• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

JWong

Banned

0510_rvufy.gif

Dibbz

Oh god that looks amazing. Sony or PD really seem to be acknowledging the need to improve sounds in GT but I really do hope it is something that we will be getting at launch.

2SeeKU

Looks good. I like the fact they have the correct sponsors on the track.

Could have had some Aussie V8's though...

JP

I like the way Polyphony isn't just building tracks like they used to and everybody else does, now they build the whole environment and that makes everything feel far more solid.

That was impressive. But I wish Polyphony would put more effort into the game - what you see and hear when actually playing GT - than photomode and replay. Tens of beautiful screenshots and wonderful replay cam video doesn't make up for low frame rates, tearing and poor sound in game.

I know many developers highlight their game at its best, no problem with that. But the finished game shouldn't be some sort of concept/advert what the future might hold. I'd love a new GT game that was as good as the first one. It was - dare I say it - balanced.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Looking forward to playing it.

Does anyone know if they will have any V8 supercars in the game or are they only in Forza?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm always blown away by the tech in PD's trailers. I know it's replay mode but it's still crazy impressive. I'd love for them to try their hand at something other than GT someday.

Yes. The handling model and a smooth framerate should be priority one. And other nice to have features should bend to those aims. Recent iterations have felt the gameplay was a secondary consideration to the game's considerable beauty.

Gestault

This gives a fantastic "sense" of the location. I know this is cleaned up and really not a close representation of how it'll feel hands-on, but I have to nod at PD's talent. Top tier work all around, regardless of the hardware.

bud

their trailers are so classy. i genuinely think that polyphony are at the top as far as video game trailers are concerned.

does anyone else feel that there's this focus on engine sounds more than in any other trailer they've released?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does it have any Australian cars, or just the track? Seems odd to see all that exotica driving around it.

Is it me but are those 3D trees?

Haha, that was one of the most impressive things about the video.

Looks good, hope they have some iconic Australian cars to go with the track. Brocky's Torana would be great. Actually, come to think of it were there any Australian V8s in that video?

their trailers are so classy. i genuinely think that polyphony are the top as far as video game trailers are concerned.

does anyone else feel that there's this focus on engine sounds more than in any other trailer they've released?

Must be the song they chose to contrast the engine sound. Other than that all gt clips have crazy engine sounds, but they have yet to top the skyline peeling out in the gt1 intro.

Top Bottom