• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

avaya

The events only give you the reward + xp if you place better than on previous runs. So if you win it, you won't get jack shit for doing it again.

avaya said:
The events only give you the reward + xp if you place better than on previous runs. So if you win it, you won't get jack shit for doing it again.

Which means that it works like the Special Events. Makes sense considering that those events tend to give you a lot more XP and Credits than A-Spec/B-Spec events.

X-Frame

Wait, so these new events where you can get 200,000 to 1 million per race - can anyone confirm if you can repeat these more than once?

-viper-

Banned
Dead Man said:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28058/Study_PS3_Has_Highest_Percentage_Of_Connected_Consoles.php

I don't have numbers for the rest of the world but I imagine it is lower than that in most places. So at least 1 in 5 have never connected it to the net, and a percentage of those that have will not have a good enough connection or a large enough download limit to make the patches a viable thing.

I am glad the patches are coming, but PD should have released a finished game.

Indeed.
78% seems higher than I expected. I'm sure anyone who regularly is playing GT5 or any other PS3 game is connected to the PSN network.

darkwing

Decarb said:
So can anyone confirm if WW leaderboards are in?

Mine was at 88% and internet tanked, so had to restart again from start >:

it looks like it is in the Seasonal Events - Time Trial events

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Those seasonal events are the biggest thing for me. Especially seeing so many one-make or limited BHP races. THANK YOU!

Hopefully they'll have some kind of notification when events change. And maybe in the future the ability to create your own.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
amar212 said:
Damnit.

I was hoping they will PSNID-lock them.

This way it opens the Pandora's Box of 100% save files for interwebs usage.

But whatever.

QQ. So long as the trophies are locked, who gives a shit? You can race cars way above your punching level with the "unlocked garage" racing option online already. What fucking difference does it make now?

Goldrusher said:
False information. Go ahead, try it.

copy to another user: doesn't work
copy to USB-stick then use that with another user: doesn't work

In this case, Amar is jumping to conclusions before we can fully know, then. But whatever, I'm just glad I can back up my hours now.

In true GT5 fashion, the haters have already begun to hate. We expect a 85% chance of winging with things cooling off to incessant groaning later in the week. Back to you Roger.

avaya

The SS5 event is so easy. Just done it.

Rather pointless if they give you 1million for it, yet the credits for endurance races are so pathetic.

darkwing

avaya said:

Rather pointless if they give you 1million for it, yet the credits for endurance races are so pathetic.

we don't know how much the endurance races give now, and the special Cr bonus is only for 2 weeks

Crakatak187 said:
I don't. They look like shit :lol

So no transmission fix ehh? Hopefully people bitch about that so Kaz can fix it next time. Most likely people won't because most people don't tweak settings at all.

I was under the impression that you could tweak them after you reached a certain level. The options are there, just grayed out. Either way we know that PP and Quick tune options are coming, for sure you'll be able to the them no that update.

h3ro

This news is new thread worthy, no?

382586348.png

Angst

Crakatak187 said:
I don't. They look like shit :lol

So no transmission fix ehh? Hopefully people bitch about that so Kaz can fix it next time. Most likely people won't because most people don't tweak settings at all.
Maybe I'm just an idiot but I prefer being able to adjust just the top speed. Of course full custimization would be nice - but I wouldn't be able to adjust shit myself and would have to look for tunes on GTPlanet.

TheSeks

BOO THIS UPDATE!

No cars provided for the 2xEXP stuff. You have to buy those yourself. ARGH.

Time to grind the cars I guess.

h3ro said:
This news is new thread worthy, no?

[]http://www.imgftw.net/img//382586348.png[/]

"GT5 v1.05 - This is just the start"

TheSeks said:
BOO THIS UPDATE!

No cars provided for the 2xEXP stuff. You have to buy those yourself. ARGH.

Time to grind the cars I guess.

They're really cheap :p

Metalmurphy said:
I was under the impression that you could tweak them after you reached a certain level. The options are there, just grayed out. Either way we know that PP and Quick tune options are coming, for sure you'll be able to the them no that update.
That has never been confirmed. It was just based on speculation. Somebody on Gtplanet tweeted Kaz about it and he wasn't even aware about the issue.

amar212

What about increasing the time-limit for finishing the online races after someone crosses the line?

Current 20/30 sec is plain not enough.

amar212 said:
What about increasing the time-limit for finishing the online races after someone crosses the line?

I agree. I don't think there should even be one. Or at least an option to disable the time limit.

X-Frame

Hopefully they fix the ridiculous amount of money needed to repair a chassis/engine along with some helpful indicators. That feature is so incomplete it's ridiculous.

Otherwise, awesome update.

Niks

amar212 said:

Someone should tweet Kaz asap.

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
They're really cheap :p

That's true. But I really wish if they're going to do online events, they provide the car instead of us buying/grinding for it.

-viper-

Banned
avaya said:

My R33 GT-r is too slow for this event. What car did you use?

avaya

-viper- said:

My GTR V-Spec 09, with transmission improved (clutch, flywheel) and weight reduced.

Doesn't really matter about the car if you can lap sub 1:29 on a flying lap you will easily gold.

-viper- said:
I bought a Spec-V and changed it's oil, that made it 502BHP which is too much for that race :lol

Waste of money. Guess I'll race with it alot to drop it's BHP :lol

brentech

I just did the NASCAR championship at Indy event, and I could no longer change the ASM to off using my RA dial. It was grayed out, while other options were not. =(

plainr_

amar212 said:

This is fixed in the patch. You can manually set the time-limit now. Just did a race on the Ring and the host set the time-limit to 3 minutes so my slow ass can finish the race. :lol

confuziz

Banned
avaya said:

what car do you use for it?, I can only get 3rd with the GT-R SpecV 09

edit : beaten

Top Bottom