• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

commedieu

Banned
5gttYav.gif

Hey everyone!

Has anyone explained the BLACK SOFT BORDER that is apparent in the corners of the screen during, i don't know, it seems quick camera pans. It was evident in the new engine with the GT Time Trial, its even in this gif. The side of the screen squishes in with a soft black border.

Edit;

Look as the alfa passes us.

commedieu

Banned
They guy is filming his TV with a camera that is comparable to a potato.

Nahh, its on the Academy Time Trial. Saw it on my TV. Look at left of the frame, the black border happens at odd places. When the car is drifting, and its almost in the middle of the frame, you'll notice the black line.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah, that's because it's off-screen footage and the camera is obviously changing brightness and contrast levels automatically as it records. Has nothing to do with the game at all.

cormack12

Gold Member
I need GAF to help me like GT :/ So my history isn't really that great with the GT franchise, I'm not a hardcore and I don't think I picked up a release prior to GT5 on PS3. Coming from the likes of PGR etc. I was kinda like 'WTF is this?!' when doing the license tests. I threw it by the wayside.

Anyway fast forward about a year ago I bought it again for like £4 from local blockbuster and to be honest I can see the appeal now but some things bug me and I just want to know if they are staples of the franchise or GT5 was just not the best showcase. GT6 looks amazing.

My main problems with GT5 were:

AI: Admittedly I'm still only on the second level up on C License but I have no desire to sort of complete the C class. The AI driving is just boring, it's just like a small snake chain and I have no problem breezing past them on corners, with little collision.

Speed: Everything feels like I'm crawling.

I tried the GT6 academy/demo and it was actually a lot better but I'm not sure if the full game will still be as above........thoughts? Maybe it's just not for me?

Niks

Nahh, its on the Academy Time Trial. Saw it on my TV. Look at left of the frame, the black border happens at odd places. When the car is drifting, and its almost in the middle of the frame, you'll notice the black line.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about.
Noticed it immediately on the academy TT. Its pretty distracting at first.. kinda like a vignette effect. Dont know why it happens though.

Gestault

That vid's old, but still beautiful. I was actually just talking about how the density of smoke and dust effects tends to be understated in most racing titles. That's one area GT6 seems to nail particularly well. I do wish the smoke paid a little more attention to the car body (I don't like how it seems to just clip through).

ibftwm7Qy82Zms.gif

commedieu

Banned
Yeah, that's because it's off-screen footage and the camera is obviously changing brightness and contrast levels automatically as it records. Has nothing to do with the game at all.

If you put your finger on the bottom left corner of the gif, as the car passes, you see a large black line ease over, then ease away, you can actually see it on the right side of the frame as well. This is what I was experiencing while playing. I chalked it up to a different post effect being put on the final frame, but no. Its nothing to do with the camera balancing the exposure. Its literally a black bar on the side of the screen.

Little niggle, but its definitely in the time trial build, and most live footage I've seen.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about.
Noticed it immediately on the academy TT. Its pretty distracting at first.. kinda like a vignette effect. Dont know why it happens though.

Yeah, it wasn't 'on purpose' enough to be the standard GT vignette. thus the query.. heh. I'm not mentioning it as if its a big deal, was just curious if its been mentioned.

im sure it will be fixed for my gt7 edition ps4 purchase..

benzy

Wax managed to capture it in one of his screen grabs. It seems to be an issue with the motion blur? Cause it's not there during gameplay

gtacademy2013_666fse0.png

That vid's old, but still beautiful. I was actually just talking about how the density of smoke and dust effects tends to be understated in most racing titles. That's one area GT6 seems to nail particularly well. I do wish the smoke paid a little more attention to the car body (I don't like how it seems to just clip through).

There's some GT5 footage from old presentations that shows the smoke reacting to the body of the car. I think they got the system developed but there's just no power left to handle it.

Hey guys there is a new thread with all the cars listed and everything! New trailers too!

=D

EDIT:... how the fuck did I get that link? Oh well.

Top Bottom