• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

amar212

Just note how Motegi DLC is not part of the Academy Edition.

BTW I am amazed with crazyness regarding codes. SCE is not loking good for that, people are very, very pissed.

Dibbz

Damn looks like Sony really fucked up with this release. The way GT5 handles DLC is just weird. What is the reason for having to activate the DLC in GT5 apposed to letting PSN sort it out like every other game?

brentech

Damn looks like Sony really fucked up with this release. The way GT5 handles DLC is just weird. What is the reason for having to activate the DLC in GT5 apposed to letting PSN sort it out like every other game?
PD thought the Konomi ID system for mgs4 was so cool.

Toxa

it's the same since the beginning, why complaining now ?

Dead Man

it's the same since the beginning, why complaining now ?

Because he didn't have to use it? Or because he just had to use it again? Or it is the topic of conversation?

Why do some people in here seem to want to tell people when it is okay to discuss a subject?

Probably for the same reason people tend to bang on the same topics over and over again as if they didn't get enough attention the first time.

Afaik the game is still the same.

amar212

Can't wait for that screentear.

There will be none.

In 2008 they demoed Prologue running in 1080p/240fps as well as 4K/60fps.

RAM and VRAM are not a bottleneck here.

Spats, please take as many pics as you can and please do the overview if you be able to, thank you in advance.

spats

There will be none.

Spats, please take as many pics as you can and please do the overview if you be able to, thank you in advance.

I'll do that.

There will be none.

No bottlenecks if you use four consoles. They should have that shared system resource in update 2.09, 120fps with 2x PS3 :drool

How does it work anyway - are all four consoles rigged up to a pc/devkit or to each other over lan?

I'm guessing it's the same as the multi screen setup. The game is pretty much running at an higher horizontal resolution that way.

Although the TV only gets 1 input so I'm not sure.

spats

I would buy another PS3 for 120FPS 1080p GT5.

As would a bunch of other GTPlanet members and other internet rich people. Don't think they'd set any hardware charts on fire, but they would sell more hardware if they patched in something like that, guaranteed.

paskowitz

How would that work? HDMI can't do 1080p @ 120FPS.

I currently have three PS3's (1 fat, 2 slims) and would love to be able to hook multiple consoles up to improve frame rate and resolution.

Isn't there a newer HDMI protocol that can? Also I think each PS3 would be linked via ethernet and then wiz bang zoom 1080p@120fps?

As would a bunch of other GTPlanet members and other internet rich people. Don't think they'd set any hardware charts on fire, but they would sell more hardware if they patched in something like that, guaranteed.

Getting a used PS3 for $100 and an extra copy of GT5 ($20) does not make me a rich internet person.

spats

Isn't there a newer HDMI protocol that can? Also I think each PS3 would be linked via ethernet and then wiz bang zoom 1080p@120fps?

Getting a used PS3 for $100 and an extra copy of GT5 ($20) does not make me a rich internet person.

I was half joking. :p

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-academy-edition-included-in-new-super-slim-ps3-hardware-bundle-for-europe/

Although not widely announced by Sony, Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition has been included in one of the Super Slim’s new European hardware bundles. Priced at £249.99 in the UK and €299.00 elsewhere, the bundle also includes a copy of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

gt5-academy-bundle-300x300.jpeg

Sadly no, HDMI 1.4a doesn't support 1080p @ 120hz.

It's also the reason why a lot of the 4K discussion is redundant. Max 4K refresh over HDMI is 30hz which as we all know, is no good for GT games.

LTWood12

I'm not really into racing games, but GT5XL is for sale for 15.99 free shipping on Newegg. For a racing noob do you think it's a good place to start?

waypoetic

Banned
FUCK IT! That last Nascar challenge is impossible. I can get past the red car that's in front of me from the start but the rest of the group justs zzzzooooooooom (!) and they're gone.

offshore

FUCK IT! That last Nascar challenge is impossible. I can get past the red car that's in front of me from the start but the rest of the group justs zzzzooooooooom (!) and they're gone.

Are you running the whole race or just restarting immediately after losing them, because if you just keep going, you'll catch them back up again.

conman

Are you running the whole race or just restarting immediately after losing them, because if you just keep going, you'll catch them back up again.
Not in my experience. If you lose your drafting opportunities early on, you're f-ed. Getting gold in this challenge was, for me, all about the first half lap. If I could nail my initial drafts and passes, I was golden. If not, I was hopelessly behind. Also, figuring out how to draft on the banks without losing speed to tire friction is key. Once I could make all of that happen perfectly, I was flying into the lead position.

So trying to update GT5 i ended up getting six messages of a download error.

I did the only thing i could do, and i deleted the game data. Over 10 gigs of data... I know i will have to dowanload everything again, but with my current crap connection (2mb) it´s gonna be a huge pain.

No HSV for me for a while :(

offshore

Ouch, sorry seattle. But look on the bright side, missing out on the HSV means you're sparing you ears from listening to the monstrosity that is PD's sound recreation...

Getting gold in this challenge was, for me, all about the first half lap. If I could nail my initial drafts and passes, I was golden.

Yeah, as long as you keep in reasonable line with the 48 on the corner, once you get on the back straight you should easily catch up. It confused me ages ago because I kept restarting right after losing the pack, as I thought I'd never catch up. But once I let the race go on I found you'd catch them up on the back straight/corner.

So trying to update GT5 i ended up getting six messages of a download error.

I did the only thing i could do, and i deleted the game data. Over 10 gigs of data... I know i will have to dowanload everything again, but with my current crap connection (2mb) it´s gonna be a huge pain.

No HSV for me for a while :(

2mbps or 2MB/s? I found it strange, when I got Academy Edition the fucking game installed the whole data AGAIN eventough I already had the data installed from GT5.

offshore

Wondered if PD had tweaked that challenge again, but just tried it out a few times and caught them all up again straight away, so, shrug.

Was good to see Zombie Jeff Gordon again though. Long time.

Jilt

What's that. A guy making it? You mocking me? I saw the video and i've done like 10 retry's and NOPE.

Is that after the last lap?

Sorry m8, thought it would help you! Drafting is the trick here, without bumping into the wall or other cars, but that's the hardest part I guess....

Top Bottom