• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Niks

No problem, I will never do it again. Thank you for your kind words. It was really known all around and totally a false hype. Sorry.

Dammit, now I feel bad.
Didnt mean to sound so harsh.. dont take it to heart amar ;)

Yamauchi explained better as will the presence of Senna in the game. According to him, the player will be able to experience the early years of career Senna Kart to Formula 3. For the period of F1, is still unclear.

Well, this could mean we are getting F3 cars? They are always fun.

The missions will be based on important moments in the life of Brazilian idol where the player must fulfill certain tasks to be successful.

Senna missions. hmm in GT5 Jeff Gordon and Vettel did voicework for their respective NASCAR and X1 missions, wonder how that will work with Senna.

Anyways, Im calling it now, of the missions will be "lap everyone in the rain".

patchday

I must've been really out of it I missed this thread

That trailer looks sweeetttt :)

I dare say that looks bout just as good as Forza 5. Could be the massive Gran turismo fanboy in me talking no doubt. You know what- that was probably photo mode

[edit] Grrrr, it says 'concept video' although I think the actual vids on other tracks look just as good

So, what exactly would Polyphony need to continue past 87?

A partnership with McLaren?

Senna will feature in the 50th episode of their crappy Tooned series:

@McLaren F1

Guess who's the star in the next episode of #Tooned50 ?
BXRq0g8CEAA6dki.jpg

6:49 PM - 23 Oct 13

Maybe he cut a deal for his image rights when he joined the team.

It's nailed on that Forza 5 will have these McLaren cars and Senna.

ruttyboy

After the hilarity of the GT5 launch where we knew so little about the game prior to release that rumour and confusion was rife, they're going to let it happen again aren't they?

With just over a month to go, we don't really know anything about GT6 outside of a tracklist and some vague, easily misinterpreted bullet points and comments.

I wonder if it releasing so close to next-gen is going to calm down the craziness or it will amplify it so we get panicked madness on a scale that makes GT5's release look calm and considered?

AndyD

aka andydumi
After the hilarity of the GT5 launch where we knew so little about the game prior to release that rumour and confusion was rife, they're going to let it happen again aren't they?

With just over a month to go, we don't really know anything about GT6 outside of a tracklist and some vague, easily misinterpreted bullet points and comments.

I wonder if it releasing so close to next-gen is going to calm down the craziness or it will amplify it so we get panicked madness on a scale that makes GT5's release look calm and considered?

I don't think we will hear much. It's the GT style. But it won't be as obvious with everyone focused on the new consoles.

Mobius 1

A partnership with McLaren?

Senna will feature in the 50th episode of their crappy Tooned series:

Maybe he cut a deal for his image rights when he joined the team.

It's nailed on that Forza 5 will have these McLaren cars and Senna.

Hopefully not exclusive so we don't end up with a other bullshit situation like the GT5 Top Gear debacle.

I might hit the jackpot when i boot the game only to discover that there are leaderboards like the ones in GT5 Prologue.

Imagine that.

I have so many ideas for the carrear mode tough, i would like PD to hire me. I would keep Sunday Cup, Clubman and stuff for nostalgia efect, but with so many types of racing, Senna, Vettel, Gordon, Loeb, Tsuchya, Krumm and a few others they could do so many amazing things it´s not even funny.

Something that can change the fact that when you enter a race, it looks like the same thing everytime.

ruttyboy

I might hit the jackpot when i boot the game only to discover that there are leaderboards like the ones in GT5 Prologue.

Imagine that.

I have so many ideas for the carrear mode tough, i would like PD to hire me. I would keep Sunday Cup, Clubman and stuff for nostalgia efect, but with so many types of racing, Senna, Vettel, Gordon, Loeb, Tsuchya, Krumm and a few others they could do so many amazing things it´s not even funny.

Something that can change the fact that when you enter a race, it looks like the same thing everytime.

That's the thing, they could spring anything on us and we'd have no idea. It makes it a little exciting, but mostly frustrating...

If I've been keeping up with it all the only comment we have had about single player is that XP is gone, that's it! They could have put in a beach volleyball mode starring Kaz and Translator-san and we wouldn't know until we boot it up, it's madness.

Pallie

Banned
One thing's for sure- I hope they fix the clutch modeling in GT6. I bought a PS3 just for GT5 recently, and was really disappointed in the poor way the clutch was implemented in the game. I really found the driving itself to be a notch above the Forza series, but only being able to use the paddle shifters because the clutch was so bad it made using the H shifter a pain to use was really a downer.

Also, how can a game of this magnitude and reputation not have leaderboards? I mean really?

Djie

Neo Member
Dunno if it was already posted. But Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary edition will be packed with The Last of Us and a PS3 500GB Super Slim for €299,-. Source

GT6_LOU_PS3_500GB_1DS.png

So where are all the Brazilian Kaz interviews?

"First we will include the tracks that he used to race on kart and maybe the tracks and cars from Formula 3. Later, on Formula 1, the first races that he made a pole position. I hope to be able to include the majority of these events for the players to enjoy, or even racing against Ayrton".

Maybe and hope don't fill me with confidence. We're getting karts, Interlagos, Suzuka NSX challenge, overalls and helmet.

for senna fans, the only thing i want out of this deal is some classic grand prix action in gt6.

if they include this content it means we're getting estoril and imola, two tracks which were in gt5 prologue's weather widget.

antonio_banderas.gif

Mobius 1

McLaren released the new episode of Tooned and it features Senna, which confirms that they have the rights to his image.
I hope that this won't get in the way of Polyphony creating content.

Also noticed that GT6 has a prominent spot on the Tokyo Motor Show page... although the show takes place in late November. I was hoping for more news before, but my take is that Sony doesn't want anything distracting from their incredible PS4 marketing machine.

Edit: Kaz drove that C7 like a professional. Classy fellow.

McLaren released the new episode of Tooned and it features Senna, which confirms that they have the rights to his image.
I hope that this won't get in the way of Polyphony creating content.

Also noticed that GT6 has a prominent spot on the Tokyo Motor Show page... although the show takes place in late November. I was hoping for more news before, but my take is that Sony doesn't want anything distracting from their incredible PS4 marketing machine.

I doubt a short animated show will make a difference. I imagine they have to get permission from his family anyway. The bigger issue as far at GT6 is concerned is getting the cars that Senna drove.

Dibbz

New screen from the GT facebook account

891971_36211860059208fqcll.jpg

They just will not give up. They will not stop until they simulate real life. It just blows my mind. Where does the drive come from? Every single product they ship is an improvement on the last. GT after GT after GT. That mind set, It's clear they crunch like crazy to get the games out but they must take immense pride in their work for them to keep pushing these games as far as they can.

for senna fans, the only thing i want out of this deal is some classic grand prix action in gt6.

if they include this content it means we're getting estoril and imola, two tracks which were in gt5 prologue's weather widget.

antonio_banderas.gif

All the tracks from the widget are coming, it's just a matter of time.

I'm thorn on the possibility of recreating Imola 1994. Don't know if i want to go there, and i don't know how can they handle in a way that's not tragic. Maybe doing a what if scenario?

Honestly don't know if i want that race or not.

his last pole position was at imola so they can dodge the race scenario and do some sort of pole challenge, then end the mode with a tribute polyphony style.

i wonder if they saved a senna themed trailer for the brazilian gp weekend?

and ffs when are sony going to blow their gt6 load?

Niks

Maybe this game is getting a stealth release, like those cheap $40 first party PS3 games.

It's hilarious how little we've seen of this game. It reminds me of the GT5 launch, which was all kinds of terrible.

It is kinda weird, each day that passes, we are getting closer to PS4 release date, any announcement will be overshadowed by the PS4.

Maybe the game will be delayed?

_machine

Well we're about a month away from the launch so I'm guessing the marketing push should start soon; most games don't really push the launch before about a month before the release so that the average consumer holds the interest in the game and now's the release is just around the corner. That said, I have no idea if Poly/Sony aren't simply pulling a rather poor marketing strategy (especially given how good they are at creating promo material).

amar212

7 years in and we're still at 299. Pretty crazy, imo.

From what I know, the price of PS3 will continue to be at pretty high level for all its time on market.

The components for the PS3 are expensive, from CPU, to today rare RAM to custom GPU that is produced only for PS3 under special conditions. As I was told, Sony simply can't make a significant slash there nor it will ever be able to. Some cut will happen eventually, but apparently never as low as were PSone and PS2 Slim.

From what I know, the price of PS3 will continue to be at pretty high level for all its time on market.

The components for the PS3 are expensive, from CPU, to today rare RAM to custom GPU that is produced only for PS3 under special conditions. As I was told, Sony simply can't make a significant slash there nor it will ever be able to. Some cut will happen eventually, but apparently never as low as were PSone and PS2 Slim.

I don't see how it's more custom than the GS or the EE in the PS2, both of which were only manufactured for the PS2, as far as I'm concerned.

And by the way, it wasn't meant to be a jab at Sony. It was more of a comment on this generation. It's the same with Microsoft. Both manufacturers try to make as much money as possible and you can be sure as hell that both divisions need it.

panty

What's the story with the GT Porsche there? Need more info.
Dunno if it was already posted. But Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary edition will be packed with The Last of Us and a PS3 500GB Super Slim for €299,-. Source

GT6_LOU_PS3_500GB_1DS.png

That's pretty damn good value, TLoU and GT6.

Stoooooop!

What do you mean Stop? :/ Kaz said that they are working on it as we speak (In an interview that was posted on GT Planet). Said it may be patched in after release.

Anyway, I had a feeling I'd seen it before. Someone needs to wake up GT Planet and tell them to remove it from the news section :p

Anyway:

5gttYav.gif

What's the story with the GT Porsche there? Need more info.

sony france prked a porsche cup car at the gt booth for the paris game show.

- no porsche in forza
- kaz confirming that polyphony are working with other game companies
- kaz and sony thrashed out a deal with ea
- porsche unveiling new car at the tokyo motor show
- porsche gt6 announcement coming later this month
- confirm amar...

what are we getting tomorrow other than the winning car?

Top Bottom