• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

AltRoku

Neo Member
Was hoping for a xeno spear from flip

F0Ckdl3.png

Huh didn't know these could drop on NMs

yippeed

Neo Member
Updates and more questions.

Trying to build up to a SR grid since just leaching off public raids has gotten me one SSR Wind gauntlet only.
-How many copies of those SR weapons should I build towards?
-Is it ever a waste? Guide says building SR up to Sk3 is fine and I have no problems using one to feed a SSR later down the line.
-Almost have enough pendants to trade for my first omega...

Traded for a seraphic weapon. When does using it better my grid as oppose to SR stuff?

Is there a point to save Cerulean Stones?

Updates and more questions.

Trying to build up to a SR grid since just leaching off public raids has gotten me one SSR Wind gauntlet only.
-How many copies of those SR weapons should I build towards?
-Is it ever a waste? Guide says building SR up to Sk3 is fine and I have no problems using one to feed a SSR later down the line.
-Almost have enough pendants to trade for my first omega...

Traded for a seraphic weapon. When does using it better my grid as oppose to SR stuff?

Is there a point to save Cerulean Stones?
Keep hitting those raids, youre wasting your time with an sr grid, what do you hope to accomplish with a weak grid?

Save up the cerulean stones for it could save you a ton of trouble down the road with getting blue sky crystals or ancient cloths, both needed in high mumbers for making revenant weapons.

It's never really a waste to skill up an SR weapon. You'll still stock pile some skill up points on that weapon that you can later feed to SSR weapons or whatever else you want to skill them up/

Xisiqomelir

So my original Shiva x Shiva plan was to Takeshi Kuromimi it:

x8uOhDa.png

and someday do this.

But now I think I want to Firepaoa it:

CR5DGu1.jpg

and someday do this!

Also glad to see Reddit are starting to come around on the Xenosag. Far too much blublubluing about "not as good as" and no appreciation for the possibilities it presents as-is.

I'm excited to unlock Apsaras and see how it does in Guild War!

If I got it right, that is the off element grid that Firepaoa uses. The one in the video is this grid http://imgur.com/a/9qMiJ since obviously you want a seraphic weapon when on element. It has less estimated damage because it doesn't take in account the seraphic bonus (I wonder why they don't fix that).

chrono01

It doesn't look like we'll be getting that swimsuit LegFes after all, there goes my hopes of sparking for Zooey. I guess it's next year for me. :(

Granted they could always announce it on Monday, but the later it goes without mention of it, the less hope I have.

Yaari

It doesn't look like we'll be getting that swimsuit LegFes after all, there goes my hopes of sparking for Zooey. I guess it's next year for me. :(

Granted they could always announce it on Monday, but the later it goes without mention of it, the less hope I have.

Everyone is expecting it on Monday, the schedule matches it perfectly too. 28-31 part 1 summer legfest. 31-2 part 2 with io's flb weapon.

chrono01

Everyone is expecting it on Monday, the schedule matches it perfectly too. 28-31 part 1 summer legfest. 31-2 part 2 with io's flb weapon.
Man, I really hope so!

I want to get hyped now, but I'm going to try to temper my expectations in-case it doesn't happen.

I think this is the last legfest I pull on before saving for a spark. Honestly I have pretty good characters for all elements except for light, and even light isn't too bad I have Juliette, Albert, and some good 5* SRs in Feather and Noa. I'll pull now for a shot at summer Heles or Zooey, and after that I can wait I think.

ohlawd

IT HAPPENED! SUMMER LEGFES!!!!

http://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=14071

Edit: Wait, Zooey can't be sparked? Only 2017 characters? The hell. :/

Well, I guess it's next year for me. Man, I've already waited a year, I can't believe they didn't make Zooey sparkable. So upsetting.

yeh but it's completely understandable. last year's was just ridiculous when everything was sparkable. hot take but idgaf; this is how the spark pool for themed events should be done. the only thing cygames flubbed is making July have a less than favorable pool. July and August are both summer months. it doesn't make sense to me to sandbag July completely to blow your load on August. what I would have done is introduce old summer characters in July's legfes spark pool and have August's spark pool be for new characters only so I guess they've got half of it right this time. just makes sense to me. either spark for old summers in July or spark for new in August.

you can't spark Zooey but she's still in the gacha. you can still try your luck with the 90c rolls lol.

chrono01

yeh but it's completely understandable. last year's was just ridiculous when everything was sparkable. hot take but idgaf; this is how the spark pool for themed events should be done. the only thing cygames flubbed is making July have a less than favorable pool. July and August are both summer months. it doesn't make sense to me to sandbag July completely to blow your load on August. what I would have done is introduce old summer characters in July's legfes spark pool and have August's spark pool be for new characters only so I guess they've got half of it right this time. just makes sense to me. either spark for old summers in July or spark for new in August.

you can't spark Zooey but she's still in the gacha. you can still try your luck with the 90c rolls lol.
Yeah, I can understand why they did things as they did, it's still disappointing for me though. I know Zooey (supposedly) shows up every three months or so, so if that trend continues I'll just wait it out. I won't have a chance at the other summer characters, but I guess that's all I can do.

Shinypogs

I sparked my chicken today and got a crazy haul in the process.
full ssr list:
chicken
zoey
Io
sturm
summer bea
diantha x2
feena
yoda
light jeanne d'arc
summer percy
rosamia
summer zeta
summer sieg
dirt cag
vania
veight

This was a lovely payoff to my first spark given I started in April and have been saving since early may. I went from a few functional ssr in several elements, which dragged my ass to HL recently; to nice rosters ans fillers for all my elements now.

May legfest be as kind to anyone else who sparks or pulls.

45 pulls got me one new SSR character. A hairy potato. You'd send that back and demand a refund if you were at a restaurant. Also got three gold moons and Baal so I was doing pretty good rate wise. I think this definitely means I need to spark.

May legfest be as kind to anyone else who sparks or pulls.
I've basically quit playing, but I had saved up enough for a spark a few months back waiting for chicken.

Out of all the sparking process, I only got 2 (dull) SSRs. (no Summer Zoey either)
Good thing I stopped playing honestly.
This would've made me so mad a year ago when I was really into the game.

45 pulls got me one new SSR character. A hairy potato. You'd send that back and demand a refund if you were at a restaurant. Also got three gold moons and Baal so I was doing pretty good rate wise. I think this definitely means I need to spark.
If you mean Melissabelle she is a good character in short fights (with my not so great grid she does like 1+ million damage in the first turn) eventually you end with two 1+ million nukes. I hope to some day have an ultimate sword with skill damage cap up team with her Siete and Lecia for brutal nukes.

Oh wait I forgot I also completed my Charlotta collection with her OG SSR (the art is so weirdly off brand) so I drew 6/45 SSRs, a crazy good 13% rate that makes up for a couple shitty legfests, and I still didn't get much that I'm thinking I'll actually use.

yippeed

Neo Member
Keep hitting those raids, youre wasting your time with an sr grid, what do you hope to accomplish with a weak grid?

The goal wasn't to build a weak grid; just that I couldn't even clear hard raids solo until I built out the SR version. Earth team is still sketchy on hard raids.

Used pendants to buy the Tiamat Bolt Omega. If I end up getting another one, should I uncap the first or build up the lvl/sk of a second. (I'm kinda tapped on feeding mats at the moment but should have enough when I save up enough)

The goal wasn't to build a weak grid; just that I couldn't even clear hard raids solo until I built out the SR version. Earth team is still sketchy on hard raids.

Used pendants to buy the Tiamat Bolt Omega. If I end up getting another one, should I uncap the first or build up the lvl/sk of a second. (I'm kinda tapped on feeding mats at the moment but should have enough when I save up enough)

Don't uncap until you have a base grid of bolts set up. You'll get more mileage out of skilling up 2 to 10 than uncapping one.

vall03

The leeching is very real with Xeno Sagi when you bring a 40% Atk Summon as Support and you still end up as MVP without even trying. lol

Hey guys would like some tips

Im playing this game semi casually im not really doing raids and the like but i guess i would like to do a bit more with the game what kind of team should i build what should i go for

I feel lost
Im just gonna post the ssrs and stuff since im guessing those are the best to use?

in case they arent showing up

http://imgur.com/a/uBXsU

http://imgur.com/a/LpcC3

http://imgur.com/a/PkZhQ

http://imgur.com/a/OnGC0

screw it they arent showing up just posting the links instead :/

That is an impressive array of unused characters, my first recommendation is that you need to grind if you want to be powerful in the game.

The basics are doing each day the hard raids of each element and then the omegas. To know if you like a character or not you need to at least level them to 45 and do the quest to unlock their third skill.

This document explains the advantages of each character https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lo-r5oP5PVDBjDtN8SlJBpFCqCcYnZmvy1d0mIQsriw/edit#gid=0

Im playing this game semi casually im not really doing raids and the like but i guess i would like to do a bit more with the game what kind of team should i build what should i go for

I feel lost
Im just gonna post the ssrs and stuff since im guessing those are the best to use?

in case they arent showing up

http://imgur.com/a/uBXsU

http://imgur.com/a/LpcC3

http://imgur.com/a/PkZhQ

http://imgur.com/a/OnGC0

screw it they arent showing up just posting the links instead :/

You have great water characters. You really should just hit levi omega raids for the foreseeable future (goal = 6 fully uncapped ssr daggers)

Estoc

That awkward moment when you got Nezha and Romeo from 30 pulls but are still unhappy with the result, because you're thirsty and want summer version of certain characters.

If it ever gets a FLB like Setekh then it would be a 100% chance in first call of 50% attack/defence down for 3 turns, useful to killing faster nightmares since you are free to use all your MC skills for attack/buff. Also useful if your skills are in cooldown and the bosses clear their debuffs.

Moonlight

Banned
Took about a break from the game after getting all the GW weapons I needed and came back to blow all my crystals (about 12k) on Summer LegFes. Was really hoping for at least Diantha (okay, more like Canna and Harie) and wound up with jack, lol. Probably the least luck I've ever had with a LegFes, but good motivation to try and save up for a spark next time and avoid the heartbreak.

...which is also way easier said than done because Grea looks way up my alley. Oh well.

Also the relentless pacing of events in GBF is as exhausting as it is amazing. Hard to figure out an optimal time to get to grinding out my grid when there always seems to be better ways to spend time in terms of immediate rewards.

I agree, especially if you managed to get your hands on a MLB xeno spear, this event doesn't really have much in the way of good rewards. Just clear the story and missions for crystals and dama cubes and you're pretty much done.

So in part 1 of this legfest, I sparked and got Hades, Titan, and Europa.

Now I actually need to build grids for these somehow. :( I wish I could get Gislas, but I'm F2P...

Now I actually need to build grids for these somehow. :( I wish I could get Gislas, but I'm F2P...

Farm events and buy the gold moon from the renown shop every month and you'll get there in no time~. And by no time I mean like a year from now

Verelios

I got an extra Nezha from Legfest and am currently wondering to what extent I want to uncap him, or if it's worth it. Actually, I just feel extreme longing for Shiva...

High-five. I have 2 of those. Hades from earlier and Europa from yesterday. Not really sure how to build a water grid beyond grabbing a bunch of daggers, and I don't plan on buying Gislas either. Maybe I can grind out 25 more gold moons to get my first.

Actually, so I have Hades, Zeus, Europa, and 1* Baha. I also have 2 sunlight stones. Who is most worth dropping those stones into? Or should I just hold them for now and see what happens?

Took about a break from the game after getting all the GW weapons I needed and came back to blow all my crystals (about 12k) on Summer LegFes. Was really hoping for at least Diantha (okay, more like Canna and Harie) and wound up with jack, lol. Probably the least luck I've ever had with a LegFes, but good motivation to try and save up for a spark next time and avoid the heartbreak.

...which is also way easier said than done because Grea looks way up my alley. Oh well.

Also the relentless pacing of events in GBF is as exhausting as it is amazing. Hard to figure out an optimal time to get to grinding out my grid when there always seems to be better ways to spend time in terms of immediate rewards.

Relentless? Most people should have all the rewards from story events within the first two days though, so theres plenty of time to still build a grid, xeno is kind of a break to grid build two assuming you get the drops and just want one xeno weapon for a grid..

Unite & Fight & Rise of the Beasts though there the times that I cant ever get full pendents or grid build, so much time just hitting and hitting and hitting lol. Dull events like the current one are a breath of fresh air.

Would be different if Owen was playable.

Top Bottom