• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Amir0x

Banned
ucOz1ya.png

Please, Lord in heaven, deliver us a sequel.

I'd work eighteen jobs and buy six PS4s.

RaikuHebi

Banned
their trailers are so classy. i genuinely think that polyphony are the top as far as video game trailers are concerned.

does anyone else feel that there's this focus on engine sounds more than in any other trailer they've released?
Not just trailers. The in-game ui always has a classy feel about it too.

I like the way Polyphony isn't just building tracks like they used to and everybody else does, now they build the whole environment and that makes everything feel far more solid.

Assuming the Russian leak from yesterday is accurate, a big reason why you're seeing them build environments instead of tracks is due to us being able to modify any tracks through the Course Maker in GT6.

Gestault

Time change too! From the looks of it.

That's how you do it.

I'd love to see full-range Time-of-Day for all newly created tracks. I know it changes the process of building them, and some fantasy tracks are designed with a specific setting in mind, but the idea of a little extra "something" for endurance races just sounds exciting.

benzy

Assuming the Russian leak from yesterday is accurate, a big reason why you're seeing them build environments instead of tracks is due to us being able to modify any tracks through the Course Maker in GT6.

I think they mean any track that they've created in the course creator, not real world tracks, considering Kaz mentioned they will provide course creator tracks if they don't get the course creator working in time.

Does it have any Australian cars, or just the track? Seems odd to see all that exotica driving around it.

There will be 3 Australian cars in GT6, carried over from GT5. Sadly they are standard cars (PS2 models):

Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 ’00 (V8 Supercar)
Holden Commodore SS ’04
Holden Monaro CV8 ’04

PD need to at least add the VF Commodore and the FG Falcon, or the HSV/FPV versions of them.

Yes. The handling model and a smooth framerate should be priority one. And other nice to have features should bend to those aims. Recent iterations have felt the gameplay was a secondary consideration to the game's considerable beauty.

Uh, the handling was by far GT5's strongest point while on the technical side it really dropped the ball. Unless ridiculously low res shadows and alpha textures, cars straight out of the PS2 games and screen tearing are your idea of considerable beauty.

nib95

Banned
Sublime. Polyphony are masters of trailers and evoking driving emotion. Side note, I sure hope GT6 has those kinds of sound effects in game.

Uh, the handling was by far GT5's strongest point while on the technical side it really dropped the ball. Unless ridiculously low res shadows and alpha textures, cars straight out of the PS2 games and screen tearing are your idea of considerable beauty.

The handling wasn't. Polyphony has admitted the edge of grip handling wasn't good enough. Yamauchi himself said cars shouldn't be that hard to drive. Hence the work gone into a proper tire model for gt6.

I meant beauty in the sense of photomode and replays. GT5 seemed like a software kit for making adverts for GT and not a game. At launch anyway.

The handling wasn't. Polyphony has admitted the edge of grip handling wasn't good enough. Yamauchi himself said cars shouldn't be that hard to drive. Hence the work gone into a proper tire model for gt6.

True, it wasn't perfect, and yet it was still it's strongest point and very good. And when GT6 comes out, he's gonna say something else isn't good enough, and work on it for GT7. Nothing new.

Also, he never said the cars shouldn't be that hard to drive. He said if you replicate it perfectly, then it becomes easier, because driving in real life is easy (according to him). There's nothing hard about GT5, go play something like rFactor, GT Legends or pCARs (for the wrong reasons) and then you'll see what's hard.

Gestault

Ok, I reached the nitpicking stage with those promo shots:

EN9qpuUOL8DE

What the heck is with the trees half-submerged in the ground, and the impossible shadows?

benzy

They placed the better looking trees close to the track that you'll actually see. Those trees down the hill are the usual 2d trees, I doubt you'll see them unless in photo mode.

FIST PUMP!!!

Video seems to confirm time of day can be manipulated on Mount Panorama...
God... i've wanted Bathurst in GT6 ever since I learned the track playing Toca Race Driver 1.

JP

I'm still not convinced of the authenticity of that rumour. I do hope it is true though. :)

It is actually pretty incredible how great GT5 looks next to F5 considering one is next-gen and the other is current gen.

It looks great in trailers. GT always looks great in trailers. The actual game itself is another matter.

Not just trailers. The in-game ui always has a classy feel about it too.

By classy you must mean something out of the 1990s. The in game UI in GT5 is one of the ugliest I've had the displeasure of using. Really hope they've redone it completely for GT6.

I just hope we get at least ONE V8SC to play around with, even if it's an Altima.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe we'll get the VF Commodore and FG Falcon road cars as DLC. The chances of there being any new Australian cars at launch is very slim I think.

SURPRISE ME PD

Majanew

Banned
Looks great. Especially considering the hardware. Polyphony understand realistic lighting. And Day/Night transitions --ahem-- that's how you do it, competition. I'll be skipping GT6, but will be anxiously awaiting GT on my PS4. Game will look even more amazing.

Amazing trailer! What's the deal with those engine sounds? Piped in, or are those the long awaited new ones? ... or am I an idiot and those are the same ones :)

Amazing trailer! What's the deal with those engine sounds? Piped in, or are those the long awaited new ones? ... or am I an idiot and those are the same ones :)

More realistic sounds dubbed over the actual sounds from the game, I'm afraid.

I think anyone expecting a significant improvement in sounds from GT5 to GT6 will be sorely disappointed.

Top Bottom