• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
●物理シミュレーション - Physics Simulation
・新自動車物理シミュレーション - New vehicle physics simulation
・車両の転覆 - roll over
・ダメージ - damage
・コース内可動オブジェクト - Moveable objects on the track
・新世代ハイブリッドカー、EV対応 - New generation hybrid car, EV support

Seriously, look at this shit. Look at this shit. How can you announce that stuff and NOT show it off? What is wrong with Sony?

Goldrusher

BeeDog said:
Pleeeease, have head tracking in as hinted at before. :'(

• 730 premium / classic cars (now 950 cars)
• 20 tracks, 60 varations (now 20 locations, 70 tracks)
• museum
• head tracking
• 1080p 60fps
• up to Dolby 7.1
• custom soundtracks

Those were in the previous list.

What the fuck? What happened to head tracking? That was a feature I was actually looking forward to and it would finally put my PSEye to good use.

●コース - Courses
・20ロケーション以上 - 20+ locations
・70バリエーション以上 - 70+ variations

I'm still not sure if that means 70+ unique tracks or what :/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Goldrusher said:
They changed the blog:

old: solid Japanse release date - March 31
new: Japanese release window – March 2010

old: American and European release date will be announced soon
new: American and European release date will be announced in due course
Yikes, that doesn't sound good.

Don't do this to me, Polyphony.

●GTモード - GT Mode
・マップ - Map
・ガレージ - Garage
・自動車ディーラー - Car Dealers
・チューニングショップ - Tuning
・チャンピオンシップレース - Race Championship
・ライセンス試験 - License Test

Yes! Yes! Yes!,I will gladly wait,This plus the new physics and damage stuff are worth the wait.

chubigans said:
Yikes, that doesn't sound good.

Don't do this to me, Polyphony.

I'm saying this now, Fall 2010 for US/EU, probably August/September for EU, October/November for US. One thing is for sure, there ain't no way in hell it's releasing in March over here, SCE will not release their 2 biggest IPs in the same month.

AranhaHunter said:
I'm saying this now, Fall 2010 for US/EU, probably August/September for EU, October/November for US. One thing is for sure, there ain't no way in hell it's releasing in March over here, SCE will not release their 2 biggest IPs in the same month.

I fucking hope not,First word on a later EU/US release and I'm importing the JP version.

jett

D-Member
AranhaHunter said:
What the fuck? What happened to head tracking? That was a feature I was actually looking forward to and it would finally put my PSEye to good use.

I'm still not sure if that means 70+ unique tracks or what :/

If it was 70 unique courses this game would be done by the time Halley's Comet appears again.

Xater

DuckRacer said:
If those two things caused the "delay," the "delay" definitely wouldn't only be three months long.

Well it depends. If they already had damage don for race cars, mabe it's not that complicated to get it in for the rest?

Guy Legend

Lion Heart said:
I'm currently single, but i'll probably be married by the time this game comes out, and I wont have any time to play it :/

You will have raised kids through college by the time GT6 comes out. Plenty of time for GT5.

DuckRacer

Xater said:
Well it depends. If they already had damage don for race cars, mabe it's not that complicated to get it in for the rest?
Possibly. I don't see why they'd realize "hmm, maybe we should add damage to normal cars?!" at the last second after 5 years of development. That would've been planned from the start.

To be fair, this isn't even a delay. Everyone thought it would release next spring to begin with, it's only when GTPlanet/Amar's winds/vague Sony hints started showing up when people started thinking it could release this year.

jett

D-Member
DuckRacer said:
Possibly. I don't see why they'd realize "hmm, maybe we should add damage to normal cars?!" at the last second after 5 years of development. That would've been planned from the start.

To be fair, this isn't even a delay. Everyone thought it would release next spring to begin with, it's only when GTPlanet/Amar's winds/vague Sony hints started showing up when people started thinking it could release this year.

Damage is something that been tacked on late into development, for sure.

Amar needs to get punched the wind out of him.

-x.Red.x-

AranhaHunter said:
wait lets see what Sony has so far

from the top of my head

Oct: UC2
Nov:Rand C and eyepet
Dec:? aside from FF13 JP
Jan: MAG
Feb: heavy rain i think
March:GOW3
April:? PS wand
May:? PS wand

Where can Sony put it?

Firewire

Banned
-x.Red.x- said:

from the top of my head

Where can Sony put it?

Umm...December is the God of War Collectors edition (1&2 in HD with trophies)

TylerD

-x.Red.x- said:

from the top of my head

Where can Sony put it?

Um, anywhere they want because it will sell like hotcakes and have excellent legs. Prologue (glorified demo) has sold over 5 million right? They can put this game anywhere and the money printers will get warmed up and print for a very long time.

xnz3wp.jpg

That looks so good in motion.
okmum1.gif

Insertia

I'm going to work. If I return and Polyphony doesn't have any images of these 'new' features, I'm going to do nothing.

Seriously, someone get PD on the line and let them know we're starving for media.

I am not a math major or anything, but I am pretty sure March 2010 is four billion days away. Ahhhhhhh,I have the gaming equivalent of blue balls.

offshore

jett said:
Damage is something that been tacked on late into development, for sure.

Really? I don't see it that way....Kaz said in 2007 they've started modelling damage internally.

I still maintain that I can't believe that after 2+ years testing damage, that a door and bumper falling off is the best they've come up with.

I think it's doing 1080p that is proving to be the big problem and taking the most time. They should have gone 720p to free up more memory.

BeeDog

offshore said:
Really? I don't see it that way....Kaz said in 2007 they've started modelling damage internally.

I still maintain that I can't believe that after 2+ years testing damage, that a door and bumper falling off is the best they've come up with.

I think it's doing 1080p that is proving to be the big problem and taking the most time. They should have gone 720p to free up more memory.

Are you this pessimistic in RL? Damn mang, you're one debbie downer every time you post in this topic. :D ;D

Graphics Horse said:
I doubt it'll get a full worldwide release in 2009, maybe another prologue to keep people happy.
I'm going with March 2010, as foretold by the whispers on the wind. :D

People were foolish to doubt the whispers on the wind ;)

WOW what a clusterfuck, Sony and PD have no fucking clue what they want from this game and it shows.

"1000 cars with some damage, no wait, 950 and all have damage. no wait premium cars have damage but no interior damge, no wait...HEADTRACKING, use that, no wait take it out."

Goldrusher

Death Dealer said:
sounds like 20 "tracks" with 70 variations, although I hope I'm wrong.
It really does say locations now, unlike the previous PR.

Possibility A

Counting all tracks from GT4, TT, GT5P, announcements and the weather thingy *** in Prologue:

- 55 venues (includes Tuscany)
- 73 variations (counting 1 Tuscan track)
- 14 countries
- 8 fictional locations * (stuff like Deep Forest, Grand Valley, etc.)

If you count countries as locations, that makes 22 locations, 73 variations.
Possible ? Not many new rally tracks then.

Possibility B

If you do not include the (never confirmed) "weather thingy" tracks:

- 46 venues
- 63 variations
- 12 countries
- 8 fictional locations *

This makes 20 locations, 63 variations.

Possibility C

20+ photo locations and 70+ actual tracks.

* Maybe those all exist in a fictional "Polyphonyland" and count as 1 location.
In that case, count the countries as locations.

*** The list:

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit Zolder
Shanghai International Circuit
Circuit de Nevers (Magny-Cours)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari (Imola)
Autódromo do Estoril
Circuito Permanente de Jerez
Brands Hatch
Silverstone Circuit

Firewire

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
WOW what a clusterfuck, Sony and PD have no fucking clue what they want from this game and it shows.

"1000 cars with some damage, no wait, 950 and all have damage. no wait premium cars have damage but no interior damge, no wait...HEADTRACKING, use that, no wait take it out."

Dude seriously calm down.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jett said:
Seriously, look at this shit. Look at this shit. How can you announce that stuff and NOT show it off? What is wrong with Sony?

My sentiments exactly. I simple footage of a car rolling over would be enough to have me hyped.

Is this even playable on the show floor?

dalin80

Banned
chubigans said:
Plus Polyphony confirmed head tracking two weeks ago. It just wasn't in this feature list for some reason.

maybe because they realised that its a feature that few cared about, fewer wanted and almost none had the equipment to use.

TGS has just been a utter disappointment.

captscience said:
Man, you know your PR and media plan sucks when the community manger of the other team is the best source of information.

Thanks Che.

This... is fucking pathetic. I'm not arguing over the release date or the game itself, but the lack of communication is just incredible. I can't believe Forza's PR guy is the best source for what's going on at TGS at the moment.

I hope they at least clarify the whole 20/70 thing because nobody has a clue. I guess the weather tracks are a safe bet, but they don't show any of those tracks, just the same prologue ones, with the ocasional Tokyo, Nurb and Top Gear.

If you're not gonna give us the game, at least give us some info so that the next six months can be better.

roxya

If it's not coming until March, I can sort of understand why they didn't really give us new info. Still a loooong way off :(

Ploid 3.0

seattle6418 said:
This... is fucking pathetic. I'm not arguing over the release date or the game itself, but the lack of communication is just incredible. I can't believe Forza's PR guy is the best source for what's going on at TGS at the moment.

I hope they at least clarify the whole 20/70 thing because nobody has a clue. I guess the weather tracks are a safe bet, but they don't show any of those tracks, just the same prologue ones, with the ocasional Tokyo, Nurb and Top Gear.

If you're not gonna give us the game, at least give us some info so that the next six months can be better.

Newspaper.JPG

Yea I found it sad too. Thanks Che. PD needs a American speaking community manager. Although if they did have one they still wouldn't say anything. SE's english speaking producer that conducts the interviews for FFXI just spam "I don't know" for every question pretty much.

TylerD

Che's information was great but he messed up one thing.. the 458 Italia IS playable. That is all, thanks for the info Che!

I wonder if "stuck in the hotel room all day" is code for explosive diarrhea? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom