• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

wilstreak

ok so gonna try this game again
anyone know what i should aim for rerolls?

there is not much to aim for outside legfest.

if you want to play in the long game, aim for top tier summon instead, right now it is Bahamut (not Proto Bahamut, lol), luciffer, Shiva, Godsworn Alexiel, Europa and Kaguya.

or try to get at least 2 SS tier character from this list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SlJBpFCqCcYnZmvy1d0mIQsriw/htmlview?sle=true#

it will be better if it comes from same element.

wilstreak

my first pull and best one so far was Ferry,Lady Gray,Ukonvasara,Ethereal Lasher
i think ima stick with that one

Ferry is good and furthermore you will get free SSR Mikazuki (first free SSR) from current event, that means you already have 2 SSR Light.

In the meantime you can leech using gbfraiders.com

Your focus should be Luminiera Omega and bring R or SR team when you leech for bonus pendant.

Ferry is good and furthermore you will get free SSR Mikazuki (first free SSR) from current event, that means you already have 2 SSR Light.

In the meantime you can leech using gbfraiders.com

Your focus should be Luminiera Omega and bring R or SR team when you leech for bonus pendant.

Normally, it's not great to advise a new player to start dark/light without some kind of disclaimer about selling their soul and mortal body to some kind of RNG deity.

wilstreak

Normally, it's not great to advise a new player to start dark/light without some kind of disclaimer about selling their soul and mortal body to some kind of RNG deity.

The thing is "dark/light is not recommended for newbie" is vastly overrated.

Sure SSR drop from dark and light is considerably alot more rarer than 4 element, but if you think about the amount of usable weapon, it become objectively not so bad after all.

All 6 element have 4 kind of magna weapon drop.
But Water (only dagger) and fire (only cane) have only 1 that is usable.
Earth (Sword and dewbranch for placeholder) and Wind have 2(gun and fist for placeholder).

Meanwhile Dark (Claw, axe and Spear for placeholder) and Light (Gun, sword and Harp for placeholder) have 3 usable weapon.
So while dark and light still worse, it is not so bad as some people claim it to be.

Plus, if you don't want to bother with using a raidfinder dark and light manga raids are far more popular, and a lot easier to get a hit on before they die.

Add me to the +150rank club
DJalEyCVoAAgEYU.jpg:small

Ugh clearing maniac tier fights is my least favorite thing to do in this game. Which seems dumb because that's the only time I have to think about what I'm doing and strategize, in other words the closet Granblue comes to a game instead of a clicker.

Ugh clearing maniac tier fights is my least favorite thing to do in this game. Which seems dumb because that's the only time I have to think about what I'm doing and strategize, in other words the closet Granblue comes to a game instead of a clicker.

I was surprised this event I could just auto through maniac. It seems way easier than previous events.

Can someone invite me to the crew Trickroom pls
In-game name Celinie
edit: oh my bad ID is 19046532
ill be on every day but its random what time
either during the day or during the night

So I've been thinking, but I'm not sure what direction to go with my Wind grid. I know everyone says just run 6-7 guns, but so far I've only been using my wind grid on-element solo with Rosetta, and I've been noticing that its hard to get everyone's hp low. Rosetta wants to get her buffs up so she'll be focusing the damage onto herself pretty much the whole fight. Add that to the huge defense buff, and I feel that I'm relying on Boss AOEs to bring my team HP down. I could sack around the first few turns to rack up damage, but that usually ends up being Rosetta getting hit for more damage with no benefit. I imagine other Wind teams don't have the same issue, but in this case I'm wondering if a fist grid is actually better. I'm hoping someone here may have some input on this. I have a bunch of renown I don't know what to do with, and Tia has been dropping fists left and right lately.

Also, anyone know if Rosetta's dagger gives the same buff values as the GW dagger?

TUSR

Banned
So I've been thinking, but I'm not sure what direction to go with my Wind grid. I know everyone says just run 6-7 guns, but so far I've only been using my wind grid on-element solo with Rosetta, and I've been noticing that its hard to get everyone's hp low. Rosetta wants to get her buffs up so she'll be focusing the damage onto herself pretty much the whole fight. Add that to the huge defense buff, and I feel that I'm relying on Boss AOEs to bring my team HP down. I could sack around the first few turns to rack up damage, but that usually ends up being Rosetta getting hit for more damage with no benefit. I imagine other Wind teams don't have the same issue, but in this case I'm wondering if a fist grid is actually better. I'm hoping someone here may have some input on this. I have a bunch of renown I don't know what to do with, and Tia has been dropping fists left and right lately.

Also, anyone know if Rosetta's dagger gives the same buff values as the GW dagger?

Rosetta dagger buff is 15/5 (DA/TA)
GW dagger buff is 30/30
Fully upgraded GW dagger is 35/35

I remember reading that it was worse like 20-25% DATA vs 30-35% DATA but it might end up being better once it gets it's FLB (Massive Attack up and may be small Trium + better ougi).

PD: Forget about what I said and read TUSR post

Gizuko

I don't have Rosetta, but tiamat gun vs fist is pretty straightforward:

According to the weapon/summon optimisation guide (enmity weapons and modifiers, for sl15), you need to be a bit over 80% HP for a gun grid to be strictly better than a fist one. Notice how little that HP req varies over the first 6-7 guns?

This is the modifier alone, though. Tiamat bolts have a nice attack stat, unlike Tia fists, which means a gun grid could reach the cut-off point (closer to 87-89%, perhaps, but I haven't crunched any numbers). This is probably the reason why Celeste Axe grids are a thing, but fist grids are largely irrelevant.

If you find yourself fighting at around 80-90% HP, go with guns, if you are overhealing and at around 90-100%, go with fists (don't!).

As for ways to enable enmity, try carrying around splitting spirit for ~50% HP cut + easier ougi.

I use one tia fist because getting 200 gun stones per gun is a lot (to FLB them) so an slight improvement sometimes is not worth the grind. Also only MC, Melissabelle and Scathacha trigger self enmity on Wind that I know.

Rosetta dagger buff is 15/5 (DA/TA)
GW dagger buff is 30/30
Fully upgraded GW dagger is 35/35

Got it. Sounds like its totally worth dropping from my grid at this point.

I don't have Rosetta, but tiamat gun vs fist is pretty straightforward:

According to the weapon/summon optimisation guide (enmity weapons and modifiers, for sl15), you need to be a bit over 80% HP for a gun grid to be strictly better than a fist one. Notice how little that HP req varies over the first 6-7 guns?

This is the modifier alone, though. Tiamat bolts have a nice attack stat, unlike Tia fists, which means a gun grid could reach the cut-off point (closer to 87-89%, perhaps, but I haven't crunched any numbers). This is probably the reason why Celeste Axe grids are a thing, but fist grids are largely irrelevant.

If you find yourself fighting at around 80-90% HP, go with guns, if you are overhealing and at around 90-100%, go with fists (don't!).

As for ways to enable enmity, try carrying around splitting spirit for ~50% HP cut + easier ougi.

So, maybe a stupid question, but does Enmity apply to each character's HP, or the total HP pool? I was thinking it was per character, so I need to drop each character's HP below 80% to see a benefit. If it is based on the total pool though, then I would have no issue. I'm only wondering now because you say to use splitting spirit for a good way to enable it. Maybe I just don't understand how enmity works in general.

So, maybe a stupid question, but does Enmity apply to each character's HP, or the total HP pool? I was thinking it was per character, so I need to drop each character's HP below 80% to see a benefit. If it is based on the total pool though, then I would have no issue. I'm only wondering now because you say to use splitting spirit for a good way to enable it. Maybe I just don't understand how enmity works in general.

You got it pretty much right.

Enmity weapon skills works individually per character as a percentage of their maximum health. It might be confusing because there are multiple instances of enmity and they might be multiplicative with each other.

For example https://gbf.wiki/Gawain his skill 2 has built in enmity that is entirely separate from the enmity that he gets from wind guns.

Also yes splitting spirit is often used by enmity weapon grids but specifically in combination with weapons like guild war dagger. Since it usually gives you 100 charge bar letting the MC charge attack and provide a party wide multi attack buff.

garath

The gun cutoff is really generous compared to fists. I haven't done an extensive analysis in a long time but at the end of the day, if you've gotten hit by an AoE then the gun grid is doing work. That high attack value is great.

The xeno weapon shifted things a little. My grid now has 6 flb guns, flb xeno, seraph and baha dagger.

You got it pretty much right.

Enmity weapon skills works individually per character as a percentage of their maximum health. It might be confusing because there are multiple instances of enmity and they might be multiplicative with each other.

For example https://gbf.wiki/Gawain his skill 2 has built in enmity that is entirely separate from the enmity that he gets from wind guns.

Also yes splitting spirit is often used by enmity weapon grids but specifically in combination with weapons like guild war dagger. Since it usually gives you 100 charge bar letting the MC charge attack and provide a party wide multi attack buff.

The gun cutoff is really generous compared to fists. I haven't done an extensive analysis in a long time but at the end of the day, if you've gotten hit by an AoE then the gun grid is doing work. That high attack value is great.

The xeno weapon shifted things a little. My grid now has 6 flb guns, flb xeno, seraph and baha dagger.

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll buy some tia guns for wind.

yippeed

Neo Member
Tried my first solo extreme quest for the event and I won't be running that for a while even though I won.

Wind team with Dark Fencer, Arriet, Yuiris, and Elta (my only wind healer to stop the bleeding during the two fodder stages). Got to the boss full CA with Carbunkle aura and toke 30-40% of its health. Got it down to 40% left but main and Yuiris was both down to one hit KO but since everyone but MC was at 100% CA so I bet it on another turn and MC died. Three chain CA and saw Yuiris do ~350k (biggest number so far), so I shouldn't have waited because if she died I would have wiped, and leaves him with 1% and only Arriet alive.

Tried the free first Extreme solo. Got wiped only taking 20% of its health.

All the events seemed too skewed for high level play. Sure I can trade for SSR Katanas but I can't get the Sakuras to LB them. Save for Damacus I guess....

I wouldn't grind Sagittarius for SR, if you have already done, yes, every SR drop/exchange is skill fodder (Except Bahamut rusted weapons)

I'm not grinding the quest really. Just running the showdowns twice daily to get the mats to buy the 1/2 Elixir so that I can run more quest. Now there is enough random stuff left over to start trading.

Xisiqomelir

All the events seemed too skewed for high level play. Sure I can trade for SSR Katanas but I can't get the Sakuras to LB them. Save for Damacus I guess....

Don't sweat it too much, both the katanas will be outclassed by Xeno Corow/Cocytus when they drop. You're only really missing out on the 50 crystal per FLB fate ep.

If you can't beat NM, I'd say just MLB the SSR katanas, get all the SR katanas (can be FLBed later with just a steel brick, and the dark one is good for sliming) and get all the pots, berries, damascus crystals and draw tix.

Saprol

Why are the slimes important anyay?

Most effective way to farm rank/exp. Getting characters to 100, earning EMP, and reaching those rank milestones for party-wide zenith bonuses past level 150. Coop also drops full/half elixirs which makes it easier on your total AP compared to a group of people individually fighting that updated slime special mission.

Rutti

Today I was able to get omega levi and celeste down to 50 for that certain MVP. I can't do it 100% of the time but still it's a nice sign of progression.

Xisiqomelir

Is the new dancer class competitive?

Dunno, I'm just unlocking it to keep the Cosmo dagger dream alive in water (RIP my Elysian Water ATK up EMPs)

EDIT: Also 1% dodge up is a great L20 mastery

EDIT2: Okay so maybe there is some busted shit happening. Classical Lead, the dancer skill 2 which unlocks after 3 rounds of combat, makes the party copy the dancer's "attack pattern". This gives A LOT of room for creativity. You can DT3 then Classical Lead and force triples. You can full chain burst, Splitting Spirit then Classical Lead and full chain burst again even with 0 meter on the other team members.

udca

Hi everybody!

I started playing a few days ago and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I need to know if I'm taking good decisions.

First of all I managed to pull Charlotta and Chat Noir. I saw that they aren't top tier, but they're the same element so I think I should be happy.

I'm currently doing the special event raid to get currency to get stuff. Since I already have 2 good water weapons, would it be useful to grab the water weapon from the raid treasure? Should I get the light weapon(s) instead? Or maybe the character?

Of course I'm talking about the SSR weapons.

Hi everybody!

I started playing a few days ago and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I need to know if I'm taking good decisions.

First of all I managed to pull Charlotta and Chat Noir. I saw that they aren't top tier, but they're the same element so I think I should be happy.

I'm currently doing the special event raid to get currency to get stuff. Since I already have 2 good water weapons, would it be useful to grab the water weapon from the raid treasure? Should I get the light weapon(s) instead? Or maybe the character?

Yes get the two characters, get the SSR weapons at least. SR weapons too, for events the https://gbf.wiki/Katsugeki_Touken_Ranbu:_Fate_Horizon new/weak players section is helpful.

Otherwise, Id strongly and highly suggest that you spend all the time these remaining 7 days hitting Levi Omega raids for the SSR dagger.

udca

Hi everybody!

Keep in mind that you have to clear Leviathan in the story and get to rank 30 before you can do the Omega Leviathan raids.

If you really just started just started, the event is probably going to be tough too. If you think you can get the SSR water katana, it will probably be the best water weapon you have for quite a while. For the light SSR katana, even one copy of it will be useful for a beginner. All of the SR katanas will probably help you out too.

If you're just starting there isn't much you can do to really mess up so don't worry about it. There also isn't a lot you can do to progress until you rank up and clear through a bit of the story.

udca

Keep in mind that you have to clear Leviathan in the story and get to rank 30 before you can do the Omega Leviathan raids.

If you really just started just started, the event is probably going to be tough too. If you think you can get the SSR water katana, it will probably be the best water weapon you have for quite a while. For the light SSR katana, even one copy of it will be useful for a beginner. All of the SR katanas will probably help you out too.

If you're just starting there isn't much you can do to really mess up so don't worry about it. There also isn't a lot you can do to progress until you rank up and clear through a bit of the story.

Got it! I'll try to get the good stuff from the raid and then focus on the story. Thanks

Is there any point in stacking weapons from a single element? I mean once your main weapon has one element you just use other weapons that have the highest ATK right?

Draxal

Got it! I'll try to get the good stuff from the raid and then focus on the story. Thanks

Is there any point in stacking weapons from a single element? I mean once your main weapon has one element you just use other weapons that have the highest ATK right?

No, not at all, alot more complicated than that.

https://gbf.wiki/Basic_Grids

Basically, attack is nowhere near as important as the skills on the weapons.

Top Bottom