• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
°°ToMmY°° said:
there are tw in the top of the 3th or 4th scan, with a gullwing in them.

Those are shots we have not seen before. So we have both headlight and taillight light sources. And is that the tunnel for Eiger? What track is that?

AndyD said:
Those are shots we have not seen before. So we have both headlight and taillight light sources. And is that the tunnel for Eiger? What track is that?

Special Stage Route 5. A track that's been in every GT game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidSnakex said:
Special Stage Route 5. A track that's been in every GT game.

Nice I like that track and Deep Forest too. With its jump. Good memories of that jump. I hope Autumn Ring is back as well. Running around there with a tiny car was fantastic.

F1 must be saved from Codemasters. DLC coming you can bet on that shit.

They cant have the official license for a few years, but that does not stop the manufacturers from having individual cars in there (the Ferrari in prologue is an example). Or the tracks from being in there (Indy in the time trial). Just without official FIA branding, naming, trademarks, logos...

Melfice7

I wont believe in weather (unless its just wet tracks like gt3/4) and on night races for all tracks until i see it, the scan of night track is on a track that was always at night on other GT's -.-

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When do we get to see rally!?

........... I mean seriously.

Niks

Just read the whole article.

OPSM made a great job in HYPING THE GAME EVEN MORE!!
:lol

That double-page spread with the Viper is awesome.

Iknos

BeeDog said:
They really haven't confirmed shit, seeing as there's no actual proof that they've witnessed it (e.g. new pics, or PROPER impressions). As it stands now, it's just regurgitated promises/up-in-the-air bullet points.

OPM isn't going to risk embarrassing a 1st party developer by listing features that aren't in the game.

It's a confirmation...and some of that stuff was questioned months ago so I'm happy to hear it being confirmed.

Animal said:
People on gtplanet are saying that the poster is indeed the cover.

I dig it.

Ploid 3.0

Fersis said:
CLEAN PANTS.... I DONT HAVE.
GT5 is going to be the best GT ever.
(Until 6)

Man reading the title of this thread made me do some kind of seizure move with my head and arms. I don't know what the crap happened to me. Pants clean though, I actually just got out of the bathroom a few ago (tmi I know).

GT5 Baby!

Ploid 3.0

Dudes can you imagine weather with these new GT5 physics? I can already imagine the feel of the spins, and the car hanging onto any possible grip for dear life.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
recklessmind said:

Yes. YES! There has not been a single rally game since GT4*, and I'm going through withdrawls. :(

*please do not attempt to correct me on this.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't wait to see the inevitable system bundles this game is going to produce. Everything so far sounds like exactly what people have been asking for.

i'm seriously hyped for gt5 now.

i'm thinking of dropping veronica (sorry my love) and adopt kaz (or the gt5 cover) as my new avatar. can someone do an avatar of gt for me?

Gek54

recklessmind said:

Why zero details on how the WRC license is going to be used other than official cars?

The longest stage in the 2009 WRC was 'Anadiou' in Rally Cyprus, which measured 40.54kms.

want

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
Only the index is out so no info right now. It could be a confirmation of the release date.

Seems like it's less than a full page.

Polyphony completely and totally sucks dick at releasing information. They really need to set up a community manager of sorts.

Ploid 3.0

°°ToMmY°° said:
i'm seriously hyped for gt5 now.

i'm thinking of dropping veronica (sorry my love) and adopt kaz (or the gt5 cover) as my new avatar. can someone do an avatar of gt for me?

If you do, I'm going to steal it. I like that avatar, not to try to change your mind or anything.

spats

gt5cover_cleaned2.jpg

Hackjob cleaning of the poster just in case somebody was interested.

edit: needlessly big version here.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Blu_LED said:
This is all going to fit on a 25GB Bluray? Or will this be the 2nd 50GB game?
Prologue was something like 4-6gbs right? I really don't think they'd fit everything in 25GB when you include all the HD movie introductions to tracks, etc.

jett

D-Member
Does everyone play with the racing lines on? I'm playing the TT without them and I'm finding it quite a bit more fun. :p

Grayman

jett said:
Does everyone play with the racing lines on? I'm playing the TT without them and I'm finding it quite a bit more fun. :p
I almost always keep them off. I am not near a top racer but I do better when not trying to follow the lines. Trace driver is not that fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom