• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

l2ounD

znwltb.png

sandoj.png

hrgaud.png

twhzql.png

bfagax.png

gjfhwc.png
Daaamn... How did you get those cockpit shots? Looks amazing!

To those who are familiar with racing simulation, does this game have a good physics system and tire model?

If it helps anyone for reference, I think Assetto corsa is my fav right now.

Well my PS Plus update email for April informs of the Beta sign up with a link, I'm in UK, so I guess the Beta will be hitting here soon in April.

Does not work. It says something about your name not being registered. Tried with network off too.

How to make it work with your Canadian account is to create a separate US account on your PS4, use it to redeem the beta code and then use your Canadian account to launch the game.

I was or am relaxed. Just seems you don't like the game that much. It may be a beta but I don't think there are going to be any huge changes unless they surprise with some damage.
I read your posts twice, but I still don't know what you want.

Is Gutterboy44 supposed to formulate his concerns in a less negative way? Is he supposed to shut up and leave if the game is not what he hoped to be and not allowed to discuss his opinions? Do you want to confront him on "hey, this is not iRacing, not for you and it doesn't need to be for you, so don't mention all the ways in that it's not iRacing over and over again" but haven't collected the evidence on the iRacing-fanboy front yet? Or do you just want him to admit openly that he doesn't like GT and is bitter the franchise and there is no real reason behind the criticism?

Damn, this sounded more passive aggressive than I wanted it to be.
What I mean is: I really, honestly, don't know what you want, maybe say it more directly, then I'll either see "ok, hey, the man got a point" or "that's a pretty crappy opinion".

I love, love, love PD's mastery of lighting and attention to detail with car models. They are in a class of their own and I will happily grab my GT fanboy hat and defend that till my fingers go numb. In fact, despite the sorry technical state the game was unveiled in, GTS runs much better than the previous two entries despite being in beta. Just so everyone is satisfied that I don't defy the GT gods, the screen shots and gifs are amazingly life like. GT has been delivering those incredible shots since GT5. So as anyone familiar with this franchise would expect of the first game on new hardware, they knocked it out of the park with the visuals. So what is the next big bullet point of this release? The Sport in GT Sport.

I don't need GT to be iRacing, in fact I would much rather a GT7 that focuses on an extensive campaign that blend multiplayer, track days, touring, real life coastal and mountain passes, etc and not just a pure racing game on real world circuits. GT has always been aces in the driving experience, and adoration of the automobile. But... PD decided to try to be more like iRacing and announced GT Sport. GTS' online mode has already copied three important features of iRacing. Driver classes, sportsmanship rating and focusing on scheduled class specific races that match make using the data from the former two. So yeah, since they clearly have set their target on iRacing or even iRacing-lite it is fair to compare it against the gold standard in competitive online racing sims. If anything I have been handling GTS with kids gloves if we actually want to do more direct comparisons to what PD envisions GTS to be and the state it is in. (Even this has been muddied since reveal. First it was pure online competitive and not GT7. Then language changed to kind of imply it is basically GT7 and it would have a campaign mode.)

I am ready to be surprised. I am already happy that as of the beta, frame tearing and frame rate issues are minimal to non existent. They clearly made improvements from the unveil event. That is great, but let's not pretend everything is good to go for launching this game. Slick menus and jaw dropping lighting is really great, but it is not what they need to nail down to make this game achieve PD's own aspirations of making GT into GT Sport.

Nope. Replays don't have HUD.
You just using the regular share button? PNG or JPEG? I took some screens but haven't even looked at them yet.

If there are no FOV options, can you at least still move your seat in the cockpit view like in GT5/6?
I don't remember what the option was called, "standard", "narrower" and so on?

Love that they are doing so high detail on all the different dashboard displays. Also good that they just leave the center console display off instead of - what games usually do - just show the manufacturer logo or rear view camera. Option for "map" on the center console would have been cool if you turn the in-game HUD off entirely, but not really important.

horkrux

I really don't like the chase cam in this :/ It's locked to the direction your car is facing for the most part which I find really jarring when turning.

Man, another GR.3 car unlocked for my daily. I really want a non FF GR.4 car to take around the ring.

Oh and for those in the beta, the online race times changed as of today.

Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm PST
Sat-Sun 1pm-7pm PST

Not really thrilled with the times moving even earlier. I'll barely have a chance to race online now as my free time is later in the evenings.

bombshell

Man, another GR.3 car unlocked for my daily. I really want a non FF GR.4 car to take around the ring.

Oh and for those in the beta, the online race times changed as of today.

Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm PST
Sat-Sun 1pm-7pm PST

Not really thrilled with the times moving even earlier. I'll barely have a chance to race online now as my free time is later in the evenings.

Those earlier online test times could be indicating that they're preparing to roll out the beta in EU, so they've made them a bit more EU friendly. Or that's what I wish! :)

The 2D trees are way too ugly. If those were fixed, I think I'd be floored by this game graphically. But as it stands, they are way too detracting for me.

fbutron

I love, love, love PD's mastery of lighting and attention to detail with car models. They are in a class of their own and I will happily grab my GT fanboy hat and defend that till my fingers go numb. In fact, despite the sorry technical state the game was unveiled in, GTS runs much better than the previous two entries despite being in beta. Just so everyone is satisfied that I don't defy the GT gods, the screen shots and gifs are amazingly life like. GT has been delivering those incredible shots since GT5. So as anyone familiar with this franchise would expect of the first game on new hardware, they knocked it out of the park with the visuals. So what is the next big bullet point of this release? The Sport in GT Sport.

I don't need GT to be iRacing, in fact I would much rather a GT7 that focuses on an extensive campaign that blend multiplayer, track days, touring, real life coastal and mountain passes, etc and not just a pure racing game on real world circuits. GT has always been aces in the driving experience, and adoration of the automobile. But... PD decided to try to be more like iRacing and announced GT Sport. GTS' online mode has already copied three important features of iRacing. Driver classes, sportsmanship rating and focusing on scheduled class specific races that match make using the data from the former two. So yeah, since they clearly have set their target on iRacing or even iRacing-lite it is fair to compare it against the gold standard in competitive online racing sims. If anything I have been handling GTS with kids gloves if we actually want to do more direct comparisons to what PD envisions GTS to be and the state it is in. (Even this has been muddied since reveal. First it was pure online competitive and not GT7. Then language changed to kind of imply it is basically GT7 and it would have a campaign mode.)

I am ready to be surprised. I am already happy that as of the beta, frame tearing and frame rate issues are minimal to non existent. They clearly made improvements from the unveil event. That is great, but let's not pretend everything is good to go for launching this game. Slick menus and jaw dropping lighting is really great, but it is not what they need to nail down to make this game achieve PD's own aspirations of making GT into GT Sport.

You just using the regular share button? PNG or JPEG? I took some screens but haven't even looked at them yet.

Yes we can understand your frustation about the first or second post, please skip the game and go play Forza Horizon or DriveClub so you can play with online events and arcadey feeling maybe that is more for you...

All the points that you mention about the intensive campaign was already done in previous GT and was justificable critiqued to be not as accesible to all the people, (do you even play them?? 24 hours of realtime Nurburring (I bail out at 8 hours even taking turn with a friend)

So considering that the franchise is the best selling car-racing simulation (in my opinion the best also) it has to cater to diverse people, they even showed back in 2016 of footage of children playing on some modes of the game.. so this change in going for that, to be a more inclusive game and more fun comparing online times and racing so as mentioned before maybe the game is not for you...

IKizzLE

I really don't like the chase cam in this :/ It's locked to the direction your car is facing for the most part which I find really jarring when turning.

The worst possible chase cam. Like, GT is literally the only racer now that has this with no other option.

IKizzLE

Yes we can understand your frustation about the first or second post, please skip the game and go play Forza Horizon or DriveClub so you can play with online events and arcadey feeling maybe that is more for you...

All the points that you mention about the intensive campaign was already done in previous GT and was justificable critiqued to be not as accesible to all the people, (do you even play them?? 24 hours of realtime Nurburring (I bail out at 8 hours even taking turn with a friend)

So considering that the franchise is the best selling car-racing simulation (in my opinion the best also) it has to cater to diverse people, they even showed back in 2016 of footage of children playing on some modes of the game.. so this change in going for that, to be a more inclusive game and more fun comparing online times and racing so as mentioned before maybe the game is not for you...

Lmao....huh? Did you even read his post? What are you even saying? Forza Horizon or DriveClub? I don't even know what your answering right now. I think his point went entirely over your head.

And I don't think YOU understand what PD is going for with GT Sport based on your last paragraph and equating quality to sales is ALWAYS a terrible argument that gets shredded online, especially at sites such as this.

Newboi

Are the trees and foliage still just 2D billboards? They look that way from the replay videos.

Anyway, the game looks visually stunning so far. Hopefully the gameplay and sound will continue to evolve as much as the visuals.

Top Bottom