• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
beast786 said:
I am assuming that below rumor was false. (3 Disk)

[IM]http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gran-turismo-5-boxart-peek-3.png[/IMG]

There's also a first run that Japanese sites are selling now. That's likely going to be something along that lines of that box. But it's unlikely that it has three discs in it.

Ranger X

Now that's one awesome boxart. If only 10% of videogames had boxart like this...
Just looking at the box you feel it's the second coming of Christ inside.

34jd8yd.jpg

21o4jdc.jpg

ejbu5e.jpg

x10s44.jpg

2ik4jf4.jpg

11l75s2.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/06/gt5-cover-announcement/

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looks like EU used the new plastic boxes, the US the old Spiderman font ones. :D j/k

I like red on tan. Then they can do black on black or silver on black for the early release "special" edition, if such a thing exists.

Also, i hope the original 1954 version is in the game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I played Prologue with a Logitech wheel in a store this WE, and holy shit at the difference it makes! The game went from boring to incredible, I realized the simulation part could be actually fun. Now I need this game. And a G25 wheel.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of good stuff and that AMG is sweet.

If the series eventually adds the customization that Forza offers, I should be able to go back to being a one console house.

marc^o^ said:
I played Prologue with a Logitech wheel in a store this WE, and holy shit at the difference it makes! The game went from boring to incredible, I realized the simulation part could be actually fun. Now I need this game. And a G25 wheel.

i suggest the official logitech gt wheel, it's not as good (or expensive), but it's a really good wheel too.

Niks

^ :lol

The cover certainly has my approval. Sexy.
Edit: finally the cover has been revealed... it somehow makes the game more of a reality now. OMG only a couple of months away!!!
:D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
AndyD said:
Also, i hope the original 1954 version is in the game.
i wish the original was on the box cover. but that'd be too much style to expect from a publisher these days.

bud

the cover's alright. i was hoping for something as slick as gt4's, though. oh well.

and seriously, why did they even bother with that interview? might as well ask him what he had for lunch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bud said:
the cover's alright. i was hoping for something as slick as gt4's, though. oh well.

and seriously, why did they even bother with that interview? might as well ask him what he had for lunch.
Really? I think this is much nicer than 4's. 4's has so much white space, even though the car and positioning is really nice.

Gravijah

bud said:

GT4 US cover <333 (not sure if the others are different)

bud

it's a shame there's nothing about wrc racing in that article. we still don't know anything about it.

Y2Kev said:
Really? I think this is much nicer than 4's. 4's has so much white space, even though the car and positioning is really nice.

yeah, i liked that clean look a lot. 5's looks videogame-y to me.

Gravijah

Y2Kev said:

I just realized I really love white space

mbo2z5.png

^that's like my favorite cover of 2009.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
great. i really didnt want to be a multiconsole gamer these days... i avoided the launch of the ps3 quite easily, i've dodged the bullet with more and more quality titles releasing recently, but i think it will be GT5 that actual will get me to make the big purchase. all i need is to see a reveal of the (proper) wrc mode and i'll be ready to sign the check (yeah right, as if all this new info didnt already seal the deal)

op_ivy said:
great. i really didnt want to be a multiconsole gamer these days... i avoided the launch of the ps3 quite easily, i've dodged the bullet with more and more quality titles releasing recently, but i think it will be GT5 that actual will get me to make the big purchase. all i need is to see a reveal of the (proper) wrc mode and i'll be ready to sign the check (yeah right, as if all this new info didnt already seal the deal)

op_ivy
(Today, 02:27 PM)
Reply | Quote

New tag?

op_ivy

Valkyr Junkie said:
op_ivy
(Today, 02:27 PM)
Reply | Quote

New tag?

no, i got it a long time ago for pointing out that the dynamic shadow system was toned down from the gears of war demos pre-release and the final game. apparently that revokes my status as a xbox fanboy but i'm only now seriously contemplating getting a ps3

LiK

op_ivy said:
no, i got it a long time ago for pointing out that the dynamic shadow system was toned down from the gears of war demos pre-release and the final game. apparently that revokes my status as a xbox fanboy but i'm only now seriously contemplating getting a ps3
Makes sense, if you're a fanboy, you cannot doubt. Once you doubt, you are a nonbeliever. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom