• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Mascot

Just smashed my time at Brands in the HMS Mustang and it disconnected me! Muthaf-

Oh, same for everyone then? Is a reboot required?

Following the another car it was warping all over, not great 1st impression of the netcode

It won't get better either, warping and server disconnects have been a GT online staple ever since the GT4 online beta.

I still can't believe they're basing the game around this shit with their online track record 😂

Dragnet

Loving the game, but networking is pretty wobbly right now.

Cars jittering across the track like drunk drivers, dropping out of a full matchmaking session to another only to end up in a 1v1, and now the servers are down.

Come on PD!

Mascot

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle, I'd forgotten how much I hate racing against pad users, constantly twitching all over the place like junkies after their next fix.

Half the pack was teleporting too.

dracula_x

4l2T0mp.gif

XUaxXpC.gif

Oof, sorry to EU people with server issues. I had a few disconnects my first night in NA wave 2 with similar issues but no problems for two weeks since. Not sure why there's such a step backwards.
Jesus H Christ on a unicycle, I'd forgotten how much I hate racing against pad users, constantly twitching all over the place like junkies after their next fix.

Half the pack was teleporting too.
Though you won't get away with people on a DS4, getting up a grade an with an SR to even 25 will get you a lot better racing, since that'll filter out people who crave contact. The ghosting is a weird feature which is an attempt to not crash out cars that are being rear-ended and I assume it's trying to calculate speed difference if someone brakes early or dives too deep, but it can be abused a bit. There's virtually no way to actually predict when it'll kick in, though. I'm a fan over it overall because though I've lost a few places because of it it means those races haven't been completely ruined for me by an idiot.

Thanks EU, you've gone and killed the beta!!!

On a positive, the Dragon track is fantastic. A few minor tweaks and it will be perfect. They really need to make the double chicane section jr. swimming pool. I'd like to see the fat rumble strips right up to the barriers. No way you are cutting the corner then! Managed a 2:03.152 with stock Evo and only gear ratio tuning. Def another second or two I can squeeze out of the car and some corners. You can be super aggressive on some of the curbs. I hope I get to race on this track tonight. Please PD, keep dragon going!

PS - Almost forgot. As for the FFB in GTS. It is all over the place and it depends on the cars. I went through and tried all my cars and some have super solid great feeling FFB, others feel like you are driving a kids toy. So yeah, seems to be some place holder FFB settings. Or bugs. Who knows. It is very inconsistent right now. The brake sensitivity is also all over the place. The Audi TTS you breath on the brakes and they lock up. The Evo I can stand on them 100% until the very low speed, like 2nd gear and even then they barely lock.

Edit: Double booo!!! You can't unlock daily cars with the servers down. Weeeeeeak. I hate you EU!!!

Well I managed to finish work early and got to do a qualifying lap in my Ford Focus ST 15 on Dragon Trail and then as the match was about to start the servers died lol

Graphics arw really nice though on PS4 Pro. Trying to get back in another game now.

Oh! If you're getting particular error codes or messages, you're encouraged to go on the beta forums and upvote people who have posted it already. Also, if the game crashes, do the submit picture+video error report.

Top Bottom