• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Actually, so I have Hades, Zeus, Europa, and 1* Baha. I also have 2 sunlight stones. Who is most worth dropping those stones into? Or should I just hold them for now and see what happens?
Baha since you can FLB it for huge stats and good summon effect. Even if someday you phase it out for Hades you will keep using it as secondary summon.

Moonlight

Banned
Guess I should say I'm not used to events that you can afford to skimp on to focus on other stuff. At least in these sorts of games. Though good to know all the same, think I'm pretty behind on my Magna grid farming so hopefully I can catch up,

Also thanks to Ultimadrago, I'm now a new crew member of Trick Room! I'll try not to be dead weight, lol.

Gizuko

High-five. I have 2 of those. Hades from earlier and Europa from yesterday. Not really sure how to build a water grid beyond grabbing a bunch of daggers, and I don't plan on buying Gislas either. Maybe I can grind out 25 more gold moons to get my first.

Actually, so I have Hades, Zeus, Europa, and 1* Baha. I also have 2 sunlight stones. Who is most worth dropping those stones into? Or should I just hold them for now and see what happens?

As deathkiller said, FLBing Baha is probably for the best. Do check out the FLB materials beforehand, in case you decide the grind is too much.

As for your water grid. Magna water is a mess, I wouldn't go there with Europa, not even worth considering. In case you do decide you'd rather try your luck at it, get 5 daggers, fill the gaps with RoB axe, Baha weapon, 2 Unkown, main hand.

Using 1 unkown instead of 2 allows for better cosmos synergy (unless you have a FLB Pinya knife or xeno cocy's is a dagger), but come Xeno Cocy farming 2 will probably give better results (it's also harder). I'd probably knock either 1 dagger or 1 unkown to make room for gabu wand, unless you are using xeno as MH.

If you don't go water magna, though, things get better. One Murgleis is basically a must when mix-maxing, so I hope you have SSR Kat (Murgleis could be used in magna if you don't mind spending the resources), but it is not necessary.

Primal water builds can largely skip Auberons/Gleipnirs nowadays, if you use Ely and have Murgleis, but you should consider getting them if you want to play something else, as your only buffer will be 5* Quattre unless you got Diantha/Christmas Arulu lately. In other words, use Chev Axes as filler and work towards getting Wilhelms and Fimbuls, next time Fenrir shows up.

Usually having 1-2 Fimbuls is enough, but having more is good, too. You'll want your RoB Shellfists and Axe too, and 1-2 unkowns (crunch some numbers on motocal, once you have the time/know which weapons you can reliably get) and SSR Gabu wand.

Using 1-2 Omega daggers is probably a must, too, unless you whale with Durandals/Murgleis.

One of the things I like about primal water (my main grid) is that it seems to accept whatever you throw at it, so don't worry about your grid being in shambles at first - mine still is! While it's far from optimal, it works nonetheless. Murgleis is just broken like that.

This is my quick and dirty introduction to primal water, but I'm still trying to min-max my grid, so take it with a grain of salt and, as always, take into account wether you want to actually grind for a particular weapon or not before going for it. Sometimes getting +1000 damage might not be worth the grind if you aren't as hardcore.

As deathkiller said, FLBing Baha is probably for the best. Do check out the FLB materials beforehand, in case you decide the grind is too much.

As for your water grid. Magna water is a mess, I wouldn't go there with Europa, not even worth considering. In case you do decide you'd rather try your luck at it, get 5 daggers, fill the gaps with RoB axe, Baha weapon, 2 Unkown, main hand.

Using 1 unkown instead of 2 allows for better cosmos synergy (unless you have a FLB Pinya knife or xeno cocy's is a dagger), but come Xeno Cocy farming 2 will probably give better results (it's also harder). I'd probably knock either 1 dagger or 1 unkown to make room for gabu wand, unless you are using xeno as MH.

If you don't go water magna, though, things get better. One Murgleis is basically a must when mix-maxing, so I hope you have SSR Kat (Murgleis could be used in magna if you don't mind spending the resources), but it is not necessary.

Primal water builds can largely skip Auberons/Gleipnirs nowadays, if you use Ely and have Murgleis, but you should consider getting them if you want to play something else, as your only buffer will be 5* Quattre unless you got Diantha/Christmas Arulu lately. In other words, use Chev Axes as filler and work towards getting Wilhelms and Fimbuls, next time Fenrir shows up.

Usually having 1-2 Fimbuls is enough, but having more is good, too. You'll want your RoB Shellfists and Axe too, and 1-2 unkowns (crunch some numbers on motocal, once you have the time/know which weapons you can reliably get) and SSR Gabu wand.

Using 1-2 Omega daggers is probably a must, too, unless you whale with Durandals/Murgleis.

One of the things I like about primal water (my main grid) is that it seems to accept whatever you throw at it, so don't worry about your grid being in shambles at first - mine still is! While it's far from optimal, it works nonetheless. Murgleis is just broken like that.

This is my quick and dirty introduction to primal water, but I'm still trying to min-max my grid, so take it with a grain of salt and, as always, take into account wether you want to actually grind for a particular weapon or not before going for it. Sometimes getting +1000 damage might not be worth the grind if you aren't as hardcore.

Yeah... Primal Water isn't really in the cards for me right now. Don't have a Murgleis and no real way to get one. I do have a bunch of daggers already, so I guess I'll just rock those for now. I only need the team for on-element fights anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad. I still need to finish Light, Dark and Earth, and get a baseline for Wind and Fire. I'll keep this in mind though, as I pick up new stuff.

Moonlight

Banned
I've been spending a lot of time so far trying to build up a water Magna grid, and I do have Murgleis. So then should I just stop bothering with this and focus on Primal instead?

Draxal

I've been spending a lot of time so far trying to build up a water Magna grid, and I do have Murgleis. So then should I just stop bothering with this and focus on Primal instead?

Um,varuna weapons are mainly got from two recurring events.

Fenrir Showdown (u get the Fimbul bow and Glepiner Axe); and Rise of Beats/Celestials (where you get Xuanwu Axe and Shellfist).

You can also farm Macula Marius for Auberons (but its torture).

In order to do a true Varuna build you would need your own Varuna summon and you would also use Varuna friend summons, you can also do a mix elemental/varuna build if you have a bonito or europa and using random + friend varunas.

Murgleis can be used in a Magna grid as well.

Dragner

I just got Tezcat with my spark.

Let's hope the FLBs are somewhat comforting.

Sethlands was already revealed. Its still bad. 90/130% and the call effect even doing it 100% is worst than shiva.

Even cygames knows its bad because they just released another fire bonito.

Tezcat is good even at 0*. I wish I had it :(.

Didnt expect +mark so soon together, so I only had enough for 1 ten draw.
DIzw6mIV4AA5L0k.jpg:small

Dragner

On my way to double GW character recruit, only need the gold bricks and some crappy mats from the early stages and Song and Quattre will be mine.

On my way to get that many whorls got enough silver frags for 5 * six, I dont think Ill upgrade him but itsfree.jpg.

Have to cull people's pot supplies every which way.

Any of the gaf crews got an opening for two? Buddy and I looking to actually earn some valor this gw.

As it turns out, I had just cleaned out some of the inactive members in Trick Room. You can send over the Ids and I can add them.

yippeed

Neo Member
So been at this for a month now and kind of settled in to the grind. My "progress" so far.

http://imgur.com/a/7NG4M

Mostly bad but still not 100% sure how to improve. Earth was one of the first grids I experimented on and is really horrible (in additional to it having bad SRs to build up). Fire is inflated due to the class/weapon synergies. Working of wind right now, got 2 gloves leeching. I'm still not seeing how this will scale at a rate where I can MVP my own Omega Raids (been hoarding all the Animas so far).

Most of the plus marks were mistakes but since its just filler to be given up later, not a problem.

Just keep going as is? Advice?

Just keep going as is? Advice?
Just keep going, make sure of max your pendants every week to purchase a SSR omega weapon every two weeks. Is important to have SSR weapons as main hands since they do better ougi/special attacks so try to get one even at 0 star (look at the side quests for Phoenix weapons).

Once you have an SSR Omega weapon you can focus your skill fodder on it.

yippeed

Neo Member
Once you have an SSR Omega weapon you can focus your skill fodder on it.

It just seems a waste to raise skill level for a weapon that will level cap it. But that didn't happen because I got a natural Omega Bolt drop and that used up all the fillers I had saved. Now I have nothing left and nearing 5k pedants for a trade. And now more questions.

Should I be saving the Fury Pebble / Gems? The pebbles at least don't see to give that much toward skill level.

Since I have Anat, should I trade the Sagittarius/Weekly trial SRs to use a s fodder to skill up?

Because now I'm going after some specific drops, I'm not using the Angel stuff as much and it's starting to fill up my inventory. Should I be selling some off?

Should I be saving the Fury Pebble / Gems? The pebbles at least don't see to give that much toward skill level.
Use 2 pebbles to replace an SR and a GEM instead an SR to avoid 1% chance of faliure on some cases, the table is here https://gbf.wiki/Raising_Weapon_Skills

Since I have Anat, should I trade the Sagittarius/Weekly trial SRs to use a s fodder to skill up?
I wouldn't grind Sagittarius for SR, if you have already done, yes, every SR drop/exchange is skill fodder (Except Bahamut rusted weapons)

Because now I'm going after some specific drops, I'm not using the Angel stuff as much and it's starting to fill up my inventory. Should I be selling some off?
You can use angel weapons to level your characters if you already have maxed weapon levels.

Shinypogs

Running yuel, Sturm and swimsuit Bea with a wip agni grid and Atma sword with trium. Multi attacks, crits and echoes for days. On the other hand twin elements is stingier than chev man.

Still I've got 300 berries set aside to stalk twin with. Then I need to work on mats for nirvana so I can unlock t4 and then when that is done it's 5* GW mat time aka angel halo hell.

God I hope October is quiet I desperately need an easy month.

Xisiqomelir

Wait you have an atma sword but not T4 classes? I thought atma weapons were from the strongest version of bahamut?

Eh, people act like T4 is a rush, but I'd finished Sarasa and was well into Tien before I managed to get Oliver fire-changed and my Berzerk

EDIT: Also rank 114 at the time

Gizuko

I hit 101 Sept last year, but didn't ele-change Nirvana until december/january. It's not really a rush, but I remember T4 classes being a really nice upgrade. Game-changing, perhaps (specially Sparta).

What do you all think of 5* Uno and Quattre? I'm gravitating towards FLBing Quattre because I have some relics already (and well, Quattre), but I do have a GW spear and I really like Uno.

Shinypogs

Wait you have an atma sword but not T4 classes? I thought atma weapons were from the strongest version of bahamut?

Ultima are from the strongest version ( 6 man), atma are from the 30 man version. My crew ran mini trains of them and I could easily farm the mats to host (I had Sarasa before I hit HL) so I just worked at it and got one a couple days ago. I mainly played holy saber during the raids and was anywhere between 18-22 out of 30 depending on if baha switched Sarasa to the backline or not. I also have Eugen as a battery for her and I finally had enough saved up to spark chicken during last legfest so my dirt is pretty strong.

I'm only rank 107 but I want t4 quickly. It will make my life so much easier to have more control over which skills I can bring and elysian and berserker will do wonder for my dirt and fire teams respectively what with the xeno weapons.

Top Bottom