• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LiK said:
Makes sense, if you're a fanboy, you cannot doubt. Once you doubt, you are a nonbeliever. :p

but that suggests i was at one time a xbot...

De-mon

spats said:
I cracked into Polyphony's private FTP and found this.

gtrender2.jpg

That translator-san keyring will be mine.

sorry

First intro screen shot of Gran Turismo 5.

j97gjm.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
De-mon said:
First intro screen shot of Gran Turismo 5.

j97gjm.jpg

I would love some cars like that in the game. Like grand prix legends, its all about good driving, no crazy electronic aids.

Since weather/night racing is confirmed, I wonder if its static or dynamic?

24hr endurance races with the skies going from dusk/dawn (+weather :p) would be orgasmic :D

Mihku

Really nice cover! The European cover has a PEGI rating, so I guess the question is did it already get rated or not. It's not on the PEGI site as of yet, but all GT games got the same rating. But if it got rated, it means the game is complete, so that would mean we could see it in march. On the other hand, the US cover has a Rating Pending logo :/

dalin80

Banned
templeusox said:
Not sure how I feel about the transparency.

I doubt it will take long after release for many different versions of the cover to be available for download, half of my games run covers with most of the various logos and what not removed.

Gravijah

I really hope this game allows you to make money easily like the old games. I want to OWN every Impreza in the game, I want to buy a random car and upgrade it for fun without having to worry, I want to experiment, etc.

donkey show said:
Now that I have 3 PS3's in my household, I'm gonna fucking try that. :D

It could be nice if they added the quad processing mode (4 PS3s for 240FPS or Quad HD resolution). Just to show off those $30k projectors. :p

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
beast786 said:
I am 100% sure will set it up with my

<snip>

But my main investment will be on a better chair with hydraulics
nice setup. i'm eyeing one of those playseats myself. speaking of chairs with hydraulics, here's one.

Chris R

Damn those pictures look so good. Going to have a long session with the time trial tonight to try to get a sub 1'40" tuned time with my DFGT :( I'm ranked like 30k with the tuned car and something like 15k with the untuned, no clue why I'm better with the untuned car.

Kagari said:
Polygon fingers, can't be a bullshot.
Yes it'a most probably all ingame assets but don't expect that quality motion blur and anti-analysing in the retail game playing in real time, either it's from a photomode or a dev kit which takes the image at super high res and shrinks it.

Think of forza 3's photos before release, the retail photomode looks good but no where near the quality of softness and compression from their dev kit photos.

spwolf

Diablohead said:
Yes it'a most probably all ingame assets but don't expect that quality motion blur and anti-analysing in the retail game playing in real time, either it's from a photomode or a dev kit which takes the image at super high res and shrinks it.

Think of forza 3's photos before release, the retail photomode looks good but no where near the quality of softness and compression from their dev kit photos.

dont we already know that we are getting still shots from photomode that are rendered at least at 8 MP?

spwolf said:
dont we already know that we are getting still shots from photomode that are rendered at least at 8 MP?
8mp I believe yes, going to look sweet and be able to stick them on a usb device, something forza SHOULD HAVE DONE instead of compressing images to hell and uploading them to a website.

With them announcing and showing more and more new stuff recently, that Brussels motor show got a lot more interesting. It seems possible that they could unveil Spa there.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Also needs the MP4 - 12C, MP4 - 4 and the MP4 - 23 :D

Do not tease like that. Even if we just get one of them (likely the 23), going head to head with the Ferrari will go down as one of the best past times of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom