• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Mobius 1

I should be home in time to help liveblog/translate the proceedings.

I would like to stop thinking of a PD trailer with Senna in it. That'd be too much for the heart.

I should be home in time to help liveblog/translate the proceedings.

I would like to stop thinking of a PD trailer with Senna in it. That'd be too much for the heart.

Is it just me or everytime there's a Senna flashback in my mind there's also Galvão Bueno's voice?

Man, i knew Kaz liked Senna, i bet as a young boy in Japan he was a fan of him.

So which is a better preorder bonus, the $1MIL credits from Amazon, or the car pack from GameStop?

I have to admit, I like the GameStop game case better.

My body is ready.

tooned_senna_002.jpg

Mobius 1

"Ayrton, Ayrton Senna do Brasil!"

Unfortunate for me that it's also seared on my brain what he said outing the fatal crash... "Senna bateu forte". I could describe in detail what I was doing then. Sad day. But I digress.

I agree... Senna was popular in Japan, Kaz must have lived some of that.

"Ayrton, Ayrton Senna do Brasil!"

Unfortunate for me that it's also seared on my brain what he said outing the fatal crash... "Senna bateu forte". I could describe in detail what I was doing then. Sad day. But I digress.

Kaz has said that Senna "has to be" his favorite F1 driver.

Ayrton Senna in Gran Turismo 6 through chance to live his career.

I don't know, it sounds pretty great to me, maybe I am strange.
Did they mention that at the presentation? I might have had the sound off for 30 seconds tops.

What did I miss? All I saw was the Senna edition PS3 + DLC with 25 tuned cars and a million Gran Turismo bucks. And the portion of worldwide proceeds going towards the foundation.

My thoughts exactly :))

Ayrton Senna in Gran Turismo 6 through chance to live his career.

I don't know, it sounds pretty great to me, maybe I am strange.

It does, I just thought we'd actually get to see something. Not worth the loss of 2 hours of sleep.

Did they mention that at the presentation? I might have had the sound off for 30 seconds tops.

What did I miss? All I saw was the Senna edition PS3 + DLC with 25 tuned cars and a million Gran Turismo bucks.

Ayrton Senna special edition in Brazil where a portion of the sales will go to the Ayrton Senna Institute, and some sort of Ayrton career mode in the game that will be updated online.

amar212

What did I miss? All I saw was the Senna edition PS3 + DLC with 25 tuned cars and a million Gran Turismo bucks.

Translator-San? :)

It will come later as DLC and it will last long. It is part of the special partnership of Sony and Ayrton Senna Institute and Kazunori's dream come true to portray Ayrton's life and career through the game.

It will probably come in "phases", dependable of the licensing deals, at this point we only know about Senna's early years being officially announced.

However, it will not come in the launch, probably sometimes around some Spec update.

The Institute thing is great and all but I would have like to have seen some gameplay with Ayrton, maybe some MP4/4 footage or something.

Man, I feel like I was watching a different presentation. I listened to Kaz talk about transferring vibrations, but I heard zero about a career mode, phases, early years, online updates or any of this.

I mustv'e zoned out or something. I've lost time!

What day is this?

ruttyboy

Translator-San? :)

It will come later as DLC and it will last long. It is part of the special partnership of Sony and Ayrton Senna Institute and Kazunori's dream come true to portray Ayrton's life and career through the game.

It will probably come in "phases", dependable of the licensing deals, at this point we only know about Senna's early years being officially announced.

However, it will not come in the launch, probably sometimes around some Spec update.

But do we know what it actually is amar? I mean, is it new cars we haven't seen before, new game modes, new events or what?

benzy

If we get to play through his career then surely we're going to get his F1 cars? Interlagos as a future DLC track?

Mobius 1

Kaz touching the helmet enclosure hit me right in the feels.

Looking forward to what comes out of it. A career mode depicting Senna's life would be fucking spectacular.

We'd best get Donington Park and Interlagos as DLC too.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5354623.html?t=gt6

On October 24, 2013 at the SCEA Press Conference held in São Paulo, Brazil, we have announced a long term partnership with the "Ayrton Senna Institute" non-profit organization, and the "Gran Turismo" PlayStation Video game series.

In the PlayStation exclusive game title "Gran Turismo®6" to be released on December 6, 2013, content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be provided through online updates, enabling players to trace the roots of Ayrton Senna's racing career.

“For us, it’s very special to have Ayrton as the main highlight of Gran Turismo®6. It represents victories that Brasil won far beyond just the sport. It's the Brazilian spirit, perseverance among challenges, and victory achieved through great effort. Ayrton also represents the creative intelligence, courage, and solidarity with friends and strangers. These are values that we Brazilians cultivate and saw represented in the figure of that champion, which added to this a meticulous technique," said Viviane Senna, the sister of the late triple champion and president of the Instituto Ayrton Senna.

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo, who presented the game at the press conference added "Ayrton Senna has always been my hero, and I'm honored to be able to work as a partner with the Ayrton Senna Institute which has carried on his legacy. If it wasn't for Ayrton Senna, I don't think the video game, Gran Turismo, would ever have been developed. Nothing makes me happier than to relay the gratitude of Ayrton Senna Foundation, to all the players of Gran Turismo®6."

About the Ayrton Senna Institute
The Ayrton Senna Institute is a non-profit organization established in 1994 by Ayrton Senna's sister Viviane, who carried on the hopes and dreams envisioned by Ayrton Senna before he passed away. The programs of the Senna Institute aim to have as many children as possible learn skills required for living successfully in today's society. And at the center of that education is the effort to raise the literacy level of the children. Since its establishment, schools supported by the Institute has spread to approximately 25% of the cities in all of Brazil, giving over 17 million children an opportunity to receive education directly, and the Institute has trained over 750,000 teachers with their educational programs. In schools supported by the Senna Institute, education is performed using curriculum and textbooks prepared by the Institute.

Niks

No trailer no nothing?
lol why am I not surprised...

also, amar, next time please curb your enthusiasm. Its great that you give us some "insider" info, but dont build false hype.

So, seriously, did they mention any of this during the presentation and I just missed it? Or is what little information we have about this career mode coming from other sources?

amar212

also, amar, next time please curb your enthusiasm. Its great that you give us some "insider" info, but dont build false hype.

No problem, I will never do it again. Thank you for your kind words. It was really known all around and totally a false hype. Sorry.

ruttyboy

So, seriously, did they mention any of this during the presentation and I just missed it? Or is what little information we have about this career mode coming from other sources?

Other sources. They didn't go into any detail at all at the conference.

No problem, I will never do it again. Thank you for your kind words.

Ignore him amar, it wouldn't be GT without the false hope! ;D

benzy

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...6-mostrara-os-inicio-da-carreira-de-senna.htm

Interlagos will be a future DLC track. Looks like we might not get Senna's F1 cars considering PD doesn't even know if they can include his F1 career.

translate said:
During a press conference held on the evening of Thursday (24) Kazunoru Yamauchi, creator of the series "Gran Turismo" confirmed: a pilot Ayrton Senna will be playable in "Gran Turismo 6" and Interlagos track will also be present in the simulator.

"Interlagos is a racetrack that was important in the life of Senna, it is important that this circuit is present," said the creator.

Yamauchi explained better as will the presence of Senna in the game. According to him, the player will be able to experience the early years of career Senna Kart to Formula 3. For the period of F1, is still unclear.

"I still can not confirm whether we have the life of Senna after this period as the Instituto Ayrton Senna only owns the rights to his image until 1987," he explained. The missions will be based on important moments in the life of Brazilian idol where the player must fulfill certain tasks to be successful.

Unfortunately Senna is the only Brazilian driver to be present in the game. Yamauchi said the reason for and just said "Senna is our favorite driver."

Viviane Senna, the sister of the celebrated pilot and president of Instituto Ayrton Senna took the stage during the presentation to reveal a partnership between Sony and its organization. Part of the proceeds from sales of the new world game from Polyphony Digital will be donated to the Institute.

"Gran Turismo 6" will be released on December 6th. In Brazil Game Show, which takes place in Sao Paulo from 25 to 29 October, fans will have the opportunity to test the racing game exclusive to PlayStation 3.

According to him, the player will be able to experience the early years of career Senna Kart to Formula 3

icalledit.gif

I still can not confirm whether we have the life of Senna after this period as the Instituto Ayrton Senna only owns the rights to his image until 1987

So wouldnt that mean they can include at least his F1 stuff from '84-'87? (Obviously leaving out the glorious McLaren years, but better than nothing)

Since this is a long time partnership, I guess we'll see how it plays out in the future.

icalledit.gif

So wouldnt that mean they can include at least his F1 stuff from '84-'87? (Obviously leaving out the glorious McLaren years, but better than nothing)

Since this is a long time partnership, I guess we'll see how it plays out in the future.

Who knows who owns the rights to Toleman. The Lotuses shouldn't be a problem at all. You see them everywhere. The one-off Mercedes 190E race at the Nurburgring (GP) should be a gimmie too.

@SSX The McLaren historic F1 license which may or may not be tied up with Simraceway. PC-only? Don't know.

The Williams of course wouldn't be appropriate.

I could describe in detail what I was doing then. Sad day. But I digress.

I remember the day in vivid detail too although I was only 11 at the time. I had been karting after the race and came home to the tragic news, that night I was so distraught I had to sleep in my parent's bed.

Ayrton's following in Japan was huge, especially with the Honda partnership that started at Lotus ... watching the Japanese TV presenters almost unable to announce his death at the end of the Senna documentary hits me every time. :(

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-not...6-mostrara-os-inicio-da-carreira-de-senna.htm

Interlagos will be a future DLC track. Looks like we might not get Senna's F1 cars considering PD doesn't even know if they can include his F1 career.

I wonder who owns the rights to his image from 1987 onwards? ... McLaren Animation have used his likeness in their pieces so it could still be a possibility?

I would be gutted if the MP4/4 - MP4/8 didn't make an appearance in GT6 but hopefully we can still have the Williams [first F1 test], Toleman and Lotus cars he drove, along with the karts and F3 vehicles.

I am super hyped though.

@SSX The McLaren historic F1 license which may or may not be tied up with Simraceway. PC-only? Don't know.
I've mentioned this a couple of times now but whatever happened to the Senna sim that Reiza were meant to be producing - the first image they used to promote the announcement ... an MP4/6 ...

I've mentioned this a couple of times now but whatever happened to the Senna sim that Reiza were meant to be producing - the first image they used to promote the announcement ... an MP4/6 ...

It's still planned but on hiatus due to, what I imagine, are licensing issues. Probably the same ones :) They did comment on it recently however, and said yep, we're still planning on doing it. Just don't know when.

Top Bottom