• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

Luckyman

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Wtf? Why are you in here blurting all of this bullshit?

You sound like an angry fanboy. stfu.

The reason we know all of this info is because mags and sites have interviewed him and he's told us that much.

Really? Looks like that info has gone unnoticed for a lot of people then.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Luckyman said:
You sound like an angry fanboy. stfu.

Really? Looks like that info has gone unnoticed for a lot of people then.

Angry? I get easily annoyed with morons like you.

bud

wow, i can't believe they're still using that same annoying tire screeching sound that they used in gt1 and never changed/updated since.

bud

i'm amazed, really. the first one came out in 1997 and gt5:p will come out this year, 2007. in the ten years have passed, did they never think ''wow, this actually sounds pretty annoying, maybe we should record new sounds.''

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
bud said:
i'm amazed, really. the first one came out in 1997 and gt5:p will come out this year, 2007. in the ten years have passed, did they never think ''wow, this actually sounds pretty annoying, maybe we should record new sounds.''

Aren't tire screeching sounds annoying in real life?

bud

no, they're not. i love the sounds of tires screeching but i don't like it when a tire screeches in gt.

VonGak!

Banned
bud said:

I know that Bud is just joking and that he isn't this dumb for those who doesn't I just want to point out that GT uses engine sounds recoded straight from the cars and with each installment the array has been widened.

But some people still think that cars sound like they do in HollyWood movies. :D

Cedeo

Looks amazing, the only annoyance for me is that it looks like his hands are moving and not the wheel, as though the driver is just carresing it, might just be me.

bud

VonGak! said:
I know that Bud is just joking and that he isn't this dumb for those who doesn't I just want to point out that GT uses engine sounds recoded straight from the cars and with each installment the array has been widened.

But some people still think that cars sound like they do in HollyWood movies. :D

i wasn't even talking about the engine sounds

jet1911

VonGak! said:

bud is talking about the annoying tire screeching sound though. ;)

edit: zomg too late

Holtz

ME0000863455_2.jpg

So awesome. I love the look they achieved.

Metalmurphy said:
Lol @ the HOME integration lol. That's pretty neat :p I wonder what car it will be.

If I had to guess, i'd say it was going to be a Ferrari or one of the cars Kaz owns. The car on the cover of GT4 was the Ford GT which Kaz had just bought at the time.

nice news, i wanna see and try new phisic of professional mode

g25 supported! good!
but , perrehaps i wait for new gt wheel!!!
i ve to look the price before :D

Goldrusher

Metalmurphy said:
Lol @ the HOME integration lol. That's pretty neat :p I wonder what car it will be.

Probably any car.

Just like the garage in GT4...but accessible with your avatar / character in Home.

hyonoid

GT 5 Prologue to feature car damage and improved AI

The creators of GT5 Prologue have confirmed that the GT franchise is to receive car damage effects for the first time in its history, GT5 Prologue is also promised to feature improved AI and better game physics. The game is set to be released in Europe and Japan sometime this year, while a rough North American release date yet to be confirmed.

quote:

We also got a bird's eye view of the Lotus Elise convertible from the same model year which he took out for a spin on the familiar Suzuka Circuit. This probably won't come as a surprise, but Kaz was pretty good at playing Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The one curiosity I noticed was that he steered with the D-pad, not the analog stick. He told me to chalk it up to habit, having learned how to play his own game on the original PlayStation, before the controller became the analog stick-equipped DualShock.

Hardcore racer will be pleased to learn that GT5 Prologue will also add a new level of mastery for expert drivers, with a Professional driving physics option. Apparently, fan requests for a more intense driving experience led to the change.

Also at the behest of fans is a working damage model, one of unspecified depth. We didn't see Kaz run into anything during our session, so it was hard to tell if the game features the system in place yet. When asked about the new built-from-the-ground-up AI code and the option for car damage, Yamauchi indicated that CPU controlled drivers are aware of the new penalties for playing "bumper cars." With up to sixteen cars on the track, they need to be aware of each and the danger of spinning out when one comes in contact with another.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20087

4xm46rs.gif

Rufus

Also at the behest of fans is a working damage model, one of unspecified depth.
"Unspecified depth" could mean a lot of things, though. I wouldn't hype this up too much, really...

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Whatever it means, i'm sure it will be better than that 5 second penalty. I've destroyed 2 controllers and punched a hole in my wall because of that one game mechanic.

This quote is simply awesome for this thread :D

Andre Vrignaud (Microsoft) (Oct-06) said:
"99% of PS3 titles will natively render at 720p; the few that come out with 1080"x" support are either going to be simple classic arcade ports that don't need to render complex scenes... Or will give up a lot of in-game visual effects and simply won't look very good (hence the poor showing of Gran Turismo "HD" at this past E3)"

Wollan

Actual car damage won't show up before GT5 but there will be an early version of a updated physics mode available in GT5P? Also, very wise move to have GT5P on disc as well.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
VonGak! said:

GT sounds have always been their one weak spot imo. This is the only area where forza will always win.

Ryudo said:
GT sounds have always been their one weak spot imo. This is the only area where forza will always win.

Not if they're going to be using the engine sounds from the trailers, which is highly likely. With that said, they should be aiming to surpass NFS engine sounds, as they're king.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
"99% of PS3 titles will natively render at 720p; the few that come out with 1080"x" support are either going to be simple classic arcade ports that don't need to render complex scenes... Or will give up a lot of in-game visual effects and simply won't look very good (hence the poor showing of Gran Turismo "HD" at this past E3)"

pwnd

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
SolidSnakex said:
Not if they're going to be using the engine sounds from the trailers, which is highly likely. With that said, they should be aiming to surpass NFS engine sounds, as they're king.

I 100% agree Solid....I don't know what EA is doing and why nobody else can match them, but the NFS engine sound samples are the best in the biz, bar none.....forza 1-2 doesn't even come close...but, then again, neither does GT....

J-Rzez

Ryudo said:

Most likely... i mean... Polyphony will never upgrade their sounds, now especially since the machine is a monster in the sound dept and there's more than enough space :p

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
SolidSnakex said:

Its the only missing key to the puzzle imo. Whilst i agree NFSU sounds great, it sounds very ... "hollywood" and over the top.

kleegamefan said:
forza 1-2 doesn't even come close...but, then again, neither does GT....

Forza 2 is the current becnhmark imo. Saying they dont even come close is a bit of a joke. Adding a race exhaust drastically changes the cars sound, even an engine block upgrade changes the dynamics.

J-Rzez said:
Most likely... i mean... Polyphony will never upgrade their sounds, now especially since the machine is a monster in the sound dept and there's more than enough space :p

I know thats tongue in cheek, so i'll give you a pass :)

Top Bottom