• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Even if it is true, Australia: TBA means fuck you Polyphony! :lol Last year I thought it would be March worldwide, no I think March for Japan, May for NA, and June/July for EU/PAL.

elohel

k so demon's been out a while

what's the collective thought on this game?

this will be my first GT game bought at launch, i played a little bit of prologue, i feel like the physics are pretty nice in the demo versus prologues

how do the gt diehard fans feel bout the demo?

torontoml

Member of Gtplanet inquired about the details of GT5 in PTOM, from the editor in cheifs twitter.

@SSJNeBiRoS re: GT5 PTOM cover...Yes! Gorgeous new screens, deep playtest, tasty new details, and a candid chat with Yamauchi-san himself!

bud

torontoml said:
Member of Gtplanet inquired about the details of GT5 in PTOM, from the editor in cheifs twitter.

let me take a guess

gorgeous new screens = screens from that trailer shown in china.
deep playtest = hands-on with the tt demo and tgs demo.
tasty new details = headtracking confirmed. 950 cars. lambo's in!
yamauchi interview = ''it is possible that gt5 will feature stuff that wasn't in gt4''

BeeDog

bud said:
let me take a guess

yamauchi interview = ''it is possible that gt5 will feature stuff that wasn't in gt4''

:lol

Sadly enough, you'll probably be right. :<

torontoml

Well I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but the fact that this is the cover story for the issue, kinda makes this look better than most things we have gotten in the past.

-viper-

Banned
bud said:
let me take a guess

:lol

It's possible that Sony was just waiting until 2010 to lift the lid on GT5. That's what they've essentially done with GoW3. After E3 we really didn't learn much about it. They released a demo but it's the same one that they showed at every show through the year. But they showed something new at the end of the year that no one was allowed to talk about until some time this month.

torontoml

BeeDog said:
When can we expect to see this magazine hit subscribers, or whoever that posts the contents on the net? :p
I just read that it apparently hits stands on the 19th, so probably a week beforehand.

UFRA

SolidSnakex said:
It's possible that Sony was just waiting until 2010 to lift the lid on GT5. That's what they've essentially done with GoW3. After E3 we really didn't learn much about it. They released a demo but it's the same one that they showed at every show through the year. But they showed something new at the end of the year that no one was allowed to talk about until some time this month.

*Crosses fingers for Feb 2, 2010*

UFRA said:
*Crosses fingers for Feb 2, 2010*

The japanese time trial challenge ends on february 14th, about the time the second part of GT academy will be done. Game will only be promoted and launched after that.

It's looking like April for NA and PAL.

As for the time trial, probably my last day, since i will be loaded with work starting monday. Sitting at 3'24'4xx hoping to get closer to the ideal 3'23.

Goldrusher

Fellow Belgians can win 15 x 2 tickets for the Brussels Auto Show, where (a demo of) GT5 will be playable:

http://be.playstation.com/psn/compe...FD%FDes-%FD%FD-gagner-pour-le-Salon-de-lauto/

If the link doesn't work, set your country (bottom left) to "Belgique | français" & copy-paste the link again.

Answers:
1. 1902
2. Palais 7
3. Palais 6

FEB_annonce_FR.jpg

Are there any other car shows coming up? Kaz mentioned in that SEMA IGN interview that they had other car unveiling videos in the works as well as other special things like that. Those would likely show up around a car show.

And while it's not a car show, the Daytona 500 happens next month. I can't imagine that they wouldn't take advantage of that in some way.

spwolf

SolidSnakex said:
Are there any other car shows coming up? Kaz mentioned in that SEMA IGN interview that they had other car unveiling videos in the works as well as other special things like that. Those would likely show up around a car show.

And while it's not a car show, the Daytona 500 happens next month. I can't imagine that they wouldn't take advantage of that in some way.

detroit is soon... quite possibly they will do that after release of GT5 as well (introduce new models in game after they have been revealed @ some autoshow... like with GT-R).

Chris R

I'm really good with the dfgt in gt4 but still suck with it in the time trial. This due to the new physics engine or just having a shitload of assists on in gt4? :lol Would be nice to switch back and forth as the time trial is super simlike compared to how gt4 is controlling.

torontoml

SolidSnakex said:

NA International Auto Show is from the starts on the 11th of this month.

spwolf

rhfb said:
I'm really good with the dfgt in gt4 but still suck with it in the time trial. This due to the new physics engine or just having a shitload of assists on in gt4? :lol Would be nice to switch back and forth as the time trial is super simlike compared to how gt4 is controlling.

well good compared to what? I am good compared to my co-workers, and suck vs the world :)

Chris R

spwolf said:
well good compared to what? I am good compared to my co-workers, and suck vs the world :)
Well compared to times I've found for various tracks/cars combos Ive found for gt4 and also compared to how bad I'm doing in the time trial.

-viper-

Banned
rhfb said:
Well compared to times I've found for various tracks/cars combos Ive found for gt4 and also compared to how bad I'm doing in the time trial.
When you say you suck with the DFGT what times are you getting?

The best I've managed with the DS3 in the TT demo is 1.41. Now that is what I'd call sucking at the TT.

I'm not at all good in playing GT5 Pro physics. But I think I'm pretty good at standard physics all assists off in Prologue.

Goldrusher

SolidSnakex said:
Are there any other car shows coming up?
January 15-17, 2010
NAPAC Tokyo Auto Salon
Tokyo, JAPAN
www.e-autosalon.net/tokyo

January 14-24, 2010
European Motor Show
Brussels, BELGIUM
www.salonauto.be

January 11-24, 2010
North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)
Detroit, USA
www.naias.com

February 12-21, 2010
Canadian International Auto Show
Toronto, CANADA
www.autoshow.ca

February 12-21, 2010
Chicago Auto Show
Chicago, USA
www.chicagoautoshow.com

March 2010
International Geneva Motor Show
Geneva, SWITZERLAND
www.salon-auto.ch/en/

alba

Little is the new Big
I'll be there with my digicam taking footage of it as long as I possibly can. Bring on Spa in GT5 PD! <3

AndyD

aka andydumi
spwolf said:

How many people are on the leadeboards? I am in top 50k for tuned and top 20k for normal. I just want to be top 50%.:lol

Feels very nice though. The tuned car sounds like a spaceship zooming by in the replay.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bud said:
let me take a guess

"We have all these great features done, but we are not sure if we will put them in GT5. For example, we have developed synthetic boobs that will pop out of your television in 3D for all the women in the stands. But we do not know if we have this properly tuned yet. I insist on 34DD, but we only have 32 as of now. So it is still up in the air."

rykomatsu

SolidSnakex said:
Are they reliable with dates or are they like Amazon/Gamestop? In other words, do they just make up dates that sound good to them?

Well, March 25th is the last game release date of FY2009, so it's a believable date. I think they've leaked a few release dates and game details (on accident or deliberately, not sure) in the past before if I remember my sites correctly.

spwolf

SolidSnakex said:
Are they reliable with dates or are they like Amazon/Gamestop? In other words, do they just make up dates that sound good to them?

well dont we "know" that they will release it on or before March 31st?

what we dont know is rest of the world release dates... as long as i can purchase it via PSN japan, i could care less when is it coming out in europe :)

Goldrusher said:
January 15-17, 2010
NAPAC Tokyo Auto Salon
Tokyo, JAPAN
www.e-autosalon.net/tokyo

January 14-24, 2010
European Motor Show
Brussels, BELGIUM
www.salonauto.be

January 11-24, 2010
North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)
Detroit, USA
www.naias.com

February 12-21, 2010
Canadian International Auto Show
Toronto, CANADA
www.autoshow.ca

February 12-21, 2010
Chicago Auto Show
Chicago, USA
www.chicagoautoshow.com

March 2010
International Geneva Motor Show
Geneva, SWITZERLAND
www.salon-auto.ch/en/

January 30 - February 7
Philadelphia International Auto Show
Philadelphia, USA
http://www.phillyautoshow.com/

Highly doubt there will be any GT5 stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom