• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

paskowitz

We should do a Ferrari (458) vs Mercedes (SLS) vs Mclaren (MP4-12C) race at Monza (chicane) next Saturday at our normal race time of 7-8pm GMT. All cars would be performance balanced. Race length would be the normal ~40min.

I do not know if people are up for this but I would be nice to get a race going. For me at least I have about 2 more weekend before college starts and I lock my PS3 away for at least a month.

Dibbz

Wow that was epic. Amazing job. I would have liked to see a couple more of the close finishes put in there but otherwise phenomenal. What was the song BTW? When GT6 comes out we need a trailer like that to kick of NRL.

Metric - Gold Guns Girls (Mike Shinoda Remix). Even since I heard that tune a few years back all I could think about was making a GT trailer with it. Thought they lyrics of "Is it ever going to be enough" went well with GT :p

Already paid for it self :p

*edit* lol @ Metalmurpy

Ahhh so sorry MM. I'll have to sort that out.

Also yeah I was going to mention I had a little treat in store for GT5 when you mentioned it in the gif thread but I thought it'd be better to have 0 expectations :D

So happy everyone is enjoying the video. It really helps to show how much fun we have managed to have as a community on GT5 even if there were some headaches along the way.

Niks

wow Dibbz, thats really awesome.

Looking back, we had some great races, with a lot of variety in cars all around. That must have taken quite a while to put together?.. the result is outstanding.

Great job!

offshore

Buy GT5: Academy Edition, win a day of driver training at Silverstone and trip to Le Mans 24.

GT Academy-themed GT5™ special edition includes exclusive in-game competition

GT5™: Academy Edition, a new, special edition of Gran Turismo®5 due for release on 26th September, will offer buyers the chance to enter an exclusive competition(1) - the GT Academy Challenge. The prize will be for seven gamers to follow in the footsteps of the GT Academy alumni for a day of intensive driver training at the world-famous Silverstone Circuit, home of the GT Academy Race Camp. The best driver on the day, judged by Silverstone’s top team of instructors, will then be invited for a VIP trip for two to the famous Le Mans 24 Hours race in June 2013 - a race in which two former GT Academy champions, Lucas Ordoñez and Jordan Tresson, raced in 2012.

The GT Academy Challenge competition will be exclusively open to purchasers of GT5: Academy Edition from 00:01GMT on 01 January, 2013 and will run until 23:59GMT on 31 January. One winner will also be chosen from a live competition being held on the Nissan stand at the Paris Motor Show from 29 September to 14 October, 2012. The six winners from the in game competition and one winner from the Paris Motor Show will then travel to Silverstone in March. One eventual lucky winner of the Silverstone competition, and a guest, will then travel to the Le Mans 24 Hours in June as VIP guests of GT Academy partner Nissan.

As well as the exclusive competition, purchasers of GT5: Academy Edition will receive a 25% discount voucher for the online Gran Turismo® Boutique.(2)

Mush

What's up Mush! I thought some crazy NZ spider or jellyfish had gotten you!
You're thinking of our Australian neighbours. They're the ones with all the crazy deadly shit. ;)

Also, I need more news about the Academy Edition. I really hope it contains more than Kaz's GTR. :/

(Mike Shinoda Remix)
WYtIu.jpg

Seriously, very nice video Dibbz =)

Dibbz

Thanks everyone. Happy you all like the video.

I tried to switch up the cars as much as possible to try and get as many people in but my god some of the lag I saw was crazy. Especially some of the earlier replays I had. They really did a good job in trying to iron out most of it out in the patches though but it's not perfect yet.

Toxa

Join us tonight

Scion FR-S Event

YXEcf.png

gran-turismo-FRS.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1347735600z0.png

Allowed cars:

Scion FR-S​

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Confort Soft​

Tyre Selection
Confort Soft​
Track:
Motegi East
Laps:
TBA
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (4 / 16):
  • 01 - KaizorPenguin
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Sleeplessnights
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - chillumchilla
  • 06 - l2ounD
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 6pm GMT
Lounge reset - 6:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 7:00pm GMT
Race start - 7:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules: Car balancing may change between now and the start of the race. In addition the Mclaren MP4-12C may be added to the car list if a proper balanced tune can be found to compete with the SLS and 458. I may also choose to do a PP check.

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Apparently the 2012 24h Nurburgring GT-R is gonna be exclusive to the GT Academy edition. Bummer.

Should be dupe-able shouldn't it?

Speaking of which, is the last round GT Academy 2012 car dupe-able?

If it's going to be at TGS then we could find out about it as early as Tuesday. That's when Famitsu leaks start rolling out, and they generally get the scoop on several of the major TGS announcements.

spats

I can already picture a scan of a two-page spread with the GT logo plastered on a Vita screen and the text EL CAPITAN sitting in the middle of a bunch of japanese kanji.

amar212

I can already picture a scan of a two-page spread with the GT logo plastered on a Vita screen and the text EL CAPITAN sitting in the middle of a bunch of japanese kanji.

I really, really, really do not want anything GT related on Vita at this point. First we need at least 10 new tracks with variations added to GT5 and plethora of new options introduced. Including complete new Tourist Trophy DLC with full GT5 integration as a separate mode on the title screen.

And then they can release a Vita game or whatever they want.

I really couldn't care less about GT on Vita, and yes, I have said it.

Dead Man

God that would be a kick in the teeth.
I really, really, really do not want anything GT related on Vita at this point. First we need at least 10 new tracks with variations added to GT5 and plethora of new options introduced. Including complete new Tourist Trophy DLC with full GT5 integration as a separate mode on the title screen.

And then they can release a Vita game or whatever they want.

I really couldn't care less about GT on Vita, and yes, I have said it.

I vote amar212 for CEO of Sony. Change we can believe in.

Top Bottom