• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

I missed all the rage I guess, right? Thank God the uni day was loooong. :lol

But damn, the SLS video is fucking AMAZING. Alleviates the pain just a little bit.

shinshero

I am dissapointed at this news. I guess its my fault for getting caught in the hype train and believing it will come out in December.

Damn you GAF! Damn you.

:'(

womfalcs3

Banned
With so many good games coming out in this time span and with so many things going on in life right now, I'm not really down on this news. Although I'd still rather have it earlier.

Dr. Light

Fucking March 31? Really? March fucking 31, in Japan? Fucking really, Sony? After I was really, really, really, hoping for a date this year? In the US? Really, fucking Sony? 12,000 years wasn't enough development time for this game? March 2010? Really? Fucking really? You hate money, Sony? Ever hear of this thing called Christmas? Weren't enough games in Q1 2010, really needed another one packing it in there? Really? I mean, really?

And I like this "950+" stuff. I could have sworn they said 1000 cars. I guess that sounds better than 950. I mean, don't get my hopes up or anything. Because you apparently don't want my money, because you won't release the game after 80,000 years. Just a few more months, who cares if this game began development when man first discovered how to use fire. Just...fuck it. I'm getting tired of getting thrown around with this game. I'm numb at this point.

March, 2010. US release....sometime. Maybe. Christ on a stick. Really, Sony?

TheKurgan

Someone at TGS really needs to nail them down on an official North American release date. I would be happy with March 2010, I could live with May or June, but a fall 2010 release would piss me off.

Is there any shaky cam videos from the TGS gamefloor?

jett

D-Member
Dr. Light said:
Fucking March 31? Really? March fucking 31, in Japan? Fucking really, Sony? After I was really, really, really, hoping for a date this year? In the US? Really, fucking Sony? 12,000 years wasn't enough development time for this game? March 2010? Really? Fucking really? You hate money, Sony? Ever hear of this thing called Christmas? Weren't enough games in Q1 2010, really needed another one packing it in there? Really? I mean, really?

And I like this "950+" stuff. I could have sworn they said 1000 cars. I guess that sounds better than 950. I mean, don't get my hopes up or anything. Because you apparently don't want my money, because you won't release the game after 80,000 years. Just a few more months, who cares if this game began development when man first discovered how to use fire. Just...fuck it. I'm getting tired of getting thrown around with this game. I'm numb at this point.

You know what's the saddest thing? People really shouldn't hang on to that March 31st date. Conveniently the day the fiscal year ends, it was probably mentioned just to appease stockholders. :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dr. Light said:

I look forward to your post in the pick up thread with the game.

GQman2121

Banned
:lol at everyone who actually thought they were going to release GT5 anywhere near GT Mobile. Use your heads kids; that wouldn't make any sense.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Goldrusher said:
But...but... DJmizuhara said there was damage.

:(

Yeah, not sure what's going on here. There are a few people on the GTPlanet forums saying there's damage. Now there's not. I dunno.

More vids with crashes can clear all of this up.

:D

Damodar

TheKurgan said:
Someone at TGS really needs to nail them down on an official North American release date. I would be happy with March 2010, I could live with May or June, but a fall 2010 release would piss me off.

Is there any shaky cam videos from the TGS gamefloor?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs09_gran_turismo_5_gameplay-8572_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs09_gt5_ferrari_gameplay-8561_en.html

EDIT: Fixed my own foolishness!

SolidSnakex said:
Polyphony must be kicking shit in their office wondering why they've spent time modeling interiors when they watch these videos.

:lol

mr_nothin

Banned
There is damage...you can CLEARLY see that there are scrapes and scratches on the hood of the SLS towards the end of the Gamersyde video.

GAMERSYDE FAILS US AGAIN!
Check it out...it's there

SolidSnakex said:
Polyphony must be kicking shit in their office wondering why they've spent time modeling interiors when they watch these videos.
Yeah, I don't get why the people at TGS didn't use the cockpit view either. :lol :lol

The pitcrew animations in that video looked great though. :D

bud

from gtplanet:

31696ar.gif

it looks slightly damaged.

SolidSnakex said:

Care to briefly describe the video? All of the websites where the most recent videos are hosted are blocked at the office. Reading some of the positive reactions is killing me.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems to be a non-cockpit camera.

jett

D-Member
mr_nothin said:
There is damage...you can CLEARLY see that there are scrapes and scratches on the hood of the SLS towards the end of the Gamersyde video.

GAMERSYDE FAILS US AGAIN!
Check it out...it's there

2mi0yec.jpg

Dunno hard to say

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
jett said:
2mi0yec.jpg

Dunno hard to say

Even if it is, it looks like paint, not body damage. And those particular ones look like discoloration rather than scratches. But like you say, hard to tell.

Damodar

Can somebody slow-mo gif some consecutive frames. Could easily be reflections. Hard to say without seeing it in motion.

God. Do you see what you have reduced us to, Kaz? :D

EDIT: Then again, it does look the same in both photos, so it could well be scratches!

jett

D-Member
OuterWorldVoice said:
Even if it is, it looks like paint, not body damage. And those particular ones look like discoloration rather than scratches. But like you say, hard to tell.

A picture from earlier in the replay

fom49e.jpg

vs

2mi0yec.jpg

Seems like at least something happened to the car.

edit: the car has definitely been scraped. Ah snoopers, proven wrong by his own footage. :p

"Deceive the heavens to cross the ocean" -Prepare too much and you lose sight of the big picture; what you see often you do not doubt.

I can see how Sony is using the Art of War.

spwolf

jett said:
A picture from earlier in the replay

fom49e.jpg

vs

2mi0yec.jpg

Seems like at least something happened to the car.

edit: the car has definitely been scraped. Ah snoopers, proven wrong by his own footage. :p

someone threw rocks at it!

:D

jett

D-Member
You know, this is what I'm talking about, look at what we have to do to find out if there's damage in the demo. Goddamnit Polyphony. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom