• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

dr guildo

mmMC4Nc.gif

Real life ?! Is this a joke ?

farisr

Replays are definitely 60fps on the pro. I captured some 1080p/60fpsfootage and I posted the links a while back
The vids are 60fps and I counted​ 60 unique frames per second.

Anyways, I haven't gotten to an actual race yet so don't know how the framerate holds up with multiple cars on the screen in replays. But oddly enough, I've had slight framerate dips in-game on the ring, when it's just me on the track that people don't seem to be experiencing at least from what I read.

Putty

Missing the smears / smudges from Driveclub car windows. :( It's like the glass is not even there.

Not the best car to see but you do see reflections of the dashboard ...and it quite prominent...And remember DC is 30fps so they can chuck more eye candy around...

JamboGT

I ran a 6.54 in the GTR but that was on my 2nd flying lap, I reckon I can go sub 6.50 pretty easily with a couple of changes and taking the Karussel properly...

Really want a Group 4 GTR, they can just bully you!

Feel free to add me on PSN, JamboGT there as well.

Putty

I ran a 6.54 in the GTR but that was on my 2nd flying lap, I reckon I can go sub 6.50 pretty easily with a couple of changes and taking the Karussel properly...

Really want a Group 4 GTR, they can just bully you!

Oh god yes!

Feel free to add me on PSN, JamboGT there as well.

Added...

hesido

No, it slows down quite a bit when a number of cars are on, but i've also had slowdown on the Oval with just my car...

Oh, I see. Can't view the videos so I thought it was smooth 60fps.

What? How do you come to that? Replay mode means you have extra resources to spend and that's why replay mode more and more looks way better than gameplay. The implication goes the other way - if Pro would be able to hit 60 fps with extra bells and whistles, it can do that easily in replay mode.

I think I get what you mean but I meant this, the replay looks way better than gameplay and it ran half the frame rate, but in pro, if it was hitting 60fps in the replay, it could do so with those also in the game once they profile/optimize the game for Pro., with both replays and gameplay working at 60fps. I'm guessing the extra bells and whistles on is GPU bound.

But judging by Putty's remark, I predict we may just see a resolution upgrade, and maybe native 4K 30fps replay. Who knows what they'll opt to do.

ValfarHL

God dammit, the beta made my buy a Thrustmaster T500 with the shifter and a Gamepod GT2 sport seat.

GamePodGT2-SPORT1.jpg

Mine is red though.

Its gonna be glorious!

magawolaz

https://abload.de/img/gts485stz.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/gts5lsspu.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/gts6ylss5.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Beautiful. I love this new track, it's perfect for hotlapping.

P.S. if you upload gifs on imgur, Gfycat or Giphy, they'll be automatically converted to gifv thanks to [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274391"]NeoGFY[/URL] - which is a blessing for us with slow connections.

Hedrush

I was left very underwhelmed on Saturday when I gave the beta a try with controller, turned it off after 2 laps it was far to twitchy, I just couldn't get used to it at all. Then last night I saw the servers were up and pulled out my G29 and lordy lord what a difference, even though I was alone doing timetrials I ended up playimg until 3 am this morning, so good.

JamboGT

I was left very underwhelmed on Saturday when I gave the beta a try with controller, turned it off after 2 laps it was far to twitchy, I just couldn't get used to it at all. Then last night I saw the servers were up and pulled out my G29 and lordy lord what a difference, even though I was alone doing timetrials I ended up playimg until 3 am this morning, so good.

You can change the controller sensitivity, have to say I really liked it with a controller, was able to match my wheel times easily enough.

You can change the controller sensitivity, have to say I really liked it with a controller, was able to match my wheel times easily enough.

Yeah GT has always been a game where I've found pad and wheel times to be close. PD seem to spend time getting the balance just right for pad users.

God dammit, the beta made my buy a Thrustmaster T500 with the shifter and a Gamepod GT2 sport seat.
Oh man, is it already there? I really wouldn't buy a T500, the T300 makes every sim feel better than the outdated T500. The motor of the T500 was too big. Forceless a wheel should rotate without effort, a T300 can be nicely swung but can still deliver a totally sufficient amount of torque, a T500 will almost hurt your finger if you try to rotate it with your pinkie with no ffb-forces applied. This heaviness swollows nuances and with games that have FFB not derived from the fully modeled actual suspension geometry of the car, will be shit to drift. However games that do model the suspension and steering levers might loose a lot of fidelity. I've really grown to dislike my T500.
If you think that's BS, look at the TS-PC racer wheel from Thustmaster, it's quite a bit more expensive, can deliver similar forces, but has a contactless brushless motor with 30% less power - to make it feel to have less friction and weight to the wheel. They then "overclock" the motor with a new powersupply and special cooling system to deliver similar torque levels as the old T500. Sadly the TS-PC wheel is PC only and we don't really know anything official about the official GTS wheel. But really, a T300 feels great, best officially supported PS4 wheel you can buy at the moment.

AngerdX

Ohh sucks just got my Gimx for my g25 and still no code for GTS to try it out with, hmm might have to fire up DC just to test it some.

Comon Sony just give us access already! :p

Hedrush

Ah that's good to know, I didn't really have much time on Saturday so I only checked mapping.

I spent the best part of last night trying to beat your 1.29 on willow springs but couldn't get close, best I could get was a 1.33.

Do we know when the beta ends?

JamboGT

Ah that's good to know, I didn't really have much time on Saturday so I only checked mapping.

I spent the best part of last night trying to beat your 1.29 on willow springs but couldn't get close, best I could get was a 1.33.

Do we know when the beta ends?

What car are you in? Unless you are in a TT or Lancer it will be tough, they need to adjust the BoP quite a bit, both for N300 and Group 4.

Putty

What car are you in? Unless you are in a TT or Lancer it will be tough, they need to adjust the BoP quite a bit, both for N300 and Group 4.

Agree...You can be maxing your current car out but still be short of peeps above you...Unless of course they are in the same car 8)

Hedrush

I was in a Subaru WRX STI Type S all night, I only done the N300 qualifying time trial.

I got a new car a Genesis Coupe 3.8 but by that time the birds were beginning to sing outside and I had to call it a night/morning so never got to try it out.

ValfarHL

Oh man, is it already there? I really wouldn't buy a T500, the T300 makes every sim feel better than the outdated T500. The motor of the T500 was too big. Forceless a wheel should rotate without effort, a T300 can be nicely swung but can still deliver a totally sufficient amount of torque, a T500 will almost hurt your finger if you try to rotate it with your pinkie with no ffb-forces applied. This heaviness swollows nuances and with games that have FFB not derived from the fully modeled actual suspension geometry of the car, will be shit to drift. However games that do model the suspension and steering levers might loose a lot of fidelity. I've really grown to dislike my T500.
If you think that's BS, look at the TS-PC racer wheel from Thustmaster, it's quite a bit more expensive, can deliver similar forces, but has a contactless brushless motor with 30% less power - to make it feel to have less friction and weight to the wheel. They then "overclock" the motor with a new powersupply and special cooling system to deliver similar torque levels as the old T500. Sadly the TS-PC wheel is PC only and we don't really know anything official about the official GTS wheel. But really, a T300 feels great, best officially supported PS4 wheel you can buy at the moment.

Thanks for the input. I bought the wheel, pedals and shifter used for about $300 so it's not a loss in that sense.

I've read a bit about the stuff you mention, and it does make sense. A good and and accurate feel is more important than raw torque.
Some people find the smaller wheel on the T300 is an issue, but I don't think that will bother me.

Biggest problem is the pedals for the T300 sucks, and is kind of a waste of money.
I could try to sell only my wheel and find a T300 used. Not sure if that's an easy sell though.

Thanks for the input. I bought the wheel, pedals and shifter used for about $300 so it's not a loss in that sense.

I've read a bit about the stuff you mention, and it does make sense. A good and and accurate feel is more important than raw torque.
Some people find the smaller wheel on the T300 is an issue, but I don't think that will bother me.

Biggest problem is the pedals for the T300 sucks, and is kind of a waste of money.
I could try to sell only my wheel and find a T300 used. Not sure if that's an easy sell though.
Yeah, sucks that you wouldn't have flappy pedals if you just bought the T300 wheel base without the steering wheel - because the T500 rim does work on the T300 base (I mean, if you have the shifter, you could do sequential instead flappy paddle, but to never have the flappy paddle option would be stupid).
I tried 4 difference Thrustmaster ones wheel addons and the Alcantara one has the best weight/diameter and feel, but if you don't carefully clean (you know, tooth-brush, water, towel-twist rubbing) it, it will look disgusting and not feel great anymore soon. Or race with gloves most of the time.

88random

Got 6:51 on Nurburgring with McLaren 650S, traction control set on 2 and all other assists turned off. I made a few mistakes but I think I'm near my limits with gamepad. I didn't tune the car tho, too lazy for that. Also got 6:57 without TC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO9x-wmhJPg

Nurburgring is great in this game, waaay bumpier than ever and you can feel every bump, gamepad is constantly vibrating.

Redders

I have an EU code if anyone wants it, first to reply and I'll PM you. I hadn't checked my emails since last week and I won't be able to get much use out of it.

Top Bottom