are some sparks for ya

2e2i5w0.jpg

f9jau1.jpg

hrh62o.jpg

9astna.jpg

from the GTPSP intro...but that shit is quite clearly not from GTPSP :p

RandomXTX said:
Frickin embarassing
Gran Turismo 4 – 6/18/04
Forza 1 – 5/3/05
Forza 2 – 8/19/08
Forza 3 – 10/27/09
Gran Turismo 5 – 3/?/10

Seriously I’m done waiting, how can they let someone make 3 games before releasing GT5.
360 it is, Forza it is, Bill Gates it is!

bishoptl said:
Dude, if you're going to make posts like this - you shouldn't sign up for a GAF account with your Microsoft corporate email.

Seriously.

205c9wn.gif

:lol :lol :lol

DEO3

lol guys, just wait until E3. Lots of infos coming!
lol guys, just wait until Gamescom. GT5 blowout!
lol guys, just wait until TGS! Keynote address!
lol guys, just wait until 2010. It was always going to be 2010!

Sorry fellow GT5 fans, but our princess is in another castle.

jett

D-Member
DEO3 said:

And this is why some of us were fucking pissed. Us GT fans are getting treated in a truly awful manner. :/

Hanmik

DEO3 said:

so you are saying Polyphony Digital is responsible for this..?

15not50.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
And this is why some of us were fucking pissed. Us GT fans are getting treated in a truly awful manner. :/
Well they didn't say there was going to be a big reveal here. It's hardly anyone's fault. Until the Listen Up guys said it was this year, I assumed it was next summer. I'm a little gutted they were full of shit, but I shouldn't have believed them to begin with.

spwolf

stuburns said:
Well they didn't say there was going to be a big reveal here. It's hardly anyone's fault. Until the Listen Up guys said it was this year, I assumed it was next summer. I'm a little gutted they were full of shit, but I shouldn't have believed them to begin with.

well thats was pretty big, except that we got the leaked PR before :lol

honestly, whatever it takes them to build a good game, good for them/us, regarless of me wanting it yesterday.

StuBurns

Banned
spwolf said:
well thats was pretty big, except that we got the leaked PR before :lol

honestly, whatever it takes them to build a good game, good for them/us, regarless of me wanting it yesterday.
I think we got the leaked PR about a week later, it did make the timing seem very likely.

I'm with you though, I can wait as long as it takes.

jett

D-Member
awww shieeeet at the camera angle from inside the car.

fuck it, i'll wait for GT5, but it better be released next year, damnit. :p

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHERE IS THE OFFICIAL TGS TRAILER? All we got are a bunch of cam videos from 2 events and leaked feature lists.
HEY SONY, SHOW THE FUCKING GAME, IT IS PLAYBLE FOR THE PUBLIC AFTERALL.

This is 2006 all over again.
show a trailer of GT5, then hide it for years.
"is this GT5?' " No this is GTHD"
' is this GT5?' " No this is GTPrologue"
'is this GT5?' " No this is an updated GTHD"
'is this GT5?' " No this is Genji"

/meltdown of how this game is getting handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom