• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Mush

Goldrusher said:
False information. Go ahead, try it.

copy to another user: doesn't work
copy to USB-stick then use that with another user: doesn't work
So it's confirmed your save is tied to your PSN account?

Awesome news if true.

Konosuke

Goldrusher said:
Today's login bonus:
5 Museum Cards
5 Paint Items​

!

Seasonal Events are actually A-spec !

Bonus Race No. 1 (5 races with over 2.5 million prize money and TONS of xp)
Time Trial No. 1 (2 time trials with rankings)
Drift Trial No. 1 (2 drift trials with rankings)

Two weeks only.
It keeps delivering : O

Toxa

Mercedes-Benz-CLK-GTR-ra-1024x768.jpg

holly shit in my garage

Mush

GTplanet said:
Your garage has been tweaked. It now stays on whatever you left sort by on eg, max power, country etc. instead of date acquired. If you exit out of gt life though it defaults to make, until you change it again.
ohgosh ohgosh ohgosh

Dead Man

I don't want to put a damper on things, but basically if your PS3 is not net connected, you get a shit game. I don't want the patches to not happen, but I hope they keep the discs in retail updated.

anddo0

Goldrusher said:
Today's login bonus:
5 Museum Cards
5 Paint Items​

!

Seasonal Events are actually A-spec !

Bonus Race No. 1 (5 races with over 2.5 million prize money and TONS of xp)
Time Trial No. 1 (2 time trials with rankings)
Drift Trial No. 1 (2 drift trials with rankings)

Two weeks only.

Dear lord my PS3 is going to blow up!:lol

This patch is a game changer. Give me more!

darkwing

Dead Man said:
I don't want to put a damper on things, but basically if your PS3 is not net connected, you get a shit game. I don't want the patches to not happen, but I hope they keep the discs in retail updated.

wait for the GT5 GOTY Edition

Just read everything! HOLYSHIT!

They basically added pretty much every single thing that we wanted... AND THEN SOME!

LOVE YOU KAZ!

Seasonal events sounds like a fantastic idea!
Mechanical damage for offline races? FINALLY!
Online XP and credits? ZOMG!
No HUD? NURBURGRING AT NIGHT JUST GOT SHIT LOADS MORE IMMERSIVE!

HEAR ATTACK!

*dies*

The extra Prizemoney in A and B-spec only works until the end of January 2011 (ingame releasenotes).

The extra prize money a holiday bonus?

-viper-

Banned
Dead Man said:
Anyone who regularly plays their PS3 is not not going to have the internet. Just about every household in the world has the internet. This isn't the 90s anymore.

darkwing

Crakatak187 said:
The extra Prizemoney in A and B-spec only works until the end of January 2011 (ingame releasenotes).

i wouldn't be surprised if they cycle in more events, like in GT5P, hopefully we can finally use the Kubbelwagon for something :lol

brentech

Was just reading through some of the seasonal events. Wasn't expecting that at all. Great money and XP from some fairly simple additions.

Also requires the driving of certain cars which I'm all for personally. Was about 5 or 6 events in each of the 3 categories. This patch is the tits.

edit: Also, the online dealership simply states "Will update at random intervals" or something to that extent. I'm wondering if all the same cars are available to everyone at the same time? Simple swap in for a community manager.

Crakatak187 said:

Wat? oO

Btw, I can't drift even if my life depended on it. Any good tutorials?

h3ro

-viper- said:
Anyone who regularly plays their PS3 is not not going to have the internet. Just about every household in the world has the internet. This isn't the 90s anymore.

Not true at all. I'll refrain from posting anecdotes, but I'd say the a solid portion of PS3s and 360s have no internet connections.

avaya

Seasonal EVENTS

From GTPlanet post 327 in the thread:

Servers are up, seasonal events are:

Bonus Race no. 1

Fiat 500 Tsukuba 5 laps - total prize fund 200,000 / exp 15,000
Honda CR-Z Tokyo Route 246 5 laps - total prize fund 250,000 / exp 25,000
Mazda RX-7 Deep Forest 5 laps - total prize fund 300,000 / exp 40,000
Dodge Challenger RT Indy Road Course 5 laps - total prize fund 750,000 / exp 75,000
Nissan GT-R (493bhp limit) SSR5 5 laps - total prize fund 1,00,000 / exp 100,000

Time Trial no. 1
197 bhp FWD / Cape Ring Inside - sports medium tyres
246 bhp RWD / Rome City - sports medium tyres

Drift Trial no. 1
Tsukuba - comfort/soft tyres
Eiger Norwand - comfort/soft tyres

Online Dealership links to this, providing 'useful' cars for online, A-spec and B-spec racing.

Loudninja

markyboyuk New Member Online Now!
Just updated and noticed that now when starting a race in Arcade mode (Eiger Nordwand) the spectators have gone!.
The reason I tried that track is that I remember the shadows looking particularly bad/flickery on the spectators and so I wanted to see if this update had improved matters - but the spectators have gone completely!

Not that this bothers me but I wonder what else has gone from the rest of the game presumably in an effort to improve frame rate/screen tear issues.

Dead Man

-viper- said:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28058/Study_PS3_Has_Highest_Percentage_Of_Connected_Consoles.php
Seventy-eight percent of PS3 users have the console connected to the internet, while Xbox 360 has 73 percent and Wii has 54 percent, according to Diffusion Group director of research Michael Greeson.

I don't have numbers for the rest of the world but I imagine it is lower than that in most places. So at least 1 in 5 have never connected it to the net, and a percentage of those that have will not have a good enough connection or a large enough download limit to make the patches a viable thing.

I am glad the patches are coming, but PD should have released a finished game.

darkwing said:
wait for the GT5 GOTY Edition
Indeed.

Full patch notes

Update Notice (1.05)

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

Online Dealership
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the used car dealership.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Driving Distance and Number of wins in Online Races
The driving distance and number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in Open lobby or My lounge will now affect your stats in Profile and the Garage. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within GT Life

Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in Both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT mode- GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. This applies until the end of January 2011. This is a great chance for those who were previously have difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Race Information Display
Is now available in the Start-Quick Options. You can also see this in Race Display in Options.

Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details please refer to the in-game Manual

Personal BGM (menu)
From [options]-[hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the Personal BGM (menu). This can also be accessed from the Music Library within GT Mode.

Car Name Change
The official name of the "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010"

Integration within the website
THe main features within GT Mode - Community can now be accessed through the "Gran-Turismo.com Official Website.

Important Note
We have made improvements to the Log within GT Mode - Community section,
in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

Credit to GT4SOM from GTplanet.

Metalmurphy said:
:( I liked those spectators. I liked how they covered their face if I crashed near them... like that would help. :lol

If it improves performance, I'm all for it... if not... :( Great loss.
I don't. They look like shit :lol

So no transmission fix ehh? Hopefully people bitch about that so Kaz can fix it next time. Most likely people won't because most people don't tweak settings at all.

CozMick

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Oh My Fucking God!

Top Bottom