• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

Goldrusher

Crayon Shinchan said:
Semi-confirmation of license style penalties? Bump and you're done races?

Brake early and win the race ?

The only way to have clean races, is by making private rooms with moderated / managed member lists...

DieH@rd

Banned
Router said:
stig.jpg

Hahaa, nice one. Stig rulz.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Goldrusher said:
Brake early and win the race ?

The only way to have clean races, is by making private rooms with moderated / managed member lists...

If someone runs into your ass in a real race, it's unlikely you'll continue on.

No doubt, you'll get jack asses in online play that will abuse rules. But hey, they'll do it anyway.

If it doesn't end up working out as well as they'd hoped, there's always the option for no collision or softer collision penalties.

CSSer

At least they're thinking of adding damage. I hope that update comes out shortly after the release, otherwise I might as well wait for GT5 instead. From the vids so far, the only real complaints I have are the reflections of other cars at the rear, not having the screen shake while you bump into someone, the ps1 mirrors, and lack of hand over hand steering. They'll probably address them when the game comes out.

edit: hand over hand steering here
http://de.sevenload.com/videos/jyBsAKf-k31l/GT5-auf-der-PS3-1

Goldrusher

gogogow said:
Do we have a releasedate yet for Europe/US?

JP - October 2007
US - ???
EU - ???

Didn't Sony mention a christmas release in Germany / Europe (at the Games Convention conference).

gogogow

Goldrusher said:
Didn't Sony mention a christmas release in Germany / Europe (at the Games Convention conference).
Really? Haven't followed the conference at all, if so, :(

What a long wait.....

FightyF

Banned
Finally saw blim's vid, and I don't see why people have a problem with the background. Race tracks aren't that impressive in real life...

It's got a lot of front facing polys for grass, and the lighting is great (anyone notice that there is a different time of day in the vid than in the earlier shots?).

One thing I really hope for is perpetual tire marks throughout a race. With 16 racers it will look great.

but does anyone notice how the shadows are a bit weird? they're very jaggie at times.

Yeah, I already mentioned this. I'm hoping they implement soft shadows (a la Forza 2), because with everything else looking fantastic, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

FightyF

Banned
You don't need jackasses in a race to make it bad. I've played with other GT fans and despite everyone's good intentions, the game rewards a little nudging.

What happens is that if you have a lead on the last lap and on the last corner, you're most likely screwed. Someone will come up aggressively on the inside, and use you to turn. It's not going to take you out or anything, but the guy coming up on the inside will bounce his nose off your side, pointing him in the right direction and he'll still carry all the speed he had.

What they really need to implement is a nice and easy way to look left and right with the wheel to make it easier to follow racing etiquette.

FightyF said:
You don't need jackasses in a race to make it bad. I've played with other GT fans and despite everyone's good intentions, the game rewards a little nudging.

What happens is that if you have a lead on the last lap and on the last corner, you're most likely screwed. Someone will come up aggressively on the inside, and use you to turn. It's not going to take you out or anything, but the guy coming up on the inside will bounce his nose off your side, pointing him in the right direction and he'll still carry all the speed he had.

What they really need to implement is a nice and easy way to look left and right with the wheel to make it easier to follow racing etiquette.

Well... to be fair, that happens alot irl as well :p

Metalmurphy said:
:lol :lol

*edit* The game looks amazing so far with all those cars and looking pretty real, hopefully its a great game to play for a long time also.

My only gripe is the collisions in videos so far look the same as in the other GT's where you can bounce off others around corners, tho so far I don't see a car teleporting 3 foot away from the car it hit like in the old old gt's.

Metalmurphy said:
You never watch touring races do you? Nudging each others, specially during overtakes in corners, happens ALOT.
Theres only a few racing sports that alow such a thing, also if they take out the other car too badly normally they come down with a drive thru penalty or something to keep things fair, not going to happen online.

Diablohead said:
Theres only a few racing sports that alow such a thing, also if they take out the other car too badly normally they come down with a drive thru penalty or something to keep things fair, not going to happen online.

You should read FightyF post carefully next time. Specially this part:
"It's not going to take you out or anything, but the guy coming up on the inside will bounce his nose off your side, pointing him in the right direction and he'll still carry all the speed he had."

Again, that happens alot irl.

And what makes you think penalties won't happen online? GT4 had penalties when you hit someone... +:
"GT5: prologue will be released on PSN and blu-ray - yeah confirmed bei kaz himself.

also:

- there will be download content like damage models
- reworked AI from ground up
- driving: standard and professionell (kaz calls out for pros)
- for crashing into other players - there will be a shitload of options in online races for that""

Metalmurphy said:
You should read FightyF post carefully next time. Specially this part:
"It's not going to take you out or anything, but the guy coming up on the inside will bounce his nose off your side, pointing him in the right direction and he'll still carry all the speed he had."

Again, that happens alot irl.

And what makes you think penalties won't happen online? GT4 had penalties when you hit someone... +:
I'll wait and see how the game handles this at the end of the year, theres just something about the way GT has always handled collisions that feels so non simulated and unnatural, never evolving.

FightyF

Banned
Metalmurphy said:

I understand that, but obviously there is a limit as far as what sort of speeds they can hit you at. Secondly, the guy hitting the other car will slow down, and not bounce off and have their car steered in the proper direction automatically.

I'll wait and see how the game handles this at the end of the year, theres just something about the way GT has always handled collisions that feels so non simulated and unnatural, never evolving.

Well, in HD it wasn't really addressed, but that could be because you didn't face other vehicles. But to see it in action in HD, just go up to a railing and then stop with your front bumper right against the rail. Now steer right and left without accelerating. :)

BTW, for some reason I never considered the following...

Will this game be free like HD? Will it be a discount priced game?

Mobius 1

Kittonwy said:
It's so nice to see someone trying to drive the perfect line instead of running into the dirt like the folks at gamespot.
Indifferent2.gif

I was actually surprised he even turned the TCM and ASM off :lol

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
FightyF said:
I understand that, but obviously there is a limit as far as what sort of speeds they can hit you at. Secondly, the guy hitting the other car will slow down, and not bounce off and have their car steered in the proper direction automatically.

Well, in HD it wasn't really addressed, but that could be because you didn't face other vehicles. But to see it in action in HD, just go up to a railing and then stop with your front bumper right against the rail. Now steer right and left without accelerating. :)

BTW, for some reason I never considered the following...

Will this game be free like HD? Will it be a discount priced game?

Will probably be about $40 bucks.

i just came from the crusin' wii thread.

now i see this...:lol

i saw enough of GT5 prologue, now i wanna hear it! i hope they got rid of those terrible squealing tires and also revamped the engine sounds

TEH-CJ

Banned
seattle6418 said:
i just came from the crusin' wii thread.

now i see this...:lol

i saw enough of GT5 prologue, now i wanna hear it! i hope they got rid of those terrible squealing tires and also revamped the engine sounds

Going by the new trailer they have :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Seeing all these garage shots actually makes me really curious as to what PD might do in Home, and for a GT space there. Obviously it won't look as good, but they could have a really neat garage-style setup for their Home space, with screens showing race footage etc. A step toward that "GT World" they've talked about.

nofi

gofreak said:
I thought a photo of a sign at Leipzig had it down for Nov? I presumed that was for Europe..

Yeah, I saw that too. It's probably in this thread. I was just relaying the news, but that's not Reeves saying it will be out on December 15th, it's him saying it wiil be out by December 15th.

I'm still hopeful for October.

Top Bottom