• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Kalamari

I saw both GT6 and Forza 5 at PAX, and honestly they looked pretty comparable from a distance. I couldn't say which one looked significantly better.

I hope this game is good. I would really like to see some drifting footage, that would get me really hype.

Racer1977

PD have confirmed they're working on an all new sound engine, but it won't be ready for GT6.

This will be the first GT I've passed on, bought the rest day one. I'm all in with PS4 now, but I do expect something from PD next Christmas, not GT7, hopefully GT7 Prologue, or at least a new GT Academy demo.

skynidas

Banned
QzPcN.gif

so good

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
PD have confirmed they're working on an all new sound engine, but it won't be ready for GT6.

This will be the first GT I've passed on, bought the rest day one. I'm all in with PS4 now, but I do expect something from PD next Christmas, not GT7, hopefully GT7 Prologue, or at least a new GT Academy demo.

Latest comment on engine sounds from PD which isn't much:

GTP: On the subject of things which may come after release, you recently mentioned that engine sounds will most likely be changed in an update after the release of GT6. As you know, that’s a big area of interest to many fans out there – can you explain how difficult it is to create satisfying engine sounds, and why it is such a big project?

“We’re still in the process of making the engine sounds, so I’d rather wait and comment on that after it is complete.”

Dead Man

Gah. Wankers. While working on that sound engine, fix the current one. It's not that hard to do, some of the cars sound great already. Just swallow your pride and admit they suck and fix them up. I don't care how realistic they think it sounds, it sounds like shite and utterly fake.

Mush

Gah. Wankers. While working on that sound engine, fix the current one. It's not that hard to do, some of the cars sound great already. Just swallow your pride and admit they suck and fix them up. I don't care how realistic they think it sounds, it sounds like shite and utterly fake.
It's more down to the limitations of the PS3, if that interview that Zlork is to believed.

So, we already have excuses for GT6 engines sounds. That means another 3 GT releases of shit engines sounds based on their previous track record. Pretty sure every GT ever releases has had, "new improved super realistic sounds." Yet, still inexcusably bad.

PD = faking engine sounds for their trailers to mask pathetic in game sound
SimBin, iRacing, and others = Release trailers that are solely showcasing in game engine sounds.

If GT6 didn't have Bathurst, I would not be buying it and it would be the first time ever. This series is bordering on unsalvageable due to stagnation. GT7 is going to have twice the pressure GT5 did on it. We immediately got the "future proof" model excuses for GT5 with the standards/premium saga, we still don't have 100% premiums by the end of PS3. If GT7 doesn't bring everything that has been promised for the last 8 years and then some, I think it will kill this franchise dead. Well, at the very least for me.

It's more down to the limitations of the PS3, if that interview that Zlork is to believed.
Bulllllshiiiit. It is just they put zero priority into engine sounds. It is PD's limitations. You could give them 18 PS4s chained together and they would waste it on some H-Spec driver mode or something else.

Dead Man

Yeah, not buying that. Other games have good sound, there is no excuse other than PD not thinking it is important enough to put resources into.

malyce

Bulllllshiiiit. It is just they put zero priority into engine sounds. It is PD's limitations. You could give them 18 PS4s chained together and they would waste it on some H-Spec driver mode or something else.

LMFAO! Sadly this is true. Kaz seems to not know where the fuck he wants to take GT. Hopefully GT6 has more direction, GT5 was all over the fucking place. He said the PS4 is a "blank canvas" so he can miss me with the hardware limitations bullshit for next gen GT. There better be 2 real world tracks/month for DLC, no more helmets and racing suits or that B-Spec driver borrowing mess. Utter garbage Kaz, we want tracks, if I wanted an RPG i'd buy pokemon.

They need all 4 (or 5) of the V8 Supercar models in the game!

I just made a list of what I think would be cool (and somewhat realistic):

Ford FG Falcon "Jeld-wen FPR Ford" #18 '13
Ford FG Falcon "Pepsi Max Crew FPR Ford" #6 '13
Ford FG Falcon "Wilson Secruity Racing" #12 '13
Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo '12
Ford XC Falcon Cobra "Allan Moffat Racing" #25 '79
Holden LX Torana A9X SS "Holden Dealer Team" #5 '79
Holden VF Commodore "Holden Racing Team" #22 '13
Holden VF Commodore "Red Bull Racing Australia" #1 '13
Holden VF Commodore "Team TEKNO V.I.P. Petfoods" #7 '13
Holden VF Commodore SS-V Redline '13
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG "IRWIN Racing" #4 '13
Nissan Altima "Norton Hornets" #360 '13

I picked the V8 Supercar teams at random, any of them can be included really. Ideally you'd want 16 individual cars.

witness

Great trailer but the fact that engines still sound like vacuum cleaners and that there are still standard cars without full interiors means I am skipping out on this release.

Megatonne

Banned

GT6 seems like an updated GT5+GT7 prologue. They said GT7 wouldn't take very long to come out. They are obviously going to re use all the cars from GT5 and on. It just takes them way too damn long to model each car from scratch

So, we already have excuses for GT6 engines sounds. That means another 3 GT releases of shit engines sounds based on their previous track record. Pretty sure every GT ever releases has had, "new improved super realistic sounds." Yet, still inexcusably bad.

PD = faking engine sounds for their trailers to mask pathetic in game sound
SimBin, iRacing, and others = Release trailers that are solely showcasing in game engine sounds.

If GT6 didn't have Bathurst, I would not be buying it and it would be the first time ever. This series is bordering on unsalvageable due to stagnation. GT7 is going to have twice the pressure GT5 did on it. We immediately got the "future proof" model excuses for GT5 with the standards/premium saga, we still don't have 100% premiums by the end of PS3. If GT7 doesn't bring everything that has been promised for the last 8 years and then some, I think it will kill this franchise dead. Well, at the very least for me.

Brutal..............................................................................................but true.

And yea, I'm buying the game... Ii have to, it's got Bathrust. Between it and the Nordschleife, the only thing i've have left to ask for is the E30 & E36 M3.

oh yea, and better engine/exhaust sounds.

spats

Beautiful. The GT6 GT Academy time trial demo was great and everything, but I sincerely hope that we won't have to wait too long for for a proper next gen entry from Polyphony Digital.

Putty

I see a few of the usual suspects hating already. No surprise there then.

As someone said earlier, I think I will also be skipping due the PS4 being in the house! My only hope then, is that something PS4 related is revealed sometime next year. I'd take an updated version of this on PS4 until a true next gen version. So I'd happily have constant 60fps, 1080p, nailed on shadows, high quality AA and AF and higher precision lighting. Man it would be spectacular! Lord only knows what a full on next gen version would be like!!!

jambo

I hope you realise that's just some concept art and not what the car will look like. It looks like something out of the DTM.

It will look something like that, as both the concept and the V8 Supercar are based off of the S60.

Great to see there's day-night ... I really prefer to drive on tracks that feature that now in GT5, so the more of those the merrier.

waypoetic

Banned
Two things i wish GT6 had: realistic car sounds and a nice first person mode where you actually move with the car you know.

Arklite

Two things i wish GT6 had: realistic car sounds and a nice first person mode where you actually move with the car you know.

As long as it tries to do realistic visual vibrations and jolts and not go overboard with the blur like NSF Shift does.

Zen

Banned
Not from what I've played of GT6.. I can't stand GT5 but the demo for 6 (technical issues aside) sold me twice over. The feeling of driving is fantastic and huge step up from how sterile GT5 is.

Top Bottom